Hello all. Looking for advice on trusting Dr. Yaman with this procedure. I am a 30 year old who has been losing hair since early 20s. Tried finasteride in the past but stopped due to noticeable side effects. I have been using topical minoxidil. My hair loss has seemed to slow down over the past year or two but who knows what the future holds. I did a consultation with Dr. Yaman’s team over WhatsApp and they recommended 6000 grafts over two days. On his end it will cost about $6500. I am about to book the procedure for May but am curious what your thoughts are. I have been researching this forum for weeks and I want to go with Yaman due to his recent work with higher norwoods. He also fits in my budget of less than $10,000 usd. While I know many are pleased with his work, I know a couple on here weren’t 100% satisfied. But I am realistic in knowing that we each have variables that can play a role and that hair transplants don’t always restore former glory, just the illusion of it. I will attach the photos I sent for consultation. I am open to many questions.Thank you all for your feedback. IMG_5045.thumb.jpeg.684b477601d117075dc035ca8d1dadf0.jpegIMG_5051.thumb.jpeg.49c68a59df2cc5bca16f0ca7adadafaf.jpegIMG_5053.thumb.jpeg.8fe46a4bb688ee835c142b2d1639c991.jpegIMG_5060.thumb.jpeg.5614e9050d48713ca894d2f380a948a2.jpegIMG_5064.thumb.jpeg.9aff05667a56f58ee9d2b901dccdc605.jpegIMG_5069.thumb.jpeg.750458b51b7e431335bb1d1264bb7123.jpegIMG_5062.thumb.jpeg.5625068ea859b7aa3f703eb39647e581.jpeg

IMG_5055.jpeg

I am booked with Dr,. Yaman April 29-30 on the same 6000 grafts as you and I basically have the same Norwood as you.  I chose him for the same reason as you.  He seems to have a lot of success on the higher graft counts and is willing to do a 2 day surgery.  I have read some of the "poor" reviews and honestly some of them don't seem legit.  They didn't give proof of a bad transplant.  The quality I have seen from him certainly outweighs the poor results.  I am certain that not every clinic has 100% satisfaction rate, however, I feel Dr. Yaman has to have a very high satisfaction rate based off the results ive seen on this forum.  I'm not worried one ounce about having him perform my transplant.

9 hours ago, Chrome Dome said:

I am booked with Dr,. Yaman April 29-30 on the same 6000 grafts as you and I basically have the same Norwood as you.  I chose him for the same reason as you.  He seems to have a lot of success on the higher graft counts and is willing to do a 2 day surgery.  I have read some of the "poor" reviews and honestly some of them don't seem legit.  They didn't give proof of a bad transplant.  The quality I have seen from him certainly outweighs the poor results.  I am certain that not every clinic has 100% satisfaction rate, however, I feel Dr. Yaman has to have a very high satisfaction rate based off the results ive seen on this forum.  I'm not worried one ounce about having him perform my transplant.

Joined 9 hours ago and you wrote this comment 9 hours ago. Interesting 🤔🤔🤔🤔

• Like 1
  • Face Palm 1

16 hours ago, Dome said:

Hello all. Looking for advice on trusting Dr. Yaman with this procedure. I am a 30 year old who has been losing hair since early 20s. Tried finasteride in the past but stopped due to noticeable side effects. I have been using topical minoxidil. My hair loss has seemed to slow down over the past year or two but who knows what the future holds. I did a consultation with Dr. Yaman’s team over WhatsApp and they recommended 6000 grafts over two days. On his end it will cost about $6500. I am about to book the procedure for May but am curious what your thoughts are. I have been researching this forum for weeks and I want to go with Yaman due to his recent work with higher norwoods. He also fits in my budget of less than $10,000 usd. While I know many are pleased with his work, I know a couple on here weren’t 100% satisfied. But I am realistic in knowing that we each have variables that can play a role and that hair transplants don’t always restore former glory, just the illusion of it. I will attach the photos I sent for consultation. I am open to many questions.Thank you all for your feedback. IMG_5045.thumb.jpeg.684b477601d117075dc035ca8d1dadf0.jpegIMG_5051.thumb.jpeg.49c68a59df2cc5bca16f0ca7adadafaf.jpegIMG_5053.thumb.jpeg.8fe46a4bb688ee835c142b2d1639c991.jpegIMG_5060.thumb.jpeg.5614e9050d48713ca894d2f380a948a2.jpegIMG_5064.thumb.jpeg.9aff05667a56f58ee9d2b901dccdc605.jpegIMG_5069.thumb.jpeg.750458b51b7e431335bb1d1264bb7123.jpegIMG_5062.thumb.jpeg.5625068ea859b7aa3f703eb39647e581.jpeg

IMG_5055.jpeg

You are a high Norwood so it is really important to use either FIN or DUT to slow down the hair loss or to stop it. Have you tried to use Fin in smaller dose and meaby 3 times a week so you don’t get the side effects? 
I will say also you don’t have a bad time. Do your research and save up your money. You will really regret if you try to do a surgery asap and thing doesn’t go as you wish. Try medication 12 months and reassess your Norwood.

also use your time to follow this thread and see the end result.  since he is in a almost similar situation as you. I am not a big fan of Yaman. His techs is bad and give bad results too often

Edited by Ajamilo
Spelling
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Dome said:

IMG_5055.jpeg

Dr Yaman has many great results on higher nowrood cases like yours and the majority of his results are succesful ones. Also he participates in all of his hair transplant by doing the meaurements of donor and recipient area, organising the plan of the hair transplant, drawing the hairline, doing the incisions in the recipient area, doing supervision of his hair transplants and his hairlines have natural angles.

