Melvin's Interview with Dr.Sergio Vano Galvan from Spain ?

Posted (edited)

I am sure a lot of you guys here would have watched that video where Melvin Interviewed Dr.Sergio Vano Galvan from Spain and he asked what would be the alternative to, if someone cannot tolerate daily 1mg of Finasteride and Dr.Galvan said either 3 times a week of Dutasteride or even two consecutive days of Dutasteride has the same effect of 1MG of finasteride taken daily. This is a maintenance dose.

How many of you guys follow Dr.Vano’s advice and take 2 Dutasteride in a week on consecutive days ?

Here is the link to that Video - 

Edited by augustya

• augustya changed the title to Melvin's Interview with Dr.Sergio Vano Galvan from Spain ?

There are a lot of different protocols people swear by. However, if 5α blockers are to have an effect on hair loss they need to reduce the amount of DHT circulating in your body. If someone cannot tolerate Finasteride because it gives them side effects (actual side effects, not nocebo), I highly doubt they will tolerate Dutasteride. This is simply because if Dutasteride is to have an effect it needs to lover DHT - i.e., the actual culprit of why someone would get Finasteride side effects to begin with.

• Like 1

2500 FUE by Dr. Victor Hasson, June 2023

I had some of the best hair of my life using sergio's protocol.
2 Duta weekly (non consecutive), Duta intejxtions and oral minoxidil.
In august 2022 my hair were amazing.
In any case, in sept I had a very strong telone effluvium, got scared and raised the dose to 1 pill/day.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, duchaine said:

I had some of the best hair of my life using sergio's protocol.
2 Duta weekly (non consecutive), Duta intejxtions and oral minoxidil.
In august 2022 my hair were amazing.
In any case, in sept I had a very strong telone effluvium, got scared and raised the dose to 1 pill/day.

I used to take Dutasteride twice a week but those were gaps between two pills. After watching that video I am now taking it consecutively I guess he is making a point taking it consecutively two times has more lasting effect.

Edited by augustya

1 minute ago, augustya said:

I used to take Dutasteride twice a week but those were gaps between two pills. I guess he is making a point taking it consecutively two times has more lasting effect.

Duta has a long lasting effect. I don't think it makes a difference if you take 2 pills in 2 consecutive days or 1 pill every 3/4 days.

41 minutes ago, duchaine said:

Duta has a long lasting effect. I don't think it makes a difference if you take 2 pills in 2 consecutive days or 1 pill every 3/4 days.

Exactly even I thought so. But Dr.Sergio says and thinks otherwise.

2 minutes ago, augustya said:

Exactly even I thought so. But Dr.Sergio says and thinks otherwise.

Aestethic medicine is science + marketing.
Sometimes the docs need to say something new because they need to sell themself.
Maybe I'm wrong, but his timing sound non-sense.
If you spend 1 dollar/day, on the long run it doesn't matter if you get 5 dollars on day one and 5 dollars on day two or if get 5 dollars every 3 days.

16 minutes ago, duchaine said:

Aestethic medicine is science + marketing.
Sometimes the docs need to say something new because they need to sell themself.
Maybe I'm wrong, but his timing sound non-sense.
If you spend 1 dollar/day, on the long run it doesn't matter if you get 5 dollars on day one and 5 dollars on day two or if get 5 dollars every 3 days.

lol ! Would like to agree but this is  Medical Science vs a phenomena which does not have any impact on a Human Body !!

• Administrators

Dr. Galvans protocols are based on his own clinical trials which have been published. He found the best results were 0.5mg taken over 3 consecutive days. Now, you can adjust this based on what you can tolerate. But this protocol is based on what he observed clinically. It has nothing to do with marketing. 

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/337865413_Effectiveness_and_Safety_of_Oral_Dutasteride_for_Male_Androgenetic_Alopecia_in_Real_Clinical_Practice_A_Descriptive_Monocentric_Study

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

13 hours ago, Melvin- Admin said:

Dr. Galvans protocols are based on his own clinical trials which have been published. He found the best results were 0.5mg taken over 3 consecutive days. Now, you can adjust this based on what you can tolerate. But this protocol is based on what he observed clinically. It has nothing to do with marketing. 

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/337865413_Effectiveness_and_Safety_of_Oral_Dutasteride_for_Male_Androgenetic_Alopecia_in_Real_Clinical_Practice_A_Descriptive_Monocentric_Study

So Melvin If I'm taking 2 Pills in a week as he said, Does it matter if I take it on consecutive days versus have a gap of days between the two pills ?

• Administrators
5 hours ago, augustya said:

So Melvin If I'm taking 2 Pills in a week as he said, Does it matter if I take it on consecutive days versus have a gap of days between the two pills ?

I don’t think so, but his exact protocol is consecutive days.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

19 hours ago, Melvin- Admin said:

"Male patients with androgenetic alopecia that had received OD for at least 12 months were included." 

Terrible study design. Make it make sense. 

• Administrators
1 minute ago, GoliGoliGoli said:

"Male patients with androgenetic alopecia that had received OD for at least 12 months were included." 

Terrible study design. Make it make sense. 

This is one study I quickly pulled up. It may not be the low-dose study. He has dozens of studies on pubmed i’ll ask him to send me the link. End of the day, im only relaying what he’s saying he’s observing clinically. Im no doctor or researcher, so you can form your own observations, and by no means do you have to follow what he says. 

View my thread

1 hour ago, Melvin- Admin said:

This is one study I quickly pulled up. It may not be the low-dose study. He has dozens of studies on pubmed i’ll ask him to send me the link. End of the day, im only relaying what he’s saying he’s observing clinically. Im no doctor or researcher, so you can form your own observations, and by no means do you have to follow what he says. 

Well, the issue is people often cite his LDOM and LDOD studies as proof that LDOM and LDOD are both safe. However as Kevin Mann has pointed out, in both of Vano's studies that I've seen onm the topic there is this line about only including people in the study who had already been on these drug for considerable amounts of time. So in the study mentioned above, it appears that only men who had already been on LDOD for 12 months already were included in the study, thereby excluding anyone who got sides earlier than that and making the "safety" aspect of the study totally useless. 

Maybe I'm not understanding his wording. I'm perfectly happy to be wrong. Would love to hear him explain why they chose to only include men who had already been on the drug for 1 year.