Is a tiny little bald spot normal or is this a sign of hair loss?

Hello,

I have been on Finasteride/Minoxidil for almost 6 months now. I’ve had some minor shedding in the last month or so but my hair overall has gotten thicker so I think it’s working albeit maybe slower than others.

i recently took a picture of the back of my head freshly out of the shower and noticed a small bald spot that I normally don’t see. This could be because my hair is longer and I don’t pay attention much but I was wondering if this was an early sign of crown loss. I added a couple other photos to show what my hair looks like normally. 

IMG_1749.jpeg

IMG_1750.jpeg

IMG_1732.jpeg

IMG_1729.jpeg

3 hours ago, HopefullyNotBald said:

Hello,

I have been on Finasteride/Minoxidil for almost 6 months now. I’ve had some minor shedding in the last month or so but my hair overall has gotten thicker so I think it’s working albeit maybe slower than others.

i recently took a picture of the back of my head freshly out of the shower and noticed a small bald spot that I normally don’t see. This could be because my hair is longer and I don’t pay attention much but I was wondering if this was an early sign of crown loss. I added a couple other photos to show what my hair looks like normally. 

IMG_1749.jpeg

IMG_1750.jpeg

IMG_1732.jpeg

IMG_1729.jpeg

Nothing to worry about, looks absolutely perfect.

• Like 1

• Moderators

It's a crown whorl. All the hair grows away from each other in a circular direction at that spot, so you are able to see your scalp in the center of the circle.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.