How many grafts approximately to fix the hairline? Aggressive hairloss.

Treatments: 

Finasteride 1mg (Propecia)-4+ years.

Topical Minoxidil-6+ years.

Topical Finasteride-5+ years.

Topical 17a-Estradiol-2 years.

Topical Cetirizine-2 years.

Very aggressive hairloss started from 17. Almost NW4! With a mix of DUPA and Retrograde. Minoxidil and Finasteride give me a miracle back in 2020, in my peak results, but since then, despite trying other treatments along the way, I have lost a lot of ground, especially at front. My hair loss is still on going. 

I was just wondering by experienced members here, how many grafts approximately I would need to fix the hairline adequately, if say I would proceed to transplantation.

31D62B64-1A67-44ED-980A-47598B85F0C4.jpeg

0D983D60-36A7-4990-A63A-C9C28DD30D6F.jpeg

34 minutes ago, Rawkerboi said:

At 23 years of age no ethical doctor will ever perform Hair Transplant.

Have you considered trying dutasteride?

Tried Dutasteride as well for about 3 months. Avodart 0.5mg. I didn’t drop Finasteride at that time and all the other treatments. I just added Dutasteride. I was taking Dut in the morning and Finasteride at night. My hair were getting worse on it. Miniaturization, hair diameter, etc. Then, I performed a DHT blood test in the same lab I had my previous result before adding Dutasteride, and my DHT increased! So, after the results I dropped Dutasteride.

I have tried RU58841 as well for 7 whole months, and even from 3 different vendors but no results! Not even a change to my hair quality. Tried Pyrilutamide too for 5 months, but nothing! Like pure water on my scalp.

Nothing works and nothing works like Finasteride and Minoxidil worked in my peak results….

This curse has affected a lot my life and especially my mental health! Literally, destroyed my life…I know it’s a big risk going for HT at that age, but I am so exhausted with my life…

Posted (edited)

The problem is that you are 23 years old with a diffuse thinning  and your midscalp is thinning too. So is not as easy as “fixing the hairline”. Have you talked with some surgeons yet? 

Edited by Ajamilo

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Ajamilo said:

The problem is that you are 23 years old with a diffuse thinning  and your midscalp is thinning too. So is not as easy as “fixing the hairline”. Have you talked with some surgeons yet? 

Yeah, of course I know it’s not an easy case, due to my aggressive AGA as I said…

No, not yet. I haven’t.

Edited by Constantinos00

At this point you owe it to yourself to get your scalp, especially your donor microscopically examined to see if your donor hair is suitable for transplantation.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, gillenator said:

At this point you owe it to yourself to get your scalp, especially your donor microscopically examined to see if your donor hair is suitable for transplantation.

Yes, measurements would be helpful… Although, I have some microscope pictures of my donor because I have bought a digital microscope to check my scalp. But of course no comparison from a properly clinic measurement examination..

Edited by Constantinos00

I don't know but maybe shave your head for a few years and see where you are at in another 2-3 years.  You continue to lose hair in your early 20's despite powerful medical therapy. 

If you decide to do the frontal hair band - please go w/a very artistic & experienced surgeon 'cause you'll probably continue to lose in the middle and the crown and then will need more surgeries as you get older.

Hello Costantinos00,

Regarding your concern, due to your young age, I believe it's preferable to initiate treatment with oral medications for a duration of 12 months initially to assess its efficacy. I would suggest transitioning to oral dutasteride at a dosage of 0.5 mg per day along with oral minoxidil at 2.5 mg per day. These medications not only help in preserving existing hair but may also reverse miniaturized hair follicles, potentially reducing the necessity for a significant number of grafts during a hair transplant procedure.

Additionally, I recommend investigating other potential factors such as anemia, thyroid disorders, iron deficiency, and vitamin D deficiency etc. Your dietary habits also play a crucial role; it's important to note that a ketogenic diet may not be favorable for hair health, thus maintaining a balanced and nutritious diet is essential for hair nourishment.

Regarding the surgical aspect, if you are determined to proceed with a hair transplant to restore the frontal hairline, I would estimate requiring approximately 1,500 to 2,000 grafts. It's advisable to maintain a conservative approach with the hairline, considering the possibility of needing additional transplants to address crown thinning in the future.

I hope this is helpful.

• Like 1

Dr. Wunny (Wipawan Vathananai)

Hair transplant surgeon & Dermatologist (ISHRS Fellowship 2022-2023)

BHI Clinic, Bangkok, Thailand (https://www.bhiclinic.com/en/)