Impossible repair?: BHT in action -Dr Umar

This shows in a most poignant manner, the emerging role of BHT (As performed by Dr Umar) in the parlance of hair restoration.

This self explanatory

" rel="external nofollow">

aflash-reducedcrown-1.jpgIMG2550.jpg

IMG2553.jpg

IMGA35361.jpgIMGA3520.jpg

IMGA35451.jpg

IMGA3516.jpg

This shows in a most poignant manner, the emerging role of BHT (As performed by Dr Umar) in the parlance of hair restoration.

This self explanatory

aflash-reducedcrown-1.jpgIMG2550.jpg

IMG2553.jpg

IMGA35361.jpgIMGA3520.jpg

IMGA35451.jpg

IMGA3516.jpg

Fantastic transformation for a horrible situation. Isn't it sad how people will go to such lengths to avoid going bald (plugs, scalp reductions, flaps, etc.) only to in the end wish they could just look normal. Thankfully, most of these disasters are a thing of the past.

What I think also deserves a lot of credit is the great hairline work done by Dr. Umar. The temples and hairline on this patient arre simply fabulous in design.

1662 with Dr. Ron Shapiro - Spring 2006

1105 with Dr. Ron Shapiro - Fall 2009

M&M Weblog

Guest wanthairs

this is the most remarkable transformation I have ever seen in any patient.

Dr. Umar is an absolute genius for being able to do this.

INCREDIBLE !!! absolutely stunning !!!

This poor guy is finanly getting his life back and in about one year the transformation will be far more incredible than it is today.

• Administrators

Ten years ago when I began working with patients online, hair disasters were all too common. Fortunately, the standard of care and techniques used have evolved vastly, in large part due to educated patients demanding only the best.

The multiple flap and scalp reduction surgeries that this patient endured are largely relics of the past - thank God.

I can only imagine the misery and pain that this patient has endured. Big kudos to Dr. Umar for doing the very tedious work of restoring this person's normal look and his life. I look forward to seeing how this patient does long term and how the hair growth cycles of his body hair affect his appearance on an ongoing basis.

While this case is very impressive, I would like to know what percentage of Dr. Umar's patients achieve cosmetically significant growth. Based my conversations with him in his office, his success rates are high.

It is beginning to look like BHT will have a real place in helping to restore patients with limited scalp donor hair and that Dr. Umar is the leading practitioner of BHT.

At some point I would like to formally present Dr. Umar to this community for consideration for formal recommendation. I think the unique procedure that he offers would supplement the standard strip and FUE that most of the leading physicians currently offer.

Any thoughts whether we should at this time formally recommend Dr. Umar and his BHT work on the Hair Transplant Network? I have visited his clinic ( view highlights ) and we have seen multiple examples of his successes. Do we need to wait for more evidence or is it time to welcome him aboard?

Onwards and Upwards, Pat

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

BHT is expensive, but for those with depleted resources, its worth it. Dr. Umar has lots of patients that are jaw dropping transformations, this guy was in bad shape, but it is a toss up if he was as bad off as the physician who had the back of his head covered with 5mm holes from the days of plugs and a nasty frontal scar from a flap surgery. I read where this patient said, in his own words, that his dreadful results from antiquated methods were not "career limiting", and he did not wear a hairpiece, either.

I suspect many of us would have found it hard to even live looking like this guy once did but the way he looks now is incredible.

BHT gets lots of skepticism from some people, but always question those who are critical of it WHY they are critical. Do they perform this type of surgery with similar results to Dr. Umar's?

If the answer is "No", then that's a good start in understanding their position.

Keep up the great work Dr. Umar, see ya soon.

Originally posted by Pat - Publisher of this Community:

Any thoughts whether we should at this time formally recommend Dr. Umar and his BHT work on the Hair Transplant Network? I have visited his clinic ( view highlights ) and we have seen multiple examples of his successes. Do we need to wait for more evidence or is it time to welcome him aboard?

Onwards and Upwards, Pat

I believe he warrants serious consideration. He is the only physician in the United States I would trust with BHT, as his results speak for themselves.

I think the one thing to keep in mind is that not everyone is a candidate for this type of surgery. Dr. Umar seems very down to earth and realistic as to what can be accomplished and in which patients.

I look forward to seeing more of Dr. Umar's work and believe that he should be strongly considered for recommendation in the near future.

