Keeping Personal Insults Off Our Forum - Respect is Required

Originally posted by TheEmperor:

Alot of dirt being kicked up for no good reason, which may scare people away, especially once they have chosen. Dr. Wong has never been known to make any foolish choices and has shown many fantastic transformations of high norwoods, Jotronic included.

Going through with the operation is a huge emotional and financial investment and people need encouragement.

Once someone has put a deposit on (say) a new Mercedes, and is awaiting its delivery from the factory, you dont start posting links to consumer reports showing all the flaws with the model. You post encouragement for a decision well made.

There is a time and a place, and a proper manner. Kicking up dirt, and questioning one's choice (especially given it is Wong), really has no place. There are tactful ways to handle concerns like these without inciting riots in the forums. Perhaps real concerns can be aired privately without as much dramatic effect.

none is kicking up dirt thats all in your head. And noone created a riot...unless u think that to police opinions like the moderator of another site its the way to go. Its another thing what this thread was created about and you are taking it somewhere else.

real concerns for me dont have to go privately because this forum wouldnt need to exist and we could all PM each other...and maybe that way you could give your opinion to me privately so that we could avoided the so called drama that you describe...still you didnt icon_wink.gif

anyway you made your point and i totally disagree with it so wont take it into ccount

should we believe everything?

Now i just want to say because i geard about PGP that once i had a big fight with him and he honestly started creeping me out but i am smart enough to understand when someone offers a lot to this community. Even then... i wouldnt change PGP for 100 smooth talking posters. But thats just me and this place needs everyone to respect everybody and talk an a civil manner.

bingo!!... i wouldnt trade you either hopefullicon_wink.gif

*** RESULTS WILL 100%, without a DOUBT, VARY***

Originally posted by lost my swagger:
Exactly! If a friend of mine said he did his research and scheduled a surgery with one of the top-5 doctors in the industry, I would not post pictures of NW-7 and try to scare him with "what if" questions. I would not question the integrity of the doctor he chose.

i could not disagree with you more.........

there are people like myself who feel that ASKING QUESTIONS are the only way to get true answers... hopeful did not post this to scare drew he posted it because he felt its something drew REALLY needs to consider... and drew is better for it if you ask me...

with all due respect, i feel as though you see things backwards man...

hopeful wishes the best for drew i TRULY believe this and he said so himself.. infact he cares so much about a total stranger he takes time to inform him of risks that you dont seem to believe exist as long as he chooses a "top 5er"......

i know you may not want to hear this but patients have been BOTH hurt and helped by their decision to have a HT, EVEN THOSE CHOOSING THE BEST THE BUSINESS HAS TO OFFER.. their stories can be found on here aswell.. it may be a scary thing for some to accept but that does not change the FACT that it is real, and should be considered... with a decision such as this that is so very LIFE CHANGING one does not need encouragment my friend... they need ANSWERS.. REAL ANSWERS.... the encouragment comes after they have taken the leap

some people buy into the cherrypicked results

some have seen enough to know that they are exactly that.

some people help by trying to inform

some people help by saying 'good luck slugger'

personally if i came here to ACTUALLY LEARN i dont need ecouragement NEAR as much as i need facts...... even if those facts are scary.... im a big boy so i could handle it..infact, id be thankful

Well said LMS

Alot of us who visit this site sometimes really need to here the truth. Because at the end of it the clinic could advise all the solutions possible to get a HT but in some situations what if getting a HT just is not suitable.

It looks like people are confusing 2 different things in my opinion. The point is not to avoid the truth or facts. What would be gained by that? The point is to avoid personal insults and attacks. I consider myself a very honest person. Honesty is great. Personal attacks are not. There is no reason a person can not speak the truth without insulting or attacking other posters.

For example:

I have seen some patients of Dr. XYZ and they were not happy with their results. I looked at the pictures and many of his patients had poor responses.

Is different than,

I have spoken to a bunch of patients of Dr. XYZ and they were not happy with their results. You are a freaking idiot for even considering him and I hope you end up looking like the clown that you are.

