10 month update. A work in progress.

Drew35

Here are my 10 month photos.

To achieve the density I desire I will need at least 3 surgeries.

10 months top:

9monthsfront.jpg

10 months left side:

10monthsleftside.jpg

10 months right side:

10monthsrightside.jpg

Here is where I started my ongoing journey from:

Beforephototopofhead.jpg

Beforephotoleftside.jpg

Beforephotofrontofhead.jpg

-

1st Transplant: 5,485 grafts with Dr Jerry Wong

2nd Transplant: 3,100 grafts with Dr Jerry Wong

3rd Transplant: 5,035 grafts with Dr Sanusi Umar

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Wong

Huge Improvement

I was wondering if you would consider Thicking up the front a bit more and wearing a hair System at the back..that way you could have a full head of hair appearance..no one would every no because you would be able to comb your hair back and also people would see your hair grow?

Originally posted by charlie_08:

Huge Improvement

I was wondering if you would consider Thicking up the front a bit more and wearing a hair System at the back..that way you could have a full head of hair appearance..no one would every no because you would be able to comb your hair back and also people would see your hair grow?

I have been thinking about this option.

Not sure yet.

-

How old are you? Why you won't be happy with hair that look thinning? After the next HT you will look thinning, but with a nice coverage. I would avoid the hairpiece, as if you are near forty you don't need a full head of hair. Thats just my opinion.

Looking great. Nothing short of amazing. You have shown great improvement from where you started. Obviously the choice of hair pieces and concealors are very personal, and I understand why people choose this path. I myself use concealors. However, I feel that once you embark upon this path, especially in your social life, it becomes very difficult to jump ship because it would create such an "overnight" visual change (for the worst). Obviously money and donor come into play when considering the HT route, or continuing the HT route in your case, it is not a straight forward decision either. But judging by the success of your first HT, I know which path I would choose.

Either way, you hairs looking pretty good right now!

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

Looking at your images again, with the continued improvement very obvious over the last few months. I would think that over the next 6 months your hair will continue to thicken and mature making the HT even more successful. Your thoughts?

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

Originally posted by Raphael84:

Looking at your images again, with the continued improvement very obvious over the last few months. I would think that over the next 6 months your hair will continue to thicken and mature making the HT even more successful. Your thoughts?

To be honest with you I'm not stressing out about it.

We will probably go for some kind of coverage in my second surgery and then finish it off in the third surgery.

-

I think your result looks good. It's what I would expect, given the large area that had to be covered.

You have a very mature and realistic understanding that this is a work in progress. The good news now is that, you can use concealers to give you the illusion of a very dense head of hair.

To be honest, HT1 is to establish your facial frame and coverage. HT2 is to add density and give a sprinkling of the crown, and HT 3 is to finish it off.

I feel you will need another 3000 grafts.

You look much better. Congratulations.

Propecia since July 2008

2201 Grafts with Dr Lorenzo on 19.10.22 - See my write up here:

Drew, you might try experimenting with a "less is more" hairstyle with Toppik. If you can still cut your side hair short (say 1/2-3/4"), you might also cut the top hair to 3/4". Put some toppik in there and finish off with some hair spray to hold the toppik and add texture.

This is not something I tried while waiting for #1 to grow out, but while waiting for #2 to grow, the hair from #1 is growing and is still less than an inch. Wouldnt have considered this styling option, but it is better than a combover in many ways.

Without toppik, it would be too see through, but putting toppik in takes less time than blow drying with gel, and it looks reasonably good.

The only problem I have now is the shock loss on the sides which makes short hair on the sides difficult. Hopefully shocked hair will grow back.

Just another styling option to consider.

