Armani

Graff

Hi all

First of all I just wanted to say thanks again for this excellent site, it has proved to be a vital source of info. Wanted tot ask a pretty straight question really, I'm well aware of the opinions of many on this site regarding the ethics of Armanis approach expecially in younger patients but I really wanted to ask what your honest opinions are on teh quality of his work. See I'm seriously thinking about booking an FUE session with Armani for 3000-4000 grafts to fill in my frontal area. I have met with him and even saw in person with him an FUE patient of his who had a large number of grafts and the work looked excellent, the guys head was shaved doen and I'll be damned if I could see any scars or marks at all. They also showed me about 15 FUE results from 3 months throught to one year and they all looked great. I have almost decided to go with Armani but was wondering what everyone's opinions are on the QUALITY of his work and his skill. I am nearly 40 years old and only have loss in the fromt region not in the crown of further back so I would have thought that 3000-4000 would do it for me but I really wanted to double check on your thoughts on the quality of his work with FUE. The results I have seen looked great and although there is a lot of speculation on the lack of results from his mega sessions, in all my searching of the forums on the net I have yet to see one single unhappy client who did not achieve results, you would think there would be one. I understand that perhaps they are making people sign confidentiality forms or whatever but as you all know with the internet you can post and be totally anonymous so surely there would be something? Sorry to go on but I just want to make sure that if I go with Armani I'm not missing something and I am indeed going into the hands of one of the best out there. Thanks again all

Hi all

First of all I just wanted to say thanks again for this excellent site, it has proved to be a vital source of info. Wanted tot ask a pretty straight question really, I'm well aware of the opinions of many on this site regarding the ethics of Armanis approach expecially in younger patients but I really wanted to ask what your honest opinions are on teh quality of his work. See I'm seriously thinking about booking an FUE session with Armani for 3000-4000 grafts to fill in my frontal area. I have met with him and even saw in person with him an FUE patient of his who had a large number of grafts and the work looked excellent, the guys head was shaved doen and I'll be damned if I could see any scars or marks at all. They also showed me about 15 FUE results from 3 months throught to one year and they all looked great. I have almost decided to go with Armani but was wondering what everyone's opinions are on the QUALITY of his work and his skill. I am nearly 40 years old and only have loss in the fromt region not in the crown of further back so I would have thought that 3000-4000 would do it for me but I really wanted to double check on your thoughts on the quality of his work with FUE. The results I have seen looked great and although there is a lot of speculation on the lack of results from his mega sessions, in all my searching of the forums on the net I have yet to see one single unhappy client who did not achieve results, you would think there would be one. I understand that perhaps they are making people sign confidentiality forms or whatever but as you all know with the internet you can post and be totally anonymous so surely there would be something? Sorry to go on but I just want to make sure that if I go with Armani I'm not missing something and I am indeed going into the hands of one of the best out there. Thanks again all

Hi Graff,

I do believe that ethics is a part of the quality of ones work. Judging by online pictures of armani patients I can say he delivers good work. His skills as a hair transplant surgeon seem good. He is able to dense pack grafts and using state of the art methods. However a lot of Armani patient results online are results of strip patients and not FUE patients.

Keep in mind that hair loss is progressive and don't use excessive donor hair.

I have not that much of knowledge of Armani results and a veteran member could inform you more!! But you obviously made a wise decision to research more.

max

Graff you seem to the fit the criteria of a "perfect" patient for frontal dense pack.

While I do not subscribe to dense packing younger men-- if you have at 40, I think you can take some additional risk.

Anyway, is it just the fue or are you generally liking the work by Armani?

Also, which surgeon are you going to go with at Armani? I think they have 4 or 5 doctors doing sessions.

When you ask about JUST Dr. Armani, I think you would be fine.

I have not seen any results by the other docs, so I cannot comment there.

Anyway, you have lived with baldness for many years--waiting 6-8 months for more results from this particular doctor seems reasonable, especially in light of your concerns.

Perhaps check out some other fue docs in the meantime and see if you can meet patients of theirs--- best way to do it IMO.

Take Care,

Jason

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Graff,

Welcome to our discussion forum.

You may indeed be a candidate for a hair transplant densely packed megasession at your age.

The key in your research should be consistency. One "wow" patient may impress you, but in my opinion, these results should be consistent among patients before taking the plunge.

Ethical issues aside, personally, I'd be extremely reluctant to take the plunge into FUE with Dr. Armani due to the lack of positive and consistent results posted online to date.

I'm especially reluctant to buy into the hype of FUE megasessions for everyone (in general) until more evidence is seem publicly.

In my opinion, do your homework and don't limit yourself to Dr. Armani. If it were me, I would be seeking another surgeon.

Bill

Amen. His current, tangible work w/ FUE is questionable to say the least; to say nothing of his "ethics".

