Booked in with Dr Knudsen - would like to hear from other members

Hi group,

I'm booked in with Dr Knudsen in a month's time and would like to hear from anyone who has had surgery with him. I've searched the posts, but if anyone has any other information I would appreciate it.

My experience so far - I had an appointment with him and found him to be relaxed and friendly and informative. He feels my recession is well controlled by drugs and feels I am a good candidate for surgery. He showed me some pictures on his computer of other patients that looked quite good. There were many, many patient files so it seemed that he has indeed performed many thousands of transplants. He also offers to meet past patients, but I decided not to since I figured he would only introduce me to successes anyway. I confirmed with ISHRS that he was a past president, as stated on his website, and has also won the golden follicle award. This makes me believe he is fairly accomplished in his field. He also said he knows Pat Hennessey well, so perhaps Pat has some more information about him?

Cheers,

Matt

Hi group,

I'm booked in with Dr Knudsen in a month's time and would like to hear from anyone who has had surgery with him. I've searched the posts, but if anyone has any other information I would appreciate it.

My experience so far - I had an appointment with him and found him to be relaxed and friendly and informative. He feels my recession is well controlled by drugs and feels I am a good candidate for surgery. He showed me some pictures on his computer of other patients that looked quite good. There were many, many patient files so it seemed that he has indeed performed many thousands of transplants. He also offers to meet past patients, but I decided not to since I figured he would only introduce me to successes anyway. I confirmed with ISHRS that he was a past president, as stated on his website, and has also won the golden follicle award. This makes me believe he is fairly accomplished in his field. He also said he knows Pat Hennessey well, so perhaps Pat has some more information about him?

Cheers,

Matt

Matt,

I've actually been trying to get in touch with Dr. Knudsen in order to learn more about his clinic, but to date, I have not heard back from him. Neither Pat nor I know a lot about him since his work is seldom posted online.

But since we are looking for a quality surgeon to recommend in Australia, I'd certainly like to learn more about him. Perhaps if you speak to him, you can mention this and have him contact me at help@hairtransplantnetwork.com.

Best wishes,

Bill

I hear what you're saying, but in Australia $7 is fairly reasonable and cheaper than some. It certainly isn't more cost-effective to travel to the US or Europe. The pictures on his website aren't great and are not detailed enough to give a good impression, but there are a few posted on this site that look at least as good as some of the reputable doctors overseas. He also has many thousands of patient file photos that I saw for myself, and they looked very good and were much more detailed than his website.

I'll agree that, for some reason, a lot of clinics don't have great pics on their sites. Dr. Cooley's pics don't look good to me, as the "30 year old" looks about 70 because of the lighting, etc.

But when I had real people email me their before /afters....Wow.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

Matt,

I too have a strong interest in having an HT with Dr. Knudsen in the following months. I've yet to have my initial consultation with him but from what I've read and seen here from Rocky's posts and Jojojo1's and also elsewhere I'm quite intrigued.

I also contacted a guy who put his HT slideshow on youtube (do a search for 'knudsen trannsplant') who had surgery with Dr. Knudsen and he's more than happy with his overall experience so far.

I look forward with great interest in hearing more about your experience and in months to come I'll be keen to share mine with others here as well. icon_smile.gif

Joe.

Hi All,

Long time reader of the forums, first time posting.

Matt,

I had a consultation with Dr Knudsen in his Sydney office about a month ago. I felt very relaxed talking with him (although he did alot of talking and in doing so answered many of the questions that I had). From the limited number of doctors we have in Australia I think he may be one of the top doc's. I also used the ISHRS to conduct some of my research.

Being 23 he was concerned that about my age and recommended that I give Propecia a go before considering a HT. He explained the studies that had taken place, the successes and side affects while also reflecting on his own patients. I had been hesitant to use Propecia due to all the conflicting information out there and Rogaine had not provided me with the results I was after.

I am currently using Propecia and Rogaine together to see if that helps me. If I don't get the results I am after I will definitely go back for a second consult.

FYI. I also had a consultation with Dr Woods, however he basically told me he couldn't help me... He said due to my age it would be unwise to get a HT due to not knowing how my fallout would continue. He also said that I should be very wary about other Surgeons recommending HT... Which is why I decided to give the drugs a go.

• 8 years later...

Hi Matt-Sydney,

Just wondering how your experience was with dr Knudsen?

I am looking at doing a HT procedure and have booked a consultation with him.

Did you do FUT or FUE?

How many grafts?

And most importantly were you happy with results and would you recommend having a procedure with him??

Would really love to hear some feed back. Thanks

Hi Matt-Sydney,

Just wondering how your experience was with dr Knudsen?

I am looking at doing a HT procedure and have booked a consultation with him.

Did you do FUT or FUE?

How many grafts?

And most importantly were you happy with results and would you recommend having a procedure with him??

Would really love to hear some feed back. Thanks

You do realise that Matt posted that message 8 and a half years ago and hasn't been online since 2009? Don't think you will get a response....

In regards to Dr Knusden...

I haven't met him personally but heard some good things. I did however have a consultation with Dr Zhen Yu Xu at the Knudsen Clinic in Sydney in Septemeber.It went ok but there were vitually no results I could find which this doctor personally did himself.

Like others have told you you should definitely look aboard for better quality and more affordable work.

Hi Rickyrixon.

May I ask, did Dr Xu give any details on whether Dr Knudsen was performing less surgeries than he used to or if he's retiring soon or any relevant info? Or is Dr Xu in training when it comes to performing hair transplants? Would there be any choice between either of the two performing the surgery? Was just curious.

Thanks so much for your helpful info.

Joe,

Hi Joe,

I didn't discuss Dr Knudsen at all... I guess I should have...

I believe he manages 5 clinics and to the best of my knowledge I think he is based in Melbourne. You can obviously request to have surgery with Dr Knusden, but I would imagine it may cost more due to his level experience.

As I said Dr Xu seemed ok, but he seemed to severely under estimate the number of grafts I needed (compared to what all others have told me) and the price for his proposed 1,000 FUE grafts was around 7000-8000 AUD. He was also saying i could choose to have the surgery done with ARTAS which is a robotic hair transplant system. In the end I just didn't feel right about the whole thing if I'm honest. I will definitely be heading abroad when the day comes for my surgery

• 4 years later...
  • Administrators

This is a 13 year old thread, definitely no one in this thread. Pm @NDAustralia he recently had surgery there. But no need to bump old threads. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.