actionradar 1800 HT Dr. Keene

Just let the saline solution stay on. Don't dry it. I used to just keep a towel handy to wipe of what ran into my face.

2700 Total Grafts w/ Keene 9/28/05

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

1000 Total Grafts w/Keene 2/08/07

Mostly combined FU's for 2600+ hairs

My Photo Album

See me at Dr. Keene's Gallery

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks good! In the next month most of those precious grafts will shed. Too bad they have to go. But, they'll be sprouting back like a spring garden.

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

My Photo Album

• 2 weeks later...

well heres some new pics from week 3, when i was 16 days post op i called Dr. Keene since she told me to call her if i still had scabs after two weeks and as you can see in my 2 week pics i still had plenty, so she told me to shamp????o more agressively to take off the scabs wich i did, and boy did i see my hair fall off, it was kinda nerve wrecking but i guess thats the way it should be, but if the Dr. told me to do it i guess it cant be wrong , besides it was normal to shed since i had not lost one hair at all, maybe it was because i was washing my grafts extremely gentle, so as you can see now on week 3 tons of shedding occured now, mm what else itches a lot the donor area scar but other than that i guess im good!

side.jpgfront.jpg

Ah yes, the shedding phase. The next 3 months will seem like forever. Hang in there.

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

My Photo Album

You are looking good...and probably feeling much better, too! Like Gorpy said, the next three months will seem like forever. For me, and probably a lot of others, the next three months were the dark, depressing period. You begin to shed, nothing really seems to be happening, you start to question if you made the right decision,... but hang-in-there! 90-days from now, you should compare these pics with those, and you will see a difference, even though it doesn't seem like anything major has happened.

Hi actionradar,

Ahh, the shedding phase is a killer for everyone (I am currently going through it myself), it might affect you more than most because you will have a lot to lose and gain in cosmetic appearance with your HT. But knowing that you went with doctor Keene you will be guaranteed a great cosmetic appearance in the end.

Its going to be a tough time for us, which is why I like seeing other peoples results in the meantime that have gone through to the other side, i.e. 1 year post op :-)

1344 grafts with Ron Shapiro - June 2006

How right you are JakeVig! I am sitting at a little over 2-months post-op and the waiting game is definitely on. Having said that, I feel that the 'worst is over' in that there were some moments of discomfort (staples prior to removal) and awkwardness (styling of the hair to conceal the front hair being trimmed).

Now comes the waiting game. Hang in there Actionradar! The best is yet to come!

1662 with Dr. Ron Shapiro - Spring 2006

1105 with Dr. Ron Shapiro - Fall 2009

M&M Weblog

thanks everyone for your comments!

yeah its been weird shampooing my hair and having my fingers all full of hairs shedding, but i know it has to happen, so just gotta roll with it, my head feels kinda tight these days wich i guess should be normal too since im not that numb as i was up their in the recipient area. i actually have no idea what its gonna look like in 6 months and so looking forward to see it, you are so right with the staples prior to removal discomfort i guess thats the most annoying thing since you cant even sleep in any position, but when i got them off it was so great man (got them off i think one week post op dont remember the date exactly), and at work its ok to wear a cap so i usually wear trucker hats, i wore a fitted cap last friday and was kinda tight so i guess i will stick to the trucker caps instead! i will keep posting my updates and thanx again for all your comments, they are very much appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

hey whats up everyone!

well these are my 5 week post op pics.

i have been shedding like crazy i think i have about 10 percent of my transplanted hair left now, is this normal everyone?? how do you guys think it looks?? mm really itchy got some ingrown hairs wich im taking care of with the hot water and applying pressure to them with a gauze as my post op sheets say, well take care everyone! and hope to hear from you guys soon.

week5.jpg

week5side.jpg

Yeah unfortunately, the 10% left of transplanted hair is normal. Now you just have to sitback and hope the months go whizzing by :-). Are you using anything to try to speed your growth, i.e. Minoxidil or MSM?

1344 grafts with Ron Shapiro - June 2006

AR-

Yep, completely normal at this point post-HT. Kind of tough to loose those little guys but they'll come back. Ingrown hairs are actually a good thing because they're a sign of growth.

Thanks for the update..........happy growin'!

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

hey whats up!

good to know its normal specially all the ingrown hair, i havent been taking anything to get my hair to grow faster just take proscar, what should i take? Dr. told me to use rogaine, in mexico its called regaine but i guess its the same ill buy that what else should i use? oh another question when could i cut my hair? can i shave it or should i just cut it? thanx for replying you guys

The only thing I know of that may speed up hair growth is MSM(Methyl-sulfonyl-methane).....you can buy a 60 day supply at Walmart for around $7. I've been taking 3000 mg per day since HT #2. It does not help your new grafts sprout any earlier, but does speed up hair growth when they are growing along with your non-HT hair.

Proscar (finasteride), which inhibits the DHT that attacks MPB susceptible hair, will hopefully help you hang on the the hair you have and may help you regrow some. Rogaine is a topical solution.........they kind of do the same thing from a different approach. If you're going to use either, it's a lifelong commitment because anything kept or gained because of them will fall out if you stop using them. Do some searching on the site for either, there's a wealth of information.

You're far enough along in the process at this point you can cut your hair, shave it.....whatever you want. You may want to mind the donor area to try and keep enough to cover the scar. Some have used dermmatch (a concealer) to aid in covering it due to shock loss or until hair is long enough to cover.

Hairbank

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

I put a hot/warm moist/wet washcloth on my ingrown hairs, which really seemed to work. Have you tried that? As far as the hair growing in much faster, I would suggest not looking at it for a few weeks. Before you know it, it is growing in. Like I said before, this is the hard part. Just go out and do something and not think about it.

hey thanx for all the info you guys

i actually went with Dr. Keene too, and she told the same thing to about hot/warm moist/wet washcloth on my ingrown hairs and it has worked great, oh good thing i can cut my hair now or shave it, about the scar showing its ok i really dont mind, i was reading about the rogaine part in the sheets Dr. keene gave me and yeah saw the whole three months only, ill try to get that MSM hairbank says , as soon as i have to go to the states, hopefully next weekend, actually the first month and a week has gone really fast! i think the waiting for my surgery to save up the money and all that was what took forever in my situation, since i got it its been going fast, wich is really nice!

thanx for all your replys i very much appreciate it.

• 3 weeks later...

hey everyone! well this is my second month mark, ive been doing the whole rogaine thing and i in the bathroom mirror you can see tons of really thin hair, wich i think they should fall off right? or i dunno it looks pretty cool, i got a hair cut but they cut my frontal ahir with scissors thats why it look uneven hehehe well here are the pics

backmonth2.gif.7b287182a7ad1b26c4bb0efd0c0299db.gif

Hey Action,

Thanks for the update. The scar should start filling in for you soon and you should just be starting to experience some growth in the upcoming months...................should start getting very interesting. I'll bet you can't wait!!

Hairbank

My Hair Loss Weblog