You can have a look on these great results below from Dr yaman which are similar to yours..

Edited by Jupiter_
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Ajamilo said:

Joined 9 hours ago and you wrote this comment 9 hours ago. Interesting 🤔🤔🤔🤔

Why is that interesting?  I've used this forum for months to research the right clinic.  I joined yesterday so I could start to post my results as soon as I had the surgery.  I am from the US and have my ticket booked and appointment set with Dr. Yaman in late April.  I have ZERO connection with Dr. Yaman other than booking him to do my surgery.

Know what I find interesting? A person that bashes a Dr. continuously that from his past posts doesn't appear to have used this Dr.  It doesn't appear from your post he did either of your surgeries?  A simple search of Yaman's name on this forum shows some very good results in my opinion.  I would love to hear your personal experience with his techs and the bad results that they often give.

• Administrators
6 hours ago, Ajamilo said:

You are a high Norwood so it is really important to use either FIN or DUT to slow down the hair loss or to stop it. Have you tried to use Fin in smaller dose and meaby 3 times a week so you don’t get the side effects? 
I will say also you don’t have a bad time. Do your research and save up your money. You will really regret if you try to do a surgery asap and thing doesn’t go as you wish. Try medication 12 months and reassess your Norwood.

also use your time to follow this thread and see the end result.  since he is in a almost similar situation as you. I am not a big fan of Yaman. His techs is bad and give bad results too often

This surgery is from September, it’s not a finished result. 

4 hours ago, Jupiter_ said:

Dr Yaman has many great results on higher nowrood cases like yours and the majority of his results are succesful ones. Also he participates in all of his hair transplant by doing the meaurements of donor and recipient area, organising the plan of the hair transplant, drawing the hairline, doing the incisions in the recipient area, doing supervision of his hair transplants and his hairlines have natural angles.

You can have a look on these great results below from Dr yaman which are similar to yours..

There are some good cases to research. They’re all finished results.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Thank you all for your feedback. To broadly address some comments I will say I tried finasteride for approximately 2 years and on two different doses. I have been considering hair transplants for years but wanted to wait until my hair loss noticeably slowed down. I spent the last few weeks looking through every higher graft case I could find on this forum, and thank you all for sending cases. There are pros and cons to every HT surgeon and I understand that some results will vary depending on the techs, Dr. involvement, and genetic profile of the patient. There will be a gamble and I am just here looking to mitigate the risk. I am ready to have a HT knowing I may need touch ups or another in the future, and if it can improve my situation even a little I will be very happy. This isn’t something I would jump into as I have been contemplating for years and received a few consults in the US prior to finding this wonder forum. I am happy to give it a shot. I will do some final research and more than likely book with Yaman. At the very least, I will be another case for some ghost reader to review like I have been doing :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Melvin- Admin said:

This surgery is from September, it’s not a finished result. 

There are some good cases to research. They’re all finished results.

Yes that is true @Melvin- Admin. That is the reason  told him to use his time to follow that thread and see/wait for the end result. 

• Like 1

Ajamilo, Here's my proof since you clearly have the wrong impression.  I've attached receipts for your viewing pleasure. Now....I'd love some proof from you of your PERSONAL experience at Dr. Yaman (or any of the other clinics you routinely bash).  Looking forward to it.

To the OP, I apologize for the hijack to the thread.  As stated before, I am looking forward to watching your progress as you and I have similar hairlines:). I don't appreciate people bashing clinics and Dr's without personal proof.  Hear say and rumor help nobody when trying to make a very personal decision regarding getting a transplant or any medical procedure.  I wish you the best of luck in whomever you ultimately choose.

IMG_9270.jpg

IMG_9271.jpg

IMG_9269.PNG

IMG_9268.jpg

IMG_9277.jpg

IMG_9279.jpg

IMG_9278.jpg

IMG_9276.jpg

You have evident retrograde alopecia in the nape, you can see the hair splaying and thinner and crown can drop, so the safe zone is limited. Be good to see full side profiles also a it can extend around the ears. Be good for you to have a personal consultation in the clinic to get all measured and make sure it meets your goals and also keep in mind 30 is fairly young so hair loss will be progressive. All the best to all on this thread. 

I decided to book with Dr. Yaman in May. I do want to request a manual extraction vs his low speed micromotor to help preserve donor in case I need a future HT, if that is a request he takes. @Chrome Dome No need to apologize, I am excited for you. @laverita Definitely possible, only the Dr. when he gets hands on will be able to tell I believe. Small disclosure that pic was taken with oily bed hair and mine tends to clump together in that state. I do believe my head hair thickness is on the thinner side, but I usually wear a low fade or let it grow to at least an inch so this is the weird in-between. My sister who has been a hair stylist for 14 years says she has never noticed a difference on the sides, so fingers crossed that is the case. Maybe my thick beard can compensate. I'll find out soon enough!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Good luck with yours. I am in a very similar situation which I posted some pics. I will most likely go with Dr. Yaman but undecided between the 2 consecutive days or 9months + between sessions. I just don’t want my donor area to be over harvested 

And not sure why some bash clinics without supporting their claim. If it is a legitimate issue I would actually appreciate to see what happened