This is the last I will say on this subject. I think Bill did a very good thing making this thread. The past is the past. This is not to punish somebody for the past. It is to make things better for the future. 99% of us came to the board for the same reason. Considering we share this hair problem we should be on the same side not at each others throats. icon_smile.gif

4374 grafts-7/2/2008-Dr Rahal

485 singles

2336 doubles

1526 triples

16 quads

9809 total hairs

Wantego is right.

I would never ask patient members of this community to withold the truth or their genuine opinions and concerns. All I'm asking is that members do it respectfully.

On another note, members should ALSO be prepared to have their opinions challenged and be realy to substantiate their claims. We've seen plenty of clinics and businesses make promises they can never keep.

The members of our community have done a great job challenging the marketing hype of clinics and businesses selling snake oil products. However, just as clinics and businesses are held accountable for their claims, so must patient members of our community.

Therefore, members should be prepared to have their opinions and claims challenged at all times. As the moderator, I may enforce that you substantiate your claim that may be considered harmful to someone else's reputation.

A difference of opinion is fine, but opinions with no supporting evidence (especially when it's harmful to someone else whether it be a clinic or a patient) may be removed and the above 3 strike rule may be followed.

Pesenting knowingly false information to present and defend your case simply because you don't want to admit your wrong is not acceptable in this community.

That's why it's listed in our terms of service:

"You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this software service to post any material which is of a commercial or promotional nature, knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law. You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or by this BB."

In summary, share your genuine experiences, opinions, and concerns - but do it respectfully and be prepared to substantiate your claims if asked.

Best wishes,

Bill

Pesenting knowingly false information to present and defend your case simply because you don't want to admit your wrong is not acceptable in this community.

I agree but who provided false information because they were wrong.

I dont remember hearing about that.

Unless you talking about in the future

• 4 weeks later...
Originally posted by irish-2008:

Must be the recession affecting everyones mood icon_biggrin.gif

A double meaning to that one, well played.

Hair loss patient and transplant veteran. Once a Norwood 3A.

Received 2,700 grafts with coalition doctor on 8/13/2010

Received 2,380 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 9/30/2011

Received 1,820 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 7/28/2016

• 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Sparky,

I appreciate your post and reminder to members to be respectful towards others. However, everyone appears to be on their best behavior and encouraging one another.

I haven't seen any disrespectful posts on this forum recently. Is there a particular topic or post you are concerned about?

Best wishes,

Bill

It isnt anything recent, or anything thats ongoing now, the threads that have annoyed/upset me in the past are to do with, The Hospital Group, and Neograft/Dr Bauman, we had so many shills coming on to defend these, some lesser informed HT candidates could of been convinced that they were good.

I personally had bad experiences with The Hospital Group. its very annoying when we discuss something, and we all seem to be in agreement with it, and then suddenly you get 7 new posters praising these places.

I dont want anyone to have to feel how i've felt about how I was treated.

Sparky,

I agree there was some unnecessary negativity on those threads. But thankfully, this is old news. Just remember that respect goes both ways. We can't always assume that just because someone is praising a clinic that they're a shill. However, I do understand and appreciate healthy skepticism.

All the Best,

Bill

• 1 year later...
Guest jacksoncris

HI,

The main reason of hair fall is stress, hormonal changes, high fever several illness, thyroid disorders, iron deficiency

• 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

I think he can ratchet up the intensity too much for the time and place and this should change, and I believe it will -- he'd be the first to admit it and if it had a negative effect on a patient's ability to be informed and make a decision he'd be the first to apologize.

• 1 year later...

I've seen doctors being maligned and disrespected on this site many times by malicious people who don't even know certain doctors . I've seen certain people constantly stalking doctors and trying to ruin their reputations. I think you need to moderate and investigate certain people before their hurtful posts are posted . See if these posters have malicious intent like being paid to support certain doctors and rag on others if people are going to make vicious statements they should come forward with their real names and concerns if they are genuine or have a real problem with a doctor. Why not call the doctor directly and say their piece. Anyone can make things up show us proof of what people are saying investigate. I'm sure some people are being paid to steer people towards their doctor and knock other doctors. This forum should be about the truth knot hear say from some paid person or out right crazy person . Moderate to help potential clients and protect good doctors . Stop letting garbage information get on the sites . Valid patients with valid results we can see and judge for ourselves . Not babble from people who just want to malign doctors they know nothing about . You can't give a review of a movie if you haven't watched the movie.