Need clinic’s recommendations

Hello, im planning to do my hair transplant for the first time in turkey.

i dont have issue with money, i just want good results.

i know my donor area aint the best one, but Ive beard and so much hair on my chest and back (if that helps somehow)

its been time looking for good options but i can’t decide…

my father wants to do it too, my baldness comes from his side and a lot of stress and bad routine…

his donor area looks good, can he help me with follicles if needed?

thank you

93456b2c-3a67-454b-9057-a591216cbd03.jpeg

08520986-0974-4507-8819-cadafef111f4.jpeg

1d953313-bff6-4f2c-883a-73d840f1c1c4.jpeg

57f49c07-b187-47dd-9024-4ebc7a2b2d39.jpeg

I dont know, all you hear is about turkey, is there any better option? I live in Spain, i said money isn’t the issue but here is a lot more expensive.

Posted (edited)

Money is not the problem within rates in turkey because i hear people are getting it done in less then 2k i meant to say if its 3-4k it’s okay, not that im millionaire but i want something good for long term as ive lost in such an early age 21 (now im turning 26)

• Valued Contributor
2 hours ago, aforali98 said:

I dont know, all you hear is about turkey, is there any better option? I live in Spain, i said money isn’t the issue but here is a lot more expensive.

99% of the Turkish market is absolutely terrible. 

What is your maximum budget? This will help us figure out where and what is realistic for you. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, aforali98 said:

volevo dire che se sono 3-4k va bene,

In reality, with 3/4K available and your degree of baldness you don't have much chance of finding a good surgeon, you have to play Russian roulette in Turkey.

2 hours ago, Berba11 said:

Then why would you limit yourself to Turkey?

18 minutes ago, Berba11 said:

99% of the Turkish market is absolutely terrible. 

What is your maximum budget? This will help us figure out where and what is realistic for you. 

I dont know, it could be 3-5k or even more if its really necessary to get more permanent good results. 

2 minutes ago, ITA said:

In reality, with 3/4K available and your degree of baldness you don't have much chance of finding a good surgeon, you have to play Russian roulette in Turkey.

What is your view on how much budget i really need and where should i look with that budget? I dont have any idea of necessary budget, but i could do more without any issue if its necessary 

• Valued Contributor
5 minutes ago, aforali98 said:

I dont know, it could be 3-5k or even more if its really necessary to get more permanent good results. 

You’re likely going to need at something close to 5,000 grafts - and even that would require a bit of compromise in terms of coverage/density. You might get away with fewer grafts, but again it really depends on how much coverage you want to achieve in a single surgery. 

So even if you went with a good lower cost option like HDC in Cyprus at €2.2 per graft, you’re looking at around €11K plus travel costs for 5,000 grafts. 

You have good lower cost options in Thailand and India to consider as well, but in your case I’d certainly be looking to budget upwards of €10K in order to keep the better options on the table. 

Posted (edited)

It's also worth saying that at 26 and such an advanced degree of loss, the first thing you should be considering is medication to stabilise your loss.

Then, it's a case of accepting this is probably at least 2 surgeries with most clinics.

After assessing your response to medication over 9-12 months, then start consulting with your preferred surgeons. In the meantime, i would start saving so that you can visit the best surgeon possible.

Edited by BackFromTheBrink

2 hours ago, aforali98 said:

Qual è la tua opinione riguardo al budget di cui ho realmente bisogno e dove dovrei cercare con quel budget? Non ho idea del budget necessario, ma potrei fare di più senza problemi, se necessario 

@Berba11has already answered you

• Moderators

You really should check out our list of recommended Drs

https://hairtransplantnetwork.com/best-hair-transplant-surgeons

You can't use grafts from someone else. It won't work. No Dr will do it.

You have a lot of hair loss, but from the back picture it looks like your donor is still thick. There's just not a lot of donor area to use.

You can use beard and chest grafts if you need them depending on their quality, but back hair or hair from anywhere else usually doesn't grow very well and isn't worth trying unless you were an extreme case with no other donor to use.

• Like 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

• Administrators

Are you on medication? You need to stabilize before surgery.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On 4/14/2024 at 7:52 PM, BackFromTheBrink said:

It's also worth saying that at 26 and such an advanced degree of loss, the first thing you should be considering is medication to stabilise your loss.

Then, it's a case of accepting this is probably at least 2 surgeries with most clinics.