Best wishes,

Bill

i would agree that Dr Umar warrants a recommendation for his work. He has brought a group of forgotten cases some long deserved peace.

My only hesitation with him in the past is the bloody post photos, but i believe this is partly attributed the extra long and tedious BHT surgery.

Either way, i say he deserves a Rec. from this site.

• Administrators

Thanks for everyone's thoughtful input. Given what we have all seen of Dr. Umar's work and technique I think it is time to put his potential recommendation out to this community in a topic dedicated to gathering everyones input.

Personally I think it would be great to have him in our Network for those mission impossible cases in particular.

Pat

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Hes done some fine work on some very hard cases .

The only problem is where are the scalp only fue cases ? I havent seen any.

If your going to recommend him ,there should be an asterisk next to his name.

To me so far hes a last ditch doc that has saved some guys but with an incredible amount of grafts. If those numbers were scalp hairs people would be totally restored.

Could you have him post some recent pics of his grown out results.

If your going to have an all body and scalp fue clinic on here. Bverroti scalp only fue clinic should of been considered before him .

Its admirable what Dr Umar does but I dont know what his philosophy is . Is he going to recommend a BHT /Scalp combo on all his patients .

I think in this case he needs to prove that hes worthy. A few pics here and there to me is not enough. People may confuse what hes really .

about.

Body hair should be used as little as possible but some docs abuse that when other methods were still available

I agree with the Kudos Dr. Umar definitely deserves on these "impossible" cases. Like PGP said for the BHT/Beard scenarios were its a last ditch effort I absolutely agree he should get considered. I still would like to see his conventional scalp fu work. Not saying he can't produce results of scalp fu via strip or fue, its just I haven't seen any.

You only live once...

• Administrators

Please Grow Please,

I hear your concerns. I will email Dr. Umar to provide more information about his philosophy and to encourage him to provide more examples of straight FUE work.

My sense is that he has recently posted the most difficult cases that a physician can encounter and that standard FUE would be less challenging. But I agree that we should hear more from him about his overall philosophy and see more of his work.

Thanks for your thoughtful input.

Pat

My Hair Loss Blog

This is the patient on the video, I'm here in town to have a follow up with Dr Umar. I appreciate all the nice comments. I personally believe Dr. Umar is the only one who could have achieved my transformation. I'm near the end of my process and need to give it time for the last of my surgeries to flourish. For all those out there who have given up hope, I can tell you that Dr Umar's work is real and that few of you will ever be in as bad a condition as I was. If it were not for BHT, this repair would not have been possible. I was originally referred to a different BHT doctor in the U.S, but after researching on my own, I came upon Dr. Umar and decided to go with him. I feel his skill and dedication is unequaled. I have spoken to other people who had lost hope and I know of at least

• Administrators

Newgrowth,

Welcome to our community. A big congratulations on your great transformation and kudos to you for surviving the ordeal you went through prior to Dr. Umar.

I hope you become a regular member of our community. Feel free to create patient weblog documenting your journey if you'd like.

I'm curious. How does your body hair feel, manage and grow on your scalp? Does it feel and grow like your regular scalp hair? How far does it grow in length? You are certainly on the cutting edge of new procedure.

Best wishes for continued growth and for enjoying life to the fullest.

Pat

My Hair Loss Blog

I couldn't possibly recommend Dr Umar more than I have over the past year since he performed my first scalp FUE and now, one week ago, my second.

I know that this thread is about BHT, but once or twice somebody asked for scalp only results from Dr Umar, so here is the photo of my noggin only seven days after sitting in his chair.

I sat down on a Monday (9th)for two days of approx 1600 grafts and this is how my head looks now! (Picture taken on the Monday afternoon of the 16th)

I've always admired how quickly Dr Umar's procedures heal up, enabling you to get back to your life with minimal disturbance and nobody (in my case, anyway) noticing a single thing has occurred!

H f H

3000 grafts - August 07

1600 grafts - June 08

Dr Umar

As of June 08, I am proud to say that I am officially a showcase patient of Dr Sanusi Umar of Redondo Beach, California for Australia and the South Pacific Realm.

In no way whatsoever am I an employee or consultant. I'm simply a VERY happy patient who is honoured to have been asked to share my FUE results with anyone who asks. (which I've been doing anyway for the last nine months since my first procedure icon_smile.gif)

IMG_6665.jpg.9dd313075d45b7465339c3ecfff62523.jpg