Podcast with Dr. Ted Miln

• Administrators

Dr. Ted has been on my radar for a while. Ive been seeing some impressive work. But I wanted to get a better understanding of his process, philosophy and clinic. He does FUT, which in the UK is rare. 

Send me your questions and ill be sure to ask him.

With Dr. ted miln.png

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Is doing FUE before FUT would yield same number of grafts than FUT before FUE? Does it matter which procedure we do first? (besides money)

So for example

1. We are doing FUE from 50cm2 area and we reduce density of this area from 90 grafts/cm2 to 70 grafts/cm2. Then we take a strip from same area, so we take strip from 50cm2 area with 70 grafts/cm2. 

2. We are just doing strip from virgin 50cm2 area with 90 grafts/cm2

• Like 1

• Administrators
48 minutes ago, Marko7t4 said:

Is your podcast on Apple Melvin or just YouTube?  Just put Hair Restoration on my podcast app on IPhone and couldn’t find you. 

It’s on YouTube mostly because its video. I have a few on Spotify. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• Administrators

Good questions guys, keep me m coming 

View my thread

• Valued Contributor

1. As an emerging surgeon, I'd be interested to know what his thoughts are on the giga-session work we're seeing from the likes or Pittella and Zarev.

2. I'm noticing a lot more younger guys - 20, 21, 22 years old - passing through the forum somewhat desperate to get a HT. Be interesting to ask any of the surgeons you'll be speaking with on upcoming podcasts, including Dr Miln, what their/his position on this is. Do they feel the boom and accessibility of HT's (which naturally includes cheap options abroad) is starting to put younger guys at risk, who traditionally might not have been able to afford a HT or the stigma of getting one would have been enough of a deterrent until they were older? How are they handling enquiries from young guys?

3. Related I suppose to Q2, is Dr Miln doing repair work, and if so, of what nature? (hairline extractions, cover ups, donor/strip scar repairs etc).

• Administrators
6 hours ago, mr_peanutbutter said:

the mandatory „his view on verteporfin“ question please

did he ever rejected a patient with virgin scalp for fut strip surgery due to poor scalp laxity?

I talked to him about it, I'll wait to share his response when I release the podcast. 

1 hour ago, Berba11 said:

1. As an emerging surgeon, I'd be interested to know what his thoughts are on the giga-session work we're seeing from the likes or Pittella and Zarev.

2. I'm noticing a lot more younger guys - 20, 21, 22 years old - passing through the forum somewhat desperate to get a HT. Be interesting to ask any of the surgeons you'll be speaking with on upcoming podcasts, including Dr Miln, what their/his position on this is. Do they feel the boom and accessibility of HT's (which naturally includes cheap options abroad) is starting to put younger guys at risk, who traditionally might not have been able to afford a HT or the stigma of getting one would have been enough of a deterrent until they were older? How are they handling enquiries from young guys?

3. Related I suppose to Q2, is Dr Miln doing repair work, and if so, of what nature? (hairline extractions, cover ups, donor/strip scar repairs etc).

Luckily, I asked these three questions. His response regarding young guys was really interesting. I also discussed repairs, whether he fancies removing grafts, lasering them off, or camouflaging. 

• Like 1

View my thread

• Valued Contributor
2 minutes ago, Melvin- Admin said:

I talked to him about it, I'll wait to share his response when I release the podcast. 

Luckily, I asked these three questions. His response regarding young guys was really interesting. I also discussed repairs, whether he fancies removing grafts, lasering them off, or camouflaging. 

Nice! When will it be broadcast?

• Like 1

• Administrators
14 hours ago, Berba11 said:

Nice! When will it be broadcast?

Im gonna shoot for next week. He seems like a solid guy. It’s great to see new up and comers from the UK. 

• Like 1

View my thread

I nearly went with Ted, but didn’t due to the scepticism of this forum. At the time, he was very reasonably priced and extremely thorough in my online consultation. I’ve I’ve the surgeons I consulted with, I liked Ted the most, as a person. It’s good that he’s finally being accepted by this forum.  

On 3/19/2024 at 11:24 PM, Melvin- Admin said:

Dr. Ted has been on my radar for a while. Ive been seeing some impressive work. But I wanted to get a better understanding of his process, philosophy and clinic. He does FUT, which in the UK is rare. 

Send me your questions and ill be sure to ask him.

With Dr. ted miln.png

I would ask him about how he plans the medical treatment of his patients and what are his preferred options regarding medications

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Otis james said:

I nearly went with Ted, but didn’t due to the scepticism of this forum. At the time, he was very reasonably priced and extremely thorough in my online consultation. I’ve I’ve the surgeons I consulted with, I liked Ted the most, as a person. It’s good that he’s finally being accepted by this forum.  

We’re not officially recommending him yet. But I have been impressed and believe he has ethics and skill.

View my thread

Watching this one closely. Hopefully he can prove to be a good surgeon and a new recommend for UK patients as we are severely lacking in decent options. Dr Arshad was previously the new hope, but that seemed to fall off a cliff once the sub-par results starting coming in too often. 

• Administrators
3 hours ago, Marko7t4 said:

Watching this one closely. Hopefully he can prove to be a good surgeon and a new recommend for UK patients as we are severely lacking in decent options. Dr Arshad was previously the new hope, but that seemed to fall off a cliff once the sub-par results starting coming in too often. 

To be fair, it seems that his results as of late are good. But I agree, we need to do our due diligence when recommending a clinic/surgeon. For me, ethics plays a huge role. We’ve had issues with surgeons behaving unethically despite having poor results. That’s something that’s really unacceptable.

• Like 1

View my thread

• Moderators
On 3/20/2024 at 5:13 PM, Berba11 said:

This is an interesting question because I think some Drs are feeling more pressured to perform surgeries on younger men these days than in the past. If you turn then down then they go to a cheap place and get botched, so you almost want to say yes just to try to save them from something worse.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

• Valued Contributor
12 minutes ago, Al - Moderator said:

This is an interesting question because I think some Drs are feeling more pressured to perform surgeries on younger men these days than in the past. If you turn then down then they go to a cheap place and get botched, so you almost want to say yes just to try to save them from something worse.

Yes that's something I've considered, too. Better to have a surgery too young but in good hands with longer-term planning than to end up somewhere terrible just because that clinic were keen to pocket the money regardless of all the important considerations when dealing with a younger person.

• Administrators

I think Dr. Ted had a reasonable view. Hoping to have the podcast out next week.

View my thread

On 3/22/2024 at 8:42 PM, Berba11 said:

Yes that's something I've considered, too. Better to have a surgery too young but in good hands with longer-term planning than to end up somewhere terrible just because that clinic were keen to pocket the money regardless of all the important considerations when dealing with a younger person.

Yes I think you’re right. Too many fall victim to chain clinics looking to profit from them. Always best to start the journey with a good surgeon.

Will definitely be taking a look as he is my shortlist for  HT after a great informative consultation. It’s just the difficulty finding his results with people that have hair loss similar to me, and therefore what could be achieved with a 3500 mega session across the front middle and back.

On 3/21/2024 at 1:43 PM, Melvin- Admin said:

Im gonna shoot for next week. He seems like a solid guy. It’s great to see new up and comers from the UK. 

Hey Melvin, where do we listen to the podcasts? 

• Administrators
3 hours ago, Silent123 said:

Hey Melvin, where do we listen to the podcasts? 

They’re all on YouTube.

View my thread

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

• Like 1

View my thread