After assessing your response to medication over 9-12 months, then start consulting with your preferred surgeons. In the meantime, i would start saving so that you can visit the best surgeon possible.

hello, ive had stress and my baldness comes from my dad ... that accelereted the process i gues...

im gonna take your advice, you have any idea about what medication should i take like vitamins or even pilexil capsules most of doctors recommend that here in spain.

i already took an appointment, but the process here is very slow just to meet your doctor and all...

23 hours ago, Melvin- Admin said:

Are you on medication? You need to stabilize before surgery.

i havent use any medication, should i get PRP as i have heard lot about, or any other mediation for that?

What are my best options if anyone could take some time to help, im already lost.

I know my donor area aint the best, if i need to take on medication to imporve it or get PRP done?

finasteride or minoxidil, if any of those, which one?

As i live in spain, doctors visits may take some time (i will still take the route)

just in case, what are the steps i can take right now to get going till that, take pills vitamin c or any of the options mentioned above?

thanks

• Administrators
3 hours ago, aforali98 said:

i havent use any medication, should i get PRP as i have heard lot about, or any other mediation for that?

You need to get on finasteride and minoxidil. You can use the topical version of both, but that's something you should do before considering surgery.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

1 hour ago, Melvin- Admin said:

You need to get on finasteride and minoxidil. You can use the topical version of both, but that's something you should do before considering surgery.

obviously my point is to do all the necessary work before the surgery to improve my situation before the surgery.

should i use both? arent there any side effects as ive heard alot of it...

what do you mean with topical version?

should i take vitamines too? do you recommend getting PRP ?

Everyone will have their own opinion. Mine is that vitamins shouldn't be needed if you have a balanced diet. 

Finasteride and minox are the only approved not surgical treatment for hair loss.

Topical simply means something that you apply to the scalp, rather than taking the medication in pill form (oral).

Both can cause side effects, but do not for most patients. Without a doctor to supervise i would take topical rather than oral minoxidil.

Finasteride should be easy to feel the side effects if you're going to get them, so i would take it orally.

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor

At 26 you need a surgeon who is well versed with Norwood 6/7 patients over the lifespan. That to me means Dr Pittella, Dr Zarev and Dr Sethi. If the cost is a problem then I would not risk having surgery so young. I would definitely suggest you try finasteride and minoxidil (I'm not a doctor) prior to surgery to try and stabilize your hair loss. Wishing you all the best!

• Valued Contributor
14 hours ago, aforali98 said:

What are my best options if anyone could take some time to help, im already lost.

I know my donor area aint the best, if i need to take on medication to imporve it or get PRP done?

finasteride or minoxidil, if any of those, which one?

As i live in spain, doctors visits may take some time (i will still take the route)

just in case, what are the steps i can take right now to get going till that, take pills vitamin c or any of the options mentioned above?

thanks

Forget PRP - won’t do anything. A multi vitamin won’t hurt you but it’s not going to save your hair either. 

Finasteride over minoxidil if you only want to take one medication, but both is always better in combination. You’ve got oral & topical options for each, with oral being more effective. The key is to see if you can tolerate the meds without any side effects and, if so, stick to them long term. 

The other thing if you haven’t already is to just buzz that hair off and rock it. It’ll look far better than the balding look, and you may like it enough to move on without having take medication and put yourself through more than one expensive surgery. It’s risk free, cheap and convenient (and universally looks good), so should be done first as part of the process. 

On 17/4/2024 at 9:37, Berba11 said:

Olvídese del PRP: no hará nada. Un multivitamínico no te hará daño pero tampoco salvará tu cabello. 

Finasterida en lugar de minoxidil si solo desea tomar un medicamento, pero ambos siempre son mejores en combinación. Tienes opciones orales y tópicas para cada uno, siendo la oral la más efectiva. La clave es ver si puede tolerar los medicamentos sin efectos secundarios y, de ser así, mantenerlos a largo plazo. 

La otra cosa, si aún no lo has hecho, es simplemente quitarte el pelo y balancearlo. Se verá mucho mejor que la apariencia calva y es posible que le guste lo suficiente como para seguir adelante sin tener que tomar medicamentos y someterse a más de una cirugía costosa. No conlleva riesgos, es barato y conveniente (y universalmente luce bien), por lo que debe hacerse primero como parte del proceso. 

i just buzzed my head 2 days ago.
What are the common side effects of these medicines to know if i can tolerate them or not?
While using these, should i have my hair buzzed or its more or less efective while having some hair on my head applying those?

Thanks in advance to everyone.