WHO IS THE BEST SURGEON IN THE WORLD?

I dont think you are going to get a clear cut answer on this! Sorry! everyone has thier own opinions on this subject. There are propably 10 doc's that could be considered the best at what they do IMO, but to pin-point 1 of them as being the best, that would be pretty hard.

Originally posted by dakota3:

I dont think you are going to get a clear cut answer on this! Sorry! everyone has thier own opinions on this subject. There are propably 10 doc's that could be considered the best at what they do IMO, but to pin-point 1 of them as being the best, that would be pretty hard.

yes vincehair i just wanted to know if megasessions are successful or not?

bllorayne,

Without getting into the "Best Surgeon" question, there is plenty of evidence to suggest that megasessions are optimal for the appropriate candidates.

My advice is to look through countless photos posted by leading clinics and their patients and become familiar with the varying approaches and success rates and select a surgeon that impresses you the most. Be sure to consult with each physician you are considering as well.

Best wishes,

Bill

LOL....I guess if you REALLY wanted to get into it, and try to base it off of some kind of barometer, then you would have to research as Bill suggested and see just what clinic has THE MOST results you're seeking at the level you're judging them on.

It's hard to just post a question like this expecting unbiased answers. Unless you're looking to see just what clinic and doctor is mentioned the most. But again...that's not in my opinion the most accurate.

Good luck with that!

🙃

Dear bllorayne,

I agree with both Bill and Bobman. It is hard to get an unbiased opinion on a question like that. Definitely go through the doctor's portfolios and use your best judgment and what you think a mega-session should look like.

Have you already had a consult and have they suggested a mega-session? All I can say is good luck to you and happy hunting.

Reyes

Medical Assistant to Dr. Parsa Mohebi

"ALL COMMENTS ARE MY OWN AND FOR THE SOLE USE OF EDUCATION AND UNDERSTANDING UNLESS OTHERWISE STATED"

PGP,

Four patients in one day is a rarity as that would require each doctor to have only two small procedures scheduled. If there is a true megasession scheduled then all our surgical resources are concentrated on the one patient because it takes the entire staff to prepare so many grafts.

On a more serious note, to address the original poster, we are basically responsible for megasessions as they are currently defined. Everyone of the clinics now doing megasessions once said it couldn't be done. How do I know this? Because when we were doing what was considered to be a megasession three, four and even five years ago these clinics were the ones saying that the growth must be low or the scars must be horrendous. History has shown this to not be true.

If there is any doubt about this do a search on this and other forums over the past few years. There is plenty of documentation to back it up.

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Thats good to hear but I heard differently from what I always thought was a reliable source.

I guess he misunderstood them then .

That was a bold ass statement he made ,but he can back it up .

He basically saying hes the best and F the rest

My type of doctor .

It would be ALOT more helpful if he would post on other issue to help

Maybe he had too many martinis in him icon_wink.gif

H&W do a great job at documenting everyone and following up on that.

• 14 years later...
On 11/19/2008 at 6:23 PM, Dr. Victor Hasson said:

Bllorayne,

It is difficult to not come across as biased but my advice to you is to look at all the galleries of different clinics that you can find then give me a call.

I love it. After all this time, still so few doctors can match Dr Hasson. But I wonder how answers to this topic would be different now? Certainly a blast from the past.

19 minutes ago, Rafael Manelli said:

I love it. After all this time, still so few doctors can match Dr Hasson. But I wonder how answers to this topic would be different now? Certainly a blast from the past.

With FUE taking over FUT. Hasson cannot be considered to be the best. 
Now there are many doctors who are taking the game to next level by extracting way more from standard 6000-7000 graft donors without depleting it (zarev comes to mind). 
And many doctors now specialize in different type/stage of transplant : repair cases, hairline dense packing, afro hair , curly hair , straight hair, wavy hair , diffuse HT, crown HT , nw 6-7 HT etc 

There cannot be one Ht surgeon who does all the things best. best surgeon now depends on the case of patient.

1 minute ago, duckling said:

With FUE taking over FUT. Hasson cannot be considered to be the best. 
Now there are many doctors who are taking the game to next level by extracting way more from standard 6000-7000 graft donors without depleting it (zarev comes to mind). 
And many doctors now specialize in different type/stage of transplant : repair cases, hairline dense packing, afro hair , curly hair , straight hair, wavy hair , diffuse HT, crown HT , nw 6-7 HT etc 

There cannot be one Ht surgeon who does all the things best. best surgeon now depends on the case of patient.

Dr Hasson has actually done FUE for years now. 

I will agree with you that there’s no single best doctor, just the best doctor for a particular patient.

Dr Zarev is one of the most meticulous, perfectionistic surgeons in the industry. His cases are certainly the result of “min-maxing” the expanded donor zone in patients with well endowed donor. He takes a long time to analyse every square inch of the donor.

• Administrators

Why are all of these 15 year old threads being resurrected.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On 4/21/2023 at 6:53 PM, Melvin- Moderator said:

Why are all of these 15 year old threads being resurrected.

I find it interesting to look through old threads sometimes and see what has changed or if anything sticks out as relevant to the present day. It’s compelling to see how things compare. When this thread was created, Hasson and Wong were among the only doctors doing big megasessions. Now we have Eugenix, Dr Pitella, Zarev, Hattingen, Lorenzo… and more . One could say the industry has evolved a great deal.

And Dr Hasson’s comment made me laugh ;) 

• Face Palm 1

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Rafael Manelli said:

I find it interesting to look through old threads sometimes and see what has changed or if anything sticks out as relevant to the present day. It’s compelling to see how things compare. When this thread was created, Hasson and Wong were among the only doctors doing big megasessions. Now we have Eugenix, Dr Pitella, Zarev, Hattingen, Lorenzo… and more . One could say the industry has evolved a great deal.

And Dr Hasson’s comment made me laugh ;) 

Please stop bumping old threads.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

4 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Please stop bumping old threads.

Okay. I apologise. I thought a blast from the past would sometimes be appreciated, and I thought the topic was still relevant. I guess I’ve done it too often recently. 

May I ask how old is too old? I figured 4 or 5 months would be fine, or a year or two. Does it depend? Is asking for updates on results okay? Once again I am sorry for reviving this old topic and the one that was last updated in late November. I didn’t know it was a problem.

• Face Palm 1