Official Revita Review

Hi

Based on all of the questions and inquires surrounding shampoos, Bill suggested I write a review of Revita. Please see below for a detailed description of the shampoo by DH labs

It can also be viewed at the folling blog

http://www.regrowhair.com/non-surgical-hair-loss-treatm...eview-for-hair-loss/

Millions, maybe billions of dollars are spend every year on hair loss products for male pattern baldness. These hair loss treatments may consist of pills, sprays, rinses, etc and of course shampoos. Unfortunately, most of these hair loss treatments have little to no scientific evidence that they provide any benefit for hair loss sufferers whatsoever. Nonetheless, finding the right shampoo regardless of your balding condition is an important cosmetic decision everyone has to make. This in turn can impact your appearance & the overall manageability of your hair.

In this discussion, I will share my input and personal experience with Revita shampoo by DS Laboratories.

Before we start, let me first state that to date there are only 2 proven hair loss medications on the market: finasteride (marketed as Propecia) and minoxidil (marketed as Rogaine). Dudasteride (marketed as Avodart) also delivers promise though it has not yet been approved for male pattern hair loss. There have also been studies indicating that topical ketoconazole has anti DHT properties & some positive hair count effects. With this in mind, due to the legitimate nature of the ingredient and its popularity within the hair loss community, I have documented the scientific hair loss study on ketoconazole 1% at the bottom of this review. See the documented scientific hair loss study of ketoconazole 2%.

In my opinion, there is no shampoo that is going to "regrow hair" but as I have seen, there may some benefits cosmetically and marginally improving your overall hair loss condition. This is by no means a scientific experiment, rather my opinion based on research, personal use, and feedback by others. I am not paid or endorsed by anyone and this is solely for the benefit of the readers.

Revita shampoo is one of the newest hair loss shampoos on the market. It boasts a multitude of ingredients, many of which have claims to reduce or assist in stopping baldness and/or stimulating hair growth. Anyone could easily search for any of these ingredients and find hundreds of articles on each. All readers are encouraged to thoroughly research each of these ingredients but I must warn you, it would take days to review all of the "data" and "studies".

I started my journey on The DS Laboratories website (http://www.divineskin.com). Although they carry several products; I am reviewing their Revita shampoo product. Upon clicking on the product name, DS Laboratories delivers a very professional and scientific message. There are no huge claims or advertorials (like most shampoos for hair loss), but rather technical specs on the product as well as hair loss solutions & tips. Clicking on the Revita shampoo technical information link brings a detailed description of the "good stuff" or active ingredients in the product.

Revita shampoo's website reads:

"Revita?® - the most powerful shampoo product specially designed to maintain scalp vitality, acting on hair loss from prevention to later phases. Through the synergic interaction of very effective compounds, Revita brings you a highly effective product designed to maintain your scalp vitality and act on hair loss. By combining antioxidant effect, anti-DHT properties, powerful hydrating molecules, hair growth stimulants and structural amino acids, Revita?® brings you the most effective hair growth stimulating shampoo available."

The ingredients in Revita Shampoo are (Copper Peptides, Spin Traps, Ketoconazole (1%), Rooibos, MSM, Caffeine 4%, Carnitine Tartrate, Amino Acids, Emu Oil, and Biotin)

Even more surprising, Revita shampoo's website allows you to click individually on each ingredient and see the specific (claimed) benefit it offers in relation to hair loss. Any reported hair loss studies, such as the one for ketoconazole, can be found by clicking on each ingredient.

So how do you use Revita Shampoo? The directions suggest that the balding individual should shampoo with Revita at least 5 times a week (two applications per) for maximum benefit. In my opinion, I think one application would be ok but leaving it in for 3-5 minutes should be followed.

I purchased Revita shampoo for the first time online late 2007. It can be hard to find in stores. My expectations were very low as I knew that it was not a miracle hair loss cure. This is important for everyone to realize as it is not going to give you "Elvis hair". What I was looking for was a good shampoo with Ketoconazole (though the other ingredients seem to hold promise as well) which was more gentle than Nizoral shampoo on the scalp. In my opinion, Nizoral shampoo is a bit harsh on the scalp when used regularly.

When I first received Revita shampoo, I was immediately impressed with the packaging. It was very sleek and cool however, I'm sure it is covered in the price (around $30 or so). The smell is citrus and refreshing, and upon rubbing it into my wet hair, the lather was substantial. In fact, I must say it has a very nice foaming effect & only a little is needed compared to regular shampoos. It rinses very easily and leaves no residue whatsoever. After towel drying my hair I immediately noticed my hair was not dry or brittle in any way, shape, or form, rather it was full and very manageable considering no conditioner was used. After styling my hair, no doubt, my hair appeared thicker & was very soft to the touch. I was very impressed.

So what is the verdict?

Well, I must say, Revita is my new favorite shampoo. It's a good volumizer and is gentle on the hair and scalp at the same time. It does everything I want a shampoo to do in addition to all of the "active" ingredients fighting my hair loss (tongue in cheek). I don't even have to use conditioner although I do about twice a week as my hair is a bit on the dry side.

In conclusion, Revita may not provide the cure for hair loss, however, ketoconazole and some of the ingredients do look promising and when used as an adjunct hair loss treatment, it may prove to be some benefit to those suffering from hair loss. Be sure to spend some time researching this on your own in order to make a determination for yourself. But, if you are looking for a quality shampoo for hair thinning, in my opinion, this one is the best.

