thinking seriously about hasson & wong

whymewhy

Guys,

I have been on this site for less than a month but have done so much reading that I am considering visiting a hair transplant surgeon & taking the plunge! I have waited enough for propecia & rogaine to regrow my hair! 2 years on propecia & 4 years on rogaine to be exact. More than that I am tired of using concealers which eat up close to half an hour of time everyday in the morning!

I am 26 years old with diffuse thinning. I feel Hasson & Wong are the most consistent based on info presented on this site & would want to schedule a meet to see what they say.

I visited their site & found that consults can be scheduled in portland & seattle. It also states that I meet a hair loss consultant who would provide me info on what I can expect. Can anybody tell me who do I meet & if the meet is as good as talking to the doc?

Just wanted to know how H&W should be approached?

Guys,

I have been on this site for less than a month but have done so much reading that I am considering visiting a hair transplant surgeon & taking the plunge! I have waited enough for propecia & rogaine to regrow my hair! 2 years on propecia & 4 years on rogaine to be exact. More than that I am tired of using concealers which eat up close to half an hour of time everyday in the morning!

I am 26 years old with diffuse thinning. I feel Hasson & Wong are the most consistent based on info presented on this site & would want to schedule a meet to see what they say.

I visited their site & found that consults can be scheduled in portland & seattle. It also states that I meet a hair loss consultant who would provide me info on what I can expect. Can anybody tell me who do I meet & if the meet is as good as talking to the doc?

Just wanted to know how H&W should be approached?

Call up there to their main office and ask for Joe (Jotronic the poster on here). Get him some pics and then he'll set you up a phone consult with Wong or Hassan I'd imagine.

But, if you want an in-person I think there is someone in Seattle who can do it too. Obviously you'd think in most cases a doctor would be the 'expert', but you'd have to go see them.

And for my money, when you start talking about clinics in that league, I would trust a phone consult with the doc personally. Only because they are at least in the top 10 worldwide, as far as I can tell.

If you're going to someone not as well known, then yeah I'd go visit them.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

Reading the forum is great, but you should really try and see a few HTs in person too just to know exactly what to expect. if you're in new york there's a group of h&w and feller patients getting together on father's day. you can find out more by asking a poster named reverse the curse on hlh.com. good luck!

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Thanks dewayne & hairthere! I am in california..

I have been saving up for quite sometime & do feel that I have enough to go through the procedure. When I visit the doc I should be able to meet a few people who have gone through this.

whymewhy,

Thank you for your interest in Hasson & Wong. As mentioned above meeting patients in person is very important. If you like I can give you several names of our patients in the LA and San Diego areas that you can speak with and possibly meet. Email me at joe@hassonandwong.com if you are interested.

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I would love to chat with you before y ou get it done. Remember you cant take it back once it is done and you MAY spend the rest of your life worrying about who can tell rather than who is noticing.

Louie I really do feel bad that you have recieved a bad transplant in the past and would not want to wish that upon anybody. You are a new poster and I am not sure if you know what kind of resourses and education there is on the website now compared to when you probaly recieved your hair transplant. I think you need to research yourself on hair transplant today compared to the past. I try to understand why you seem to have only one opinion towards hair transplant but that is not the reality anymore.

I acknowlege that fact that there are more bad transplant doctors than good, if somebody researches properly they will find a world class doctor that will make a great improvement not only with hair but in most cases in self confindence.

Now I think you need to acknowlegde that there are good doctors out there that delivery what they promise and you will recieve a good cosmetic results after you are done. By not doing this I feel that you are being narrow minded and your opinion only based on your experience and not reality. So your recommodations can look selfish and not realistic. I do not mean to sound harsh I do not know how you feel since my hair transplant was the best decision that I made the only problem is that I should have done it sooner.

Is there anyway of improving your situation??? Have you consulted with a top notch doctor?? Regardless I hope your situation is fixable.

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

Lorenzo,

Like any good conversation there are always different views. I am not bitter nor do I believe I recieved a bad transplant. I do think however I was too young and a little emotional when makeing the decision to have it done. I would really advise anyone to wait until 30 or so to have it done because your life changes so much from your early twenties to thirties. The things that are important in your twenties such as getting laid and yoru buddies making fun of you. To your thirties when you have children and more important things in life. I do believe that if you are willing to spend $20k or more you can get an OK result but most doctors do not tell you that and at 23 all you hear is there is help and oh you can even finance it for me. Lets do it! I have seen pics of Hasson and Wong and it seems they are great doctors and do a good job. But I would recommend to anyone in their early twenties to crop it short and find happiness in the important things in life. I for one cut my hair with a #2 guard and most people dont notice the smiley face scar on the back but I know at some point my crown will go bald and I will be left with just the tranplanted hair so I will end up going with the Mach 3 look. I am trying to figure out ways to help the appearance of the donar scar. By the way I spent a lot of time on the bald truth website 7 or so years ago asking questions and talkign to people and still 8 yeas later I regret being so insecure!

I agree with some of what you are saying. I do believe in the majority of situations it is better to wait until you are in your late 20's or 30's, depending on the hairloss. But there are doctor out there that will perform surgery on a 20 year old NW2, doing this in my opinion is immoral and wrong.

Some people will not find happiness with or without hair, that is why it is important for a doctor to understand the patient. Dr. Hasson refused me when I first met him when I was 25 and a NW2. At the time I was not happy about it but years later I was thankful because the hairline that I wanted them is not the hairline I would be happy with today.

Have you checked all your opinions on the donor scar??? I understand that you may not trust doctors but scar can be reduced with a scar revision in most situations.

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

Here is a pic. I know for $30k I could get more work and probably look ok but not willing to spend that kind of money on vanity. Of course I have two young children and a hot 26 year old wife that doesnt care about hair. But I would like to find out what can be done to blend scar in to natural skin.

100_4458.JPG.0fbef17e792bc9fd24d537a901d21736.JPG

Louirah,

looks like you could use 3500 to 4000 to start off.Maybe more if your donar area allows. I think Joe once said that 4000 grafts comes out to about $16000. Thats damn reasonable considering you have boobs like Bosley and MHR charging $5.50-$6 a graft. And there is no comparison. H&W are top 3 in the world at HT's and like lorenzo said things are differant now a days if you do some research you'll find some great doc's who can help you.