4700 Grafts with Dr. Hasson - 4 and a half month update

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't wait to see your pics. Honestly with the mop you already had I can't imagine 4700 grafts fitting in there.............can't wait to see the pics ;-)

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

Originally posted by Mikeb921:

I have done a ton of research but I would still like to hear what you guys think about potential risks. They are telling me that I am a perfect canidate for what they do. A lot is going to be in my hairline. This picture doesnt show it but I do need some help there! Do you think there will be a lot of shock loss. And do you think they will be able to thicken things up or am I just wasting money?

There was a patient of Dr Hasson a year ago who had diffuse thinnign in the crown and Hasson placed ~2000-2500 in the crown.

The after results was nearly imperceptible. The problem when there is alot of native hair is that it is difficult to plant within the hair without damaging existing hair. Hair that does not return is thought to be "weak" bu you are left with replacing some hairs and losing others -- so the final result may not be what you are hoping for.

It really comes down to your expectations. HTs do not restore native density and you do not look that thin to me.

Good luck, but make sure your exectations are in line.

TheEmperor,

I believe I know which case you are referring to and if so, there is a lot more to that case and I can only recall some.

If I recall, it didn't appear to have anything to do with damaging existing hair. From my recollection, the patient had thin fine hair and even though he lost additional native hair in the crown, still had an overall slightly improved appearance. I remember him being unhappy about it, but I believe the risks were all discussed beforehand so the "result" shouldn't have been a surprise. Perhaps Joe can address this better.

I agree however, that expectations play a vital role in the "success" of the hair transplant from a patient point of view.

Bill

I felt like that was a lot to put into a area that had so much hair there as well, but Dr Hasson assured me that my hair was healthy and that I would have little to no permanent loss. So my expectation is a very thick head of healthy hair. I know it wont get as thick as my sides are but I still want it thick!

Mikeb921, I too am surprised about the 4700 grafts, and like Bill said continue the Propecia. After 10 months on Propecia/Proscar and for a month or so now I've stopped shedding hair--finally and hope it's not a no-shedding cycle my hair is going through but it is the effects of Proscar! I'm going to watch it closely but at the moment I think it's working. Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...

4700 grafts is a lot for any patient in one session but with Mike we did not just fill in the areas of thinning. Mike had his hairline lowered as well and in order to lower a hairline on a patient like Mike we need to dense pack into the frontal areas that were completely devoid of hair.

With the volume of hair he will have in the thinning areas once all grown out he can ill afford to have a wispy transition zone in his new hairline. The final result should be complete once grown and in Mike's case, that should be exactly what he gets.

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Wow - I can't wait wait to see how this ends up looking once it is fully grown out! It looks like impeccable work (as always).

Happy growing!!

1662 with Dr. Ron Shapiro - Spring 2006

1105 with Dr. Ron Shapiro - Fall 2009

M&M Weblog

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Mike,

You look just like I would expect. Most of the transplanted hair has shed and your native hair in the front looks a little weak and unkempt. This is very typical at this early stage.

The wait is the hardest part, but you are on the road to a nice head of hair!

Keep us posted.

Bill

• 1 month later...

Okay everyone here is my two month update I hope the pictures are clear enough to see. I hope anyone considering a hair transplant really thinks about going to see Dr Hasson and his staff they are a great team of people to work with!