what kind of special device is dr.zarev using and why dont other surgeons try to copy him

4 hours ago, Fox243 said:

Why do you think he is extremely selective in his hand-picked patients? 1) He's shown several cases of NW7s with poor donors, 2) People that have visited that I've talked to have looked at many of Zarev's private cases, all of which are good. I think Zarev just treats each patient with so much care that 99% of outcomes are great while for a normal "top" clinic, it may be closer to 90%.

I’m pretty sure Zarev doesn’t perform a surgery every day. I think he probably only performs a surgery less than half the days of the month, right? They just stopped open consultations too.  

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, mr_peanutbutter said:

how are these patients selective?  of these patients would get rejected for not being a suitable candidate by many other clinics or get told to manage their expectations to a degree that half of their head would remain bald.

first people said, the results of zarev are fake

then they said, oh he only picks selected patients with thick coarse black bulgarian hair.

the truth is way simpler. he is just better then the other clinics at this points and i think that his device plays a big part in that. 

for the rest i agree with you though. hopefully him now able to charging 9 eur per graft  will motivate some other doctors to catch up.

https://www.instagram.com/p/C0E25hNqOPf/?hl=de&img_index=2

https://www.instagram.com/p/CzgSB_VK2M7/?hl=de&img_index=4

https://www.instagram.com/p/B0-3IjlHsUJ/?hl=de&img_index=4

https://www.instagram.com/p/BuHzHMsgj7q/?hl=de&img_index=4

I’m saying he’s highly selective as in he performs a low number of procedures in comparison to others. You can’t even get a consultation with him within the year, and I think he performs surgeries on less than half the days of a month probably. But not sure of the exact numbers so if anyone knows, do say. 

Edited by general-etwan
  • Like 1

If i read the below quote correctly, 2700 grafts extracted by another, actually quite respected surgeons limited the donor capacity from 14.000 to 9.000, so besides the 2.700 grafts extracted another 2.300 grafts became unusable. 

Quote:

- I used 2700 grafts previously by Dr Saifi & Dr Zarev said this is an issue with this part of the donor. 

- If possible it really is better for patients to not have previous surgeries as it limits the use of his technique in this important zone in the back of the head.

- Many surgeons using larger punches cause damage to the donor area.

- I have 3000 grafts left in this area with grafts that have average quality.

- If I did not have a previous surgery I would have had 14,000 grafts lefts so more than enough to cover my worse case scenario. My donor to me doesnt seem strong so this was very surprising.

-I have 9000 grafts left, 6000 from the sides of very good quality hairs, 3000 from the back of average quality but no retrogade alopecia.

2 hours ago, general-etwan said:

I’m saying he’s highly selective as in he performs a low number of procedures in comparison to others. You can’t even get a consultation with him within the year, and I think he performs surgeries on less than half the days of a month probably. But not sure of the exact numbers so if anyone knows, do say. 

Ah, you are correct there. I don’t really see that as a negative tbh as I don’t think it’s humanely possible to do what he does and not need a lot of rest time. My only gripe is that he’s not a fan of beard hair. 

• Like 1

Für mich sind die Schläge mit einem Trivellini-Mikromotor fast unsichtbar; das Sauggeräusch dort irritierte mich zunächst.

In Europa verwenden Lupanzula und Dr. Ayoub einen Trivellini-Mikromotor.

16 hours ago, mr_peanutbutter said:

he is quoting the website lol, as if zarev would need any form of advertisement at that point…

Makes way more sense lol 

2 hours ago, Fox243 said:

Ah, you are correct there. I don’t really see that as a negative tbh as I don’t think it’s humanely possible to do what he does and not need a lot of rest time. My only gripe is that he’s not a fan of beard hair. 

he does use bodyhair sometimes though

https://www.instagram.com/p/B0-3IjlHsUJ/?hl=de&img_index=7

5 hours ago, BlueSkyDay said:

I had a look at FUEgenix but could not determine what extraction and implantation techniques are used. Does Dr Munib use vacuum assisted FUE?

who are the European surgeons using vacuum assisted (apart from Zarev)

i think you still need to be careful though, neograft for example is not as good apparently and not the system zarev is using

Quote:

Suction was used in the neograft system to try and simplify the extraction process and combine the steps of punching and excising out the grafts. The graft would travel through a tube to be stored in a compartment. The problem is that the grafts desiccated and died. Suction has not proven to be the good historically with fue.

I’ve heard zarev uses his own device that I assume is an off the shelf unit with some add-ons. He’s seemed to figure something out that others haven’t.

but with all that being said, I’d choose skill of a surgeon over the tools any day.

Posted (edited)

This is a very interesting thread. Apologies for slightly derailing it to ask for a suggestion!

I consider both donor maintenance and strategic use of grafts/efficient coverage among the most crucial parameters in choosing a surgeon. Unfortunately, I do not have the means to go for a 9 eur/gr surgery with Zarev which I think would be the best option for preserving my  donor (I am a NW 3A-4 and my donor capacity has been estimated at around 8k grafts).

That being said, I still want to minimise trauma so I can still retain the maximum donor area capacity I can and possibly go with either Zarev or some other innovative surgeon in the future, who can extract more grafts than conventional surgeons. 

I am wondering if anyone has any views on the extractions/punches and subsequent trauma that Pekiner, Gur, Turan, and Freitas perform and cause, which are currently the options I am considering (I also have a schedule consultation with Couto for 2025 but this will take longer) and who among those you think may be the best option focusing just on extractions/trauma? Or, otherwise put, who among those is the best to minimise the grafts lost for someone like Zarev or future Zarev disciples to operate on me some years down the line?

Edited by Stoner

Posted (edited)
On 3/25/2024 at 8:51 PM, mr_peanutbutter said:

@mtb @anxious6 @HugoX

since you were patient, can you say more to the device dr.zarev was using?

I wish I could say more than what's already stated on Dr Zarevs webpage, but I wouldn't underestimate Dr Zarevs vacuum method as I believe it is an important tool to his method of work.

One thing I'm sure of is that no other hair transplant doctor would take me from zero to hero under 2 years time.

1617380757521.thumb.jpg.fd456cc5527d82fe2d5c2ddcdc368368.jpg

1617380615000.thumb.jpg.72ac528efe72920d96e6b95043b3eadc.jpg

20221017220907632.thumb.jpeg.a65524418ec69f077ea2aa9bfaee60a7.jpeg

20221017213755829.thumb.jpeg.337e418148ebec8b25cf844d6ab0c1e5.jpeg

20221017213435741.thumb.jpeg.90e4c2d78ed099f16ae70ada9a562a37.jpeg

20221017214104420.thumb.jpeg.bf9369536bf8c361d10daad3f7d45885.jpeg

Edited by HugoX
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...