Revita shampoo

I would not use Nizoral on a daily basis; personally I find it too harsh, even the 1%. Revita, however, I now use as my daily shampoo and I love everything about it. Also, it contains 2% ketoconazole!

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Originally posted by BuckWheat:

thanatopsis_awry-

Does Revita leave your hair/scalp dry? How long have you been using it? Have you seen any noticable regrowth?

IMO, Significant regrowth is almost impossible with any kind of product..Revita keeps your hair soft and reduces the hair fall. It has several ingredients which block DHT

Revita is one of the best shampoos out there for hairloss in my opinion. They really don't make false claims rather take a scientific view adding all of the potential DHT blockers /Hair stumulators in one shampoo. Best part, it leaves you hair feeling great too.

I've tried many shampoos and this one is the best.. NOW, I wouldnt hold my breath regarding regrowth or totally stopping hairloss but it may have some limited benefits

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

BuckWheat, I've heard another person say that Revita left his hair feeling soft. I just started on it yesterday and so far no dryness. I'm sure the ingredient: Emuoil is what is responsible for keeping your hair soft. I would only count on an HT to regrow hair though.

Alright guys I am taking the Revita plunge! It seems to be getting excellent reviews by all. Anyone out there that has real fine hair, like myself? I would assume that it would beef up its thin appearance by increasing the shaft diameter... Kind of excited to get this baby going...

You only live once...

Arrie, You should give Pantene"Full&Thick" a try. I'm not 100% sure it's by "Pantene" but when I double check, I'll let you know. It might be good in your case with thinner hair to alternate with Revita and Pantene. Revita might--might leave your hair a little limp because of the emuoil in it, but then the Pantene will balance that out. I've heard it's awesome to make your hair look a little thicker.

Its52,

Thanks I am using that now and it really does make your hair thicker. I am gonna give the Revita a try to see if it makes it look thicker than the Pantene full and thick. Unless you are talking about a different shampoo. Using the "full and thick" conditioner after using the revita shampoo might be a great 1-2 punch. I'll try to give you guys an update on how it works...

You only live once...

Actually,

the Revita doesnt leave hair limp by any means. Rather fluffy and full. I do not know why they do not make a conditioner with it though ?? However, it doesnt feel like you need one but maybe that Pantene can be used after as suggested.

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

So everyone knows, I recently contacted DS Laboratories (the company that makes Revita) to inquire whether or not the ingredient ketoconazole is at 1% or 2% since their documentation was ambiguous. It turns out that it only contains the 1% ingredient.

Though 1% has some evidence pointing to some benefit for hair loss sufferers, 2% is stronger with potentially more benefit. It is currently found in Nizoral 2%

Best wishes,

Bill

Interesting. I could swear I read in literature that it contained 2% -- guess not, thx for the research!

I still think Revita is great, but prolly' going to incorporate the niz 2% now, even though I'm not a fan of how it leaves my hair...also going to try Arrie's Revita/Niz followed by the Pantene Full n' Thick conditioner.

Our follicles need every edge they can get their paws on.

-----------

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Hi

I really think it is important to think to yourself how much hairloss improvement will this additional treatment do (not the cosmetic factor) . I doubt there will be a HUGE improvemet between using 2% Nizoral or just Revita. The actual results from using these products alone are marginal so a 1% increase would most likely produce a mute effect. I would also focus on the quality of your hair too which can be affected from the Nizoral

Just food for thought.

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

As a new user of Revita, I was going to scrap buying another bottle based on cost but there simply is no other shampoo that makes my hair feel as light and "clean" as this shampoo. In that regard, the cost of the shampoo, while a little steep, seems to be justification for buying it again.

I dont put much faith in any DHT blocker through shampoo, but combining its use with Rogaine is not entirely a bad idea. It sure cant hurt.

I keep Nizoral in my gym bag and use it when I shower after a workout as a break from Revita

ok, i haven't thought about shampoo for a while now, as i've been out of the country, but it seems that Revita is the new hot thing here and nobody is talking about Nioxin anymore. So lemme know, should I buy this Revita instead of Nioxin? i know people used to say that you shouldn't use the same shampoo every day, so should i get revita and Nioxin?

I used to use that Nizoral twice a week (2%), but i stopped since it made me so itchy, i figured scratching my scalp was worse than any potential good from that stuff.

Mrjb, a good point -- it really isn't worth breaking a sweat over the minutae of these products.

Wylie, that's exactly what I was doing and will go back to doing: revita for my home showers and before I go out, niz at the gym.

-----------

Hey Guys I just experienced my first day with Revita shampoo. I took a shower this morning and used the Revita by itself without a high quality conditioner. Let me tell you that this shampoo makes my thin hair feel thicker and just plain healthier. Tonight or tomorrow I will use a "high quality" conditioner tp see if it enhances my hair anymore. Great shampoo...

You only live once...

Hey guys.

I'm also getting the urge to buy Revita...guess it can't hurt.

Any thoughts on using maybe every other day.

The reason I'm thinking about doing this is I just purchased three bottles of aloe vera shampoo online.

It's real cheap but organic and not full of alot of gunk that other shampoos have.

I found it in a local health food store...but they were out of stock when i returned for my second bottle...found it online.

Again...any thoughts of every other day with the Revita or do you need to use it everyday to get the full results.

As always..thanks guys.

More_hair

More Hair, the company says around 6 times a week to reach full potential. As I stated I just tried it today for the first time and I loved it. $30 bucks for a bottle of shampoo for every month or so is quite expensive but it makes your hair feel great.

You only live once...

Hey Arrie...thanks for that info.

I'm probably going to order it.

I shower twice a day on workout days...so I'll be able to get it into my routine six times/week....even when using another shampoo.

I'm just trying to get a regular regime and stick with it.

Thanks,

More_hair

Hey guys,

Not sure why no one else has ever given it a try but several times in the past I have made reference of a Shampoo called <span class="ev_code_RED">Vitalize</span>. It is a shen min product. NO I don't believe it will regrow hair but it is designed to help thicken hair. Give it a try. It is cheap! $10-12 bottle. Makes your scalp tingle and hair feels soft, clean.

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

Hey Nelly

Does it have Ketoconazole in it? Also, does it dry out the hair?

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!