I know on this forum not many people will probably agree with me. I think if you are THAT bald, hair transplants are not the right way to go. There simply is not enough donor hair to achieve a youthful look or style. I am 30 years old, with very severe hair loss, almost as bad as the original poster here, I been wearing hair systems for over 10 years. Not all hair systems look like rugs or fake/ugly. Believe me. You will get a very biased view on places like this. hair systems can look as good as real hair.

the only downside is the maintenance. But with time that becomes routine. I really recommend hair systems as an option for people with this kind of hair loss.

regards

Originally posted by Xeon005:

I know on this forum not many people will probably agree with me. I think if you are THAT bald, hair transplants are not the right way to go. There simply is not enough donor hair to achieve a youthful look or style. I am 30 years old, with very severe hair loss, almost as bad as the original poster here, I been wearing hair systems for over 10 years. Not all hair systems look like rugs or fake/ugly. Believe me. You will get a very biased view on places like this. hair systems can look as good as real hair.

the only downside is the maintenance. But with time that becomes routine. I really recommend hair systems as an option for people with this kind of hair loss.

regards

Xeon, I think you have a valid perspective, but it looks to me like Drew is well on his way to a spectacular transformation: his hair already looks good/natural without any product, and with another 3k+ grafts added in follow-up procedure(s), he'll have an impressively full head of hair.

Would you be willing to post a few high-res pictures of yourself, with and without the hair system? I'm really curious to see what sort of result you're able to achieve with it. Also, I'd be willing to make a friendly wager that Drew's hair, after his next procedure, will look better overall than anything that might be achieved by a hair system.

Honestly, I have no agenda or motive. I think I am a pretty unbiased person. I suffered from hair loss at an early age, and I looked into all of my options.

I can tell you are not familiar with hair systems to make that comment. Ill put it this way, I have seen so many better photos of hair system results than transplant surgery. And thats the honest truth. I hope no one gets offended or boots me off of here, I am here to see how the progress of transplanting is going. I def would love it if they found a way to expand the donor hair.

I dont want to post forums or pictures openly here not to disrespect the main agenda of the forum. But if you want to email me, Ill be glad to show you whatever pictures.

All I am saying. For those who are not too keen on surgery. Hair systems is a very viable option. They are super light now a days, and invisible.

Originally posted by Xeon005:

unless its ok, Are you allowed to post pictures of hair systems on this forum?

Good question: my guess is "no", but others can speak to this more authoritatively. In any case, feel free to send a pic or two to my email. Thanks.

(Oh, and I don't think anyone would be offended by your posts - they strike me as open and respectful, and that's the sort of vibe that fits in well on this forum.)

Xeon005,

Your perspective is one I happen to share, in that today's hair replacement systems are a true and viable option for balding men and women today - especially those with significant levels of balding. However, I believe Drew is well on his way to a very impressive transformation, especially with another procedure.

I'd like to keep this thread on topic and focused on Drew's progress and results. However, feel free to start a new topic if you'd like in an appropriate section of the forum on the pros and cons of both hair transplant surgery and hair replacement systems. Because let's face it - both come with their own set of advantages and limitations.

By the way, you are certainly welcome to share your hair system photos. However, you'll want to do that in the "Hair Systems" forum.

Best wishes,

Bill

p this thread on topic and focused on Drew's progress and results. However, feel free to start a new topic

Thank you. I guess this wasn't the right section to start talking about hair systems, I guess I mentioned it because his hair loss looked similar to mine.

Btw, Is anyone on here who is having success with body hair to scalp transplants? I know some places do it,

Good luck on your quest.. If the transplants work out, than thats great. dont have to worry about tapes, glues, buying new systems etc.

Originally posted by Bill - Managing Publisher:

Drew,

Your hair looks terrific, especially given the degree of baldness you had prior. I'm sure you're next procedure will enhance your already firm foundation.

Congratulations!

Bill

Thanks Bill!

Can you tell me how many grafts you got out of your 2nd, 3rd, and 4th surgeries?

-

Originally posted by splitting hairs:

I think your result looks good. It's what I would expect, given the large area that had to be covered.

You have a very mature and realistic understanding that this is a work in progress. The good news now is that, you can use concealers to give you the illusion of a very dense head of hair.

To be honest, HT1 is to establish your facial frame and coverage. HT2 is to add density and give a sprinkling of the crown, and HT 3 is to finish it off.

I feel you will need another 3000 grafts.

You look much better. Congratulations.

Thanks splitting hairs!

Thank god for concealers. icon_smile.gif

-

Originally posted by Petchski:

Very nice Drew, if you're having two more surgeries, this one got you off too a great start. Regards

Thanks Petchski.

-