actionradar 1800 HT Dr. Keene

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice one!! now you can look forward to great results.

Please keep me updated. would like to see how a 23 year olds progress goes. I had a bit more hair then you and looking to get 2000+ grafts.

keep us all posted on your progress.

thanx Spursman, im really exited it was something i was really looking forward to and i was sop happy i could do it with Dr. Sharon Keene and her staff. i have one question do i have to sleep with my cap on too? hehe forgot to ask that question

actionradar

hello actionradar !

i have surgery with dr keene sheduled for july!

did she asked you to shave your frontal remaining hair?

how far is hotel from their office?

ps do you have email i would like to ask u some info about HT?

thanx!

hey maki8787

actually no, she told me not to cut my hair for one month, i also had that question i didnt know if i had to shave it or not, so she told me not to do anything to my hair for a whole month, i wish you the best man, your in great hands, Dr. Keene and her entire staff are the best!

preop2_1.jpg.9ab0b4e3fa568523906941ed715f09e3.jpg

she told me same thing!

some people here says its better to shave all remaining hair for better result.

but i would like to hide my ht with my existing hair (at least from my second month after surgery) so i dont like idea of shaving my hair to 0.

yeah , just follow her instructions whatever she tells you to do, i guess some doctors do shave your hair becuase i have read that on certain blogs, but Dr. Keene doesnt. so how many grafts are you getting? how old are you?

Congratulations on a fine looking tranplant. Happy growing. I look forward to your progress.

2700 Total Grafts w/ Keene 9/28/05

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

1000 Total Grafts w/Keene 2/08/07

Mostly combined FU's for 2600+ hairs

My Photo Album

See me at Dr. Keene's Gallery

Looks Great! Dr. Keene would rather spend an extra hour placing grafts between/around your existing hair rather than ask you to shave. She did my HT about a year ago, and I was so happy that it blended right in and no one noticed at work. I am also very happy with the natural hairline that she created. Again, looks great!

thanx everyone for their comments soo bodhizepher just some questions, is this all the hair that is gonna come out or does it get much thicker or how does it go, i remember asking but i was a little bit still on the meds effect and couldnt focus that much on what they were telling me. oh heres a one week post op pics!

1weektop1.jpg.28c211f7f23da32c542bc5f110eb171d.jpg

All the transplanted hair you see there is the hair that will shed and then start to regrow at about 3 months. It will not necessarily get thicker. It will grow and mature, which will "appear" thicker. Expect it to shed in the next few weeks.

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

My Photo Album

Sorry actionradar, I have been busy at work. Gorpy is correct. First, usually within 90-days your transplanted hair will fall out. This doesn't happen all at once, so don't stress...and it is suppose to do this. Then they will start to grow, and go through their normal growth, shed, growth cycles. At 4 months, you should start see some growth. By month 6, you are about 50% there as far as growth. I was actually really impressed at the six month mark. As the rest of the months go by, you will see more and more growth and thickness. Between 10 months and a year is when I saw a huge difference. Seriously, keep a photo diary and compare your monthly pics. You will be amazed. Gorpy is also correct in pointing out that alot of this "thickness" is an illusion, which a great doc like Dr. Keene can create. And waiting is the hardest part. Try not to look at it everyday, which I know is hard not too. Also, follow your docs post care sheet carefully. Especially, if you get ingrown hairs. Which leads me to also warn you that you may get some hairs off the bat that are a little kinky. This is also normal and will straighten out as they go through there cycles. Like Gorpy said, "waiting is the hardest part", so just sit back and let it do its thing.

thanx for answering bodhizepher and gorpy!, yeah im taking pics i was taking every day during the first week, now im gonna just take every week mark photos, damn yesterday i couldnt sleep i wanted to scratch my head so bad and i felt if i would fall asleep i would sractch without knowing it, and im taking care of these babys so much, so at 5 am i took a shower and boy did it feel good and finally i could sleep, im actually taking two showers a day.

congrats action! It will look great in a few months! I felt the same way after my last HT, will it look thin when it growns out? And boy was I pleasantly suprised! when it growns out it will thiken up and make a huge difference! Congrats and look forward to seeing your updates as I am not far hehind you on the HT as I had mine yesterday for my midscalp!

Make sure you don't spray water on the grafts with force. Gently let it flow over the grafts for about another week. You're about a week out, so it is ok to shampoo your hair, but just be gentle for a little longer. I remember what a great feeling it was to shampoo and get that clean feeling.

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

My Photo Album

thanks tkerr and gorpy for the response! i am looking very forward to see how it looks when it gets thicker and i will shower with caution also, im still using the cup to rinse and all that! yesterday i woke up at 5 am in the morning cuz i caught my self scratching a bit my hair, can it cause some damage? im 11 days now post op, i was not scratching really hard at all just a bit with the upper side of my nails,kinda like flicking my hair, i looked in the mirror and everything looked fine, im kinda paranoid about touching my hair, i dont even want to wear a cap cuz im afraid ill lose some grafts hahaha, at what time do you guys think its ok to wear a cap and not be afraid to loose the grafts? i know i could use it right after surgery, but was kinda scared to damage or pull some out. another question gorpy when i mist my grafts with the saline solution do i have to dry it or just let it sit their and dry on itself? thanx in advance