------------------------------------------------

Scientific Study for Ketoconazole 1%

"On March 04, 2001, at the American Academy of Dermatology Meeting in Washington DC, scientists presented the findings of a study done on 1% ketoconazole shampoo which has good news for hair loss sufferers. It has long been known that 2% prescription ketoconazole has beneficial effects on Androgenic Alopecia (male pattern baldness). It however has been unclear whether the same benefits can be obtained by using the non-prescription 1% version.

In the study presented, one hundred male volunteers with mild to moderate dandruff and somewhat oily scalp, were using, in a double-blind fashion, either a 1% ketoconazole shampoo or a 1% zinc pyrithione shampoo, 2-3 times a week for 6 months.

Analysis of the different parameters set up in the study shows that the hair diameter gradually increased with ketoconazole use (+8.46%) over a 6 month period, whereas the diameter showed a trend to decrease with zinc pyrithione use over the same period (-2.28%). The sebum excretion rate was reduced with ketoconazole (-6.54%) while it increased with zinc pyrithione (+8.2%) over the same period of time. The number of hair shed over a 24-hour period was reduced by 16.46% with ketoconazole and 6.02% with zinc pyrithione after 6 months. Finally, the percentage of hairs in the anagen phase increased by 6.4% during the study time.

The results are similar to a previous study done on 2% prescription strength ketoconazole where it was shown that use of 2% ketoconazole yielded a 7% average increase in hair shaft diameter similar to what was achieved by the control group using 2% Minoxidil and a non-medicated shampoo.

This research clearly indicates that using 1% or 2% ketoconazole 2-3 times per week, will have positive effects on hair growth as well as controlling dandruff."

"???

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Thanks for that info MrJobi

I had mentioned i was flirting with the idea of trying Revita...and i did.

I'm using it about a week and i agree...it's good stuff.

Even though expensive...a little goes a long way.

Great foaming...great feeling..great smelling shampoo.

If it helps me hold onto a few more hairs...another bonus !!

MH

Glad you are liking it !

I just ordered another bottle

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

I'll offer a reminder:

DON'T TAKE REVITA THROUGH AN AIRPORT!!!!

They will confiscate it!! I was NOT happy to see an almost full bottle that I just received get taken from me, apparently this shampoo is not only good its EXPLOSIVE! Must be why its only used in the shower.

Thanks for review. I tend to think the profit margin is quite high on this shampoo (too high, actually) but there is no denying that it leaves your hair feeling great.

Yes,

you cannot bring over 100ml in carry on . In addition you have to have it in a clear bag. You CAN pack it in your suticase though

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

They allow something like less than 8 ounce bottles. Revita does not come in smaller sizes so I'd recommend buying some air worthy bottles , or being smart and packing it in your suitcase like I should have.

Very surpised Revita hasnt made a conditioner??

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Ngtogobald,

I alternate between Revita,Nizoral and an aloe vera shampoo I found at a local health food store.

I must say though I tend to lean towards using Revita.

Sometimes I'll do a first wash with the cheaper Aloe Vera shampoo...then follow up with the Revita and leave it on for the couple of minutes they suggest.

MH

Nice to know ppl are giving positive reviews on this DS Laboratories Shampoo!

Can anyone tell me after use of this product

- if you have experienced reduction in hair shedding ?

- experienced initial hair shedding as stated on their website ? and how long did this last ?

- anyone experienced thicker, fuller, stronger hair ?

Your knowlegde would be much appreciated guys

thanks

No shedding for me

As far as cosmetically thicker hair, yes.. I cannot say any regrowth, retention , or anything in that regard.

I can only go by the studies but again, we kno shampoos can only do so much (marginal at best)

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Thanks for your reply - how long have you been using revita ? and what was the level of hair loss were you at ?

I was hopeful of this shampoo - but it left my hair really fine , when it is normally very thick ! Ive instead reverted to using nirozal 2-3 times a week .. ive never done this before so i may just do this as its benefits seems tobe well documented.

As far as shampoos go Revita works very nicely. Who know's whether it's preventing any hair loss or not. Guess it can't hurt any.

I must say that the bottle it comes in bears a striking resemblence to something that could contain an electric motor and batteries icon_biggrin.gif

This product has been around for a while now - so some body must have experience of this products 'claimed' benefits !?!?

I will not accept 'may haves' or 'wont hurt' excuses because basically - piss water may stop hair loss and wont hurt to use !!!

• 2 months later...

Mooju,

What answer are you expecting? I doubt anyone on this forum who is losing hair said to themselves, "For the benefit of others, Im gonna risk future loss to find out if this product works on its own".

Don't people get on the big 3 because they supplement each other and there is no way to know which works best for you?

• 2 weeks later...

I have been using Revita for more than 6 months now and I think it has helped decrease the amount of hair I see falling in the shower, I also do laser once a week and 1/4 Proscar per day. Either way it is a very nice shampoo, one of the best I have tried so far, I found the best deal on Amazon and I buy 4 at a time.

• 2 weeks later...

Mooju and friends.

Anyone that tells you shampoos grow hair is selling you snake oil.. However, the has been evidence documenting benefits of ketoconazole improving hair count and hair diameter. In addition, Revita has a host of other ingredients which have shown some mild anti DHT qualities.

If you go to the website there is a very good explantion about the product.. Regardless, this shampoo is very good and I honestly feel it makes my hair grow faster.. No doubt it looks thicker and feels great

I do not have evidence or any photos, etc. etc.

Try it and see for yourself..

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

• 4 weeks later...

Great review, thank you for it. Revita is awfully expensive, and while I haven't tried it, Loreal's Vive for Men is pretty darn good and much, much cheaper. I may try Revita once just to compare, but that's a sizeable investment.