Donor 1 Month Shock Loss/Redness/Native Hair Colour

Posted (edited)

I’m a little over 1 month post surgery and seem to have bit of Shock Loss/Redness/Native Hair Colour change (in which the hairs have gone very light/almost grey haha) just above my ear on the left side where quite a few grafts were taken (See photos below in different lights)…

*I have a separate thread on here speaking about my 2nd procedure which was with Dr.Mwamba on the 1st February ‘24 (1600 grafts)*

The other side doesn’t look like this.

Does anyone have any idea how long this usually lasts for? (I was slightly worried that it was over harvesting but considering it was with Dr.Mwamba, I highly doubt it) 

IMG_9401.thumb.jpeg.c7837a587cf4287783ff9e2bc5368bcb.jpegIMG_9377.thumb.jpeg.882c3a4d6e8e1addf8a30bc699643b23.jpeg

IMG_9329.thumb.jpeg.5845416e24450a847690e3c2d51dca0c.jpeg

Edited by Lewis Horsley

• Valued Contributor

At four weeks post op it’s really a waiting game. I’m not referring to hair growth but scalp recovery. It’s only opinion but I believe it takes a full twelve months for the scalp to fully recover from the trauma of surgery. That’s not to say it will take this long it’s just that everything after a surgery involves patience unfortunately. 🙏

I wouldn't worry about it.  I had a lot of shockloss and it took a good 4 months to recover.  Your donor looks a lot better than mine did.  Just have to be patient and trust the process. 

I dont see something strange with how your donor looks or heavy schockloss. This is probably colour demarcation of the skin due to anesthetic and it will recover in couple of weeks.

3 hours ago, jjalay said:

I dont see something strange with how your donor looks or heavy schockloss. This is probably colour demarcation of the skin due to anesthetic and it will recover in couple of weeks.

Same here, see nothing unusual...

• 2 weeks later...