Need clinic’s recommendations

On 4/17/2024 at 8:26 AM, Gatsby said:

At 26 you need a surgeon who is well versed with Norwood 6/7 patients over the lifespan. That to me means Dr Pittella, Dr Zarev and Dr Sethi. If the cost is a problem then I would not risk having surgery so young. I would definitely suggest you try finasteride and minoxidil (I'm not a doctor) prior to surgery to try and stabilize your hair loss. Wishing you all the best!

i already filled the form of dr pittela, but haven  had any answer from zarev on instagram, or there is any other way to contact.

• Valued Contributor
1 hour ago, aforali98 said:

i just buzzed my head 2 days ago.
What are the common side effects of these medicines to know if i can tolerate them or not?
While using these, should i have my hair buzzed or its more or less efective while having some hair on my head applying those?

Thanks in advance to everyone.

Side effects aren’t common, but the ones to watch out for would be any kind of sexual side effect or general low mood with finasteride. 

It doesn’t really make a difference whether you keep your hair short or not as far as the medication goes. Buzzing your hair and keeping it that way for a while is really so you can get used to that look and routine. If you like it, great - you’ve saved yourself a lot of money and a lifetime of medication. 

1 minute ago, Berba11 said:

Side effects aren’t common, but the ones to watch out for would be any kind of sexual side effect or general low mood with finasteride. 

It doesn’t really make a difference whether you keep your hair short or not as far as the medication goes. Buzzing your hair and keeping it that way for a while is really so you can get used to that look and routine. If you like it, great - you’ve saved yourself a lot of money and a lifetime of medication. 

Man i really wouldn’t want to mess with anything related to my sexual life as im preparing my self to get married 🥲 and i wouldn’t know if its affecting it or not till i consume the marriage (im muslim and virgin), thats scares me the most…

the side effects are same even if you take the topical route?

man i really don’t want to get used to this look, i miss my hair and i wouldn’t want to look like this from so young age

• Valued Contributor
3 minutes ago, aforali98 said:

Man i really wouldn’t want to mess with anything related to my sexual life as im preparing my self to get married 🥲 and i wouldn’t know if its affecting it or not till i consume the marriage (im muslim and virgin), thats scares me the most…

the side effects are same even if you take the topical route?

man i really don’t want to get used to this look, i miss my hair and i wouldn’t want to look like this from so young age

You can always just put the finasteride on hold for now. 

As for buzz cut versus your current hairloss - a buzzcut will obviously look better than visibly balding, so if you’ve buzzed down two days ago you’re in a better place than you were there days ago just by cutting your hair differently. 

Once you’ve done whatever you need to do marriage-wise, you can then try the medical intervention. The other option is to not take medication at all and still get a HT, but you’ll likely be look at two or three transplants needed and you’ll really want to make sure you’re going to a top doctor who can plan for the long term with you. This won’t come cheap or quickly. 

1 minute ago, Berba11 said:

You can always just put the finasteride on hold for now. 

As for buzz cut versus your current hairloss - a buzzcut will obviously look better than visibly balding, so if you’ve buzzed down two days ago you’re in a better place than you were there days ago just by cutting your hair differently. 

Once you’ve done whatever you need to do marriage-wise, you can then try the medical intervention. The other option is to not take medication at all and still get a HT, but you’ll likely be look at two or three transplants needed and you’ll really want to make sure you’re going to a top doctor who can plan for the long term with you. This won’t come cheap or quickly. 

I just got my doctors appointment so lets see what they recommend, and ive sent the form to doctor pittela waiting for their response. I got pretty good beard (i think so) i got plenty of hair on my chest and back, so hoping for a positive answer from him.

you have any idea of how much this doctor usually charges? And it’s included all the interventions or just 1?

IMG_0187.jpeg

On 4/15/2024 at 6:57 PM, Melvin- Admin said:

Are you on medication? You need to stabilize before surgery.

Why would you recommend medication e.g. finast/minox before surgery?

• Administrators
1 hour ago, davdoff23 said:

Why would you recommend medication e.g. finast/minox before surgery?

Because if you get regrowth that will substantially lower your graft number and save you thousands of dollars.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

1 hour ago, Melvin- Admin said:

Because if you get regrowth that will substantially lower your graft number and save you thousands of dollars.

Thanks Melvin, however, does this imply that you are basically stuck with meds forever?

• Moderators

It’s a good idea to try meds because you’ll get a better idea of what you can get with a hair transplant. If the meds work and you get some growth without having side effects then you will need less grafts and you may be able to go a little more aggressive with density or where you create the hair line. If the meds aren’t working for you, or if you get side effects, or just decide you don’t want to stay on them long term then you’ll know you need to be more conservative with density and the hair line design. 

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

• Administrators
4 hours ago, davdoff23 said:

Thanks Melvin, however, does this imply that you are basically stuck with meds forever?

Until there’s a cure for hair loss, yes. You will need to continue to take meds to maintain your hair.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.