Dr. Pekiner and His Clinic Have Vanished – Anyone Else Concerned?

Hey everyone,

I'm reaching out to this knowledgeable community because something quite baffling has come up, and I genuinely need your insights. It's about Dr. Pekiner – it seems he and his entire operation have just vanished off the face of the Earth. His website is down, and there's absolutely no way to get in touch with his assistants. It all just doesn't add up

Maybe you've heard something through social media, or have some insider info? Anything at all would be helpful at this point.

Thanks in advance for sharing what you know – looking forward to piecing this puzzle together with you all!

Edited by Melvin- Admin
Removed link

• Valued Contributor

As far as I know, Dr Pekiner is notoriously difficult to get hold of. It wouldn't surprise in the slightest if the domain has simply expired through negligence and it's nothing more than that. It seems their admin upkeep is generally poor.

• Administrators

I believe this happens from time to time. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Valued Contributor

I don't understand why he is not fixing this issue ...it's like they are not even trying to address this. 

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

Being the best doctor doesn't excuse a lack of professionalism or transparency, particularly when credibility is based solely on forum reputations in this era of bots and online manipulation. It's essential to directly communicate and build trust. I've seen discussions on another forum suggesting his business might have closed quickly due to tax issues. Any verification on this matter would be highly appreciated.

10 minutes ago, Hundekund123 said:

Being the best doctor doesn't excuse a lack of professionalism or transparency, particularly when credibility is based solely on forum reputations in this era of bots and online manipulation. It's essential to directly communicate and build trust. I've seen discussions on another forum suggesting his business might have closed quickly due to tax issues. Any verification on this matter would be highly appreciated.

He is booked for atleast 1 year ahead, if you want to get in contact with him you will have to go through his rep.

That's the number for his assistant, Alex. I had reached out on whatsapp a few weeks ago and heard back the same day. That was then, so who knows, but worth a shot. 

Edited by Melvin- Admin
Removed number
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Sunset Dune said:

How could anyone trust a surgeon that goes off the radar like this? 

It is normal for him. I don’t get shocked if he suddenly come back with a new clinic and new website haha. But he is the best doctor in turkey. So you should trust his quality and results he produce 

• Like 1

Had a transplant from Dr. Pekiner last week. I can’t praise him and his staff enough. Great experience. He originally estimated 1800 graphs, but I ended up with only 1,611 grafts 

IMG_7751.jpeg

IMG_7741.jpeg

• Like 1

On 2/25/2024 at 4:42 PM, Ajamilo said:

It is normal for him. I don’t get shocked if he suddenly come back with a new clinic and new website haha. But he is the best doctor in turkey. So you should trust his quality and results he produce 

That’s really no excuse, as a patient it would make me very uncomfortable knowing I can’t get a hold of my surgeon and the clinic suddenly vanished. 

8 hours ago, Sunset Dune said:

That’s really no excuse, as a patient it would make me very uncomfortable knowing I can’t get a hold of my surgeon and the clinic suddenly vanished. 

I am sure that his patients have a contact with the rep Alex or someone within the clinic. 

To me, it seems highly unprofessional; unfortunately, the world doesn't operate like that. On the one hand, it is important to have a strong skill set, but it is similarly important to convey trust about your skill set. Most of his patients are from abroad, often traveling for the first time to Turkey. I would say it is a bold move, almost naive, to make a call based on the opinions in forums. Even if it works out in the end, I think it requires a certain naivety to go ahead with something having so few viable data points that this is actually a trustworthy option to pursue.

1 hour ago, Hundekund123 said:

To me, it seems highly unprofessional; unfortunately, the world doesn't operate like that. On the one hand, it is important to have a strong skill set, but it is similarly important to convey trust about your skill set. Most of his patients are from abroad, often traveling for the first time to Turkey. I would say it is a bold move, almost naive, to make a call based on the opinions in forums. Even if it works out in the end, I think it requires a certain naivety to go ahead with something having so few viable data points that this is actually a trustworthy option to pursue.

Pekiners work is one of the more well documented ones in Turkey. It spans years and readily available through not just this but several other forums. There’s far more independent cases out there than 80% of surgeons.

I’d much rather trust independent cases than then yarn some hair mills spin. That being said I agree the communication situation could be better. If for whatever reason there was an issue 1 , 2 or even 6 months down the line you need to be sure you have that line to your Dr.

11 hours ago, Hundekund123 said:

Have you asked any of his patients how the communication with the clinic is? The most important thing is that he is following up the clients and patients than randoms people who send the clinic  pics and try to get contact with them

meaby @Jallyn can answer that 

• 3 weeks later...