That you can't find half-way clear examples of grown out Armani patients (FUE) is of prime importance.

Also, keep in mind that the central concern (fact....) is the yield % of grafts in brute force FUE megasessions has yet to be resolvd. This, however, can be (somewhat) masked if, say, you went about (squandering) 4k grafts for a person who needs maybe half-that....the yield could be horrific and sub-50% yet the end results would still look "good", even "great"....of course, the procedure was a total sham and to your absolute detriment compare to what you could have done otherwise.

Speaking from someone who almost went to Armani, I would *strongly* caution against it. You really don't want to be rolling dice in any way when you go about such a pivotal procedure. Find the threads/articles were FUE megasessions get lucidly dissected -- I'll try to drag them up quickly if I can find them and post them here for you.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Hi Again

Thanks for all your replies, very much appreciated as always. To answer your question B-Spot, yes the work would be done by Dr Armani himself. I understand everyone's points on here, hence my caution but was wondering what everyone's thoughts were on my point that if Dr Armani's mega sessions were not getting good results surely there would be someting from some unhappy patients on one of the forums but as I said I can find nothing, if he has been doing that many of these sessions I just can't figure out why there are no complaints. Also just to clarify aside from the guy I saw in person I was shown 15 other photos of patients who had received FUE from him and I have to admit all of the results looked very impressive. Also going back to anoother of B- Spots questions, the reason I looked at Armani initially was because I was very impressed by his results, I have seen many photos of HT patients from various doctors / clinics and although lots of them have achieved what they wanted and have got growth etc I just didn't see any which matched Armanis for how dense and natural and just plain great they looked, even going up against other docs like Feller(who I have to admit also look great). thanks again guys.

The results produced on his website are great and no doubt in my mind he can deliver this. However, is he going to do the surgery?? If not who's work are you going to see ?? The one in the picture or some other guy? Personally, I want the guy who's name is on the door to perform the surgery and I have heard his prices are quite high so are you getting what you pay for??

Ethics are a totally different subject, and you are 40, so that is a wash.FUE megasessions are rare and we don't have much feedback on here so do some more research. Just be sure to make an educated decision.

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Graff-

I think Armani has some awesome strip results and many patients that will attest to that. I believe he has only begun in the last year performing FUE mega-sessions, thus final results are just beginning to be seen. If I were you I would wait a bit longer and see some more patients in person that have had these large FUE sessions.

I have followed threads with people requesting to see results from their patient consultant Shane on other forums. He has not yet shown (albeit one) a comprehensive set of pictures, but states that a new website should be coming online soon which will showcase these results. The current website doesn't tell you what type of procedure they have had and most I believe are strip as I have seen the majority up on the site for a couple of years.

If you have waited this long for a HT, a little more patience and waiting would probably benefit you. And if we see the same great results that we did with strip from Armani, considering him for FUE would not be a bad option.

My initial HT thread:

done and done!! Check it out...

Graff,

If Dr Armani's mega sessions were not getting good results surely there would be someting from some unhappy patients on one of the forums but as I said I can find nothing

Don't be so sure about this.

Generally speaking I have found that some negative experiences are handled behind the scenes and never make their way to the forums.

Additionally, I have talked to a number of patients over the years regarding negative experiences they've had with various surgeons but for one reason or the other, they were not comfortable sharing their experiences and photos online.

This is why I believe it's important to look for compelling evidence of positive patient results.

Just some additional food for thought.

Best wishes,

Bill

I understand Graff-- and please note, my post is not an attempt to sway you from any decision you have made.

Only YOU know what you are looking for and what YOU will be happy with.

I would like to point out that 15 photos is not many--especially for mega-fue sessions, which are still currently being debated. Also, do not necessarily become overly concerned with patients who are in the "growing" stage.

I would feel the same way if Dr. Feller or Dr. Rose suddenly annouced they were doing 3-4K fue megasessions.

I know others mentioned ethics, but I believe that is irrelevant given your age and self-described loss.

Take Care,

Jason

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

I know others mentioned ethics, but I believe that is irrelevant given your age and self-described loss.

B Spot,

I have to disagree with this statement. Whether we are talking about Dr. Armani or another physician, ethics are ethics. Ethics simply means that a physician is working in the patients best interest! Either a physician has them or they do not.

In my opinion, either ethics either matter or they don't. Personally, I could not go to a physian that doesn't always work in the patients best interest.

Do you disagree?

Bill

I understand why you will disagree with me, but in this instance the patient is 40 and given his level of loss and available donor(per him and Dr. Armani) he is a good candidate.

In this instance Dr. Armani would be acting in the patients best interests.

Ethics absolutely matter, but because this industry is unregulated and hair transplantation is still elective surgery-- some docs place a higher priority on patient wants over patient needs.

I am not condoning certain practices, but when the question is "I am a 40 year old male with frontal loss only and I am getting 3-4K of grafts wit Dr. Armani himself, what do you guys think?"

I think judging by the past work he will look great. Of course that is based on strip results.

That is why I stated ethics were irrelevant in this instance.

Take Care,

Jason

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Re: ethics.

I personally find Armani's ethics to be still important, even for Graff's case, though the landscape has changed.

In the past, with strip, it was an "ethical" question centering around being too aggressive w/ younger patients -- which would be irrelevent, e.g., for Graff. Results themselves really were not truly in question, and if someone wanted to roll the dice on future loss while receiving 100% great results in line for their procedure...fine.

Now, however, with FUE, I think the primary "ethical" questions surround fraudulent claims regarding the efficacy of FUE -- yield, donor supply, graft estimates, which trouble me much more than just being overly aggressive...combine this with specious marketing -- highlighting strip results under an apparent guise of FUE -- and I think the FUE procedures that Armani is doing wade in very murky water.

If Armani has somehow surrepticiously revolutioned FUE all by himself, resolving fundamental problems with FUE megasessions I would be among the first in line....I have seen a lack of clear evidence, however, be it in the form of tangible results or logical argumentation.

I hope my suspicions are incorrect, and in the coming months Armani *finally* produces a host of credible documentation...though, I won't be holding my breath this time.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Jason,

I understand what you are saying, but I still disagree.

In my opinion, dense packing 3000-4000 grafts in a young patient's hairline is a SYMPTOM of a lack of ethics, not the PROBLEM of ethics in itself.

If a physician lacks ethical standards, there will be more than one symptom that conveys the lack of ethics. So if MY situation didn't apply to the above symptom, the PROBLEM of ethics may surface in another SYMPTOM. Know what I mean?

In my opinion, Dr. Armani's advertising FUE as a "non-surgical procedure" is another example of an ethical symptom. Giving extreme graft over-estimates to patients via FUE is yet another one. Three examples of this can be found here, here and here. Then there is the question of the average patient's safe donor supply being at 15,000. Mathematically, it doesn't make sense. Taking 15,000 grafts from a donor area FUE will most likely leaving the average patient looking like swiss cheese. Another ethical symptom?

Ethics are the central core of what makes a person. If there is an ethical problem, one can be sure that the symptoms will manifest themselves differently depending on the situation.

Specifically in Graff's case, I agree that 3000-4000 grafts in a 40 year old patient's frontal area sounds fine to me. But if ethics is a problem and not a symptom, could it not manifest itself in other ways?

Thanatopsis brings up an important point about the potential problems with FUE megasessions. It is currently questionable whether or not the HYPE is true or possible.

Good discussion.

Bill

For

My father had a full head of hair when he was 40, 10 years later he is about a norwood 4/5 so you never know how hair loss progresses. However I think that a megasession into the front will provide Graff a good result for the next 5-10 years.

If you are thinking of going with Armani, make absolutely sure as you will be out a large deposit should you reconsider. Dealing with those guys afterwards is more frustrating than losing your hair. Are you even sure that guy you saw in person received a transplant. Did you see some of his own personal "before "pictures? Was his hair loss beyond a level NW 2 or 3? I am currently trying to resolve my issues with Armani. Pm me if you would like to discuss further.

Good Luck

Ethics absolutely matter, but because this industry is unregulated and hair transplantation is still elective surgery-- some docs place a higher priority on patient wants over patient needs.

Good Post! But I do agree that Armani does pack to many grafts in the 20 something year olds.

There's a patient on HLH named tonsofhair that had an Armani megasession (3k grafts) and although he is only 5 months he is not satisfied right now. 5 months is way too early to judge an HT, but i would definitely find him and watch his case as well as others....the bottom line is, do you really want to be a guinea pig for $20k and upwards?

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

hairthere,

Thanks for bringing this up. I recently saw that post as well and will be following it with great interest.

Of course, as you stated, 5 months is indeed way too early to draw any kind of conclusion.

In my opinion however, he had plenty of hair in his before pictures and did not need 3000 grafts if any at all, especially at his seemingly young age.

You can find the Hair Loss Help thread here: http://www.hairlosshelp.com/forums/messageview.cfm?catid=5&threadid=75532

Feel free to comment.

Bill

Armani's big mistake in my opinion was when he decided to only do Fue. Ofcourse he likely is making more money but his strip procedures were world class and likely some of the best I have ever seen. I believe that he will suffer some major setbacks when the Fue procedures aren't living up to the claims.

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

I had 3 strips and i'd do it again. in my mind strip is the way to go for procedured over 1000 or so. Last point in mind would be I wouldn't chance a FUE megasession because as we know, the donor number is finite.if 20% doesnt take m it's lost

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!