Thoughts on Dr. Yaman?

I know that Dr. Yaman in Turkey is one of the forum recommended surgeons and from looking he has many many good reviews and cases that include before and after pictures.

Lately however, I've been seeing more posts or replies in different threads recommending against him or advising not to go to him... Or on the flip side, if someone asks for recommendations on hair transplant surgeons in Turkey, I've noticed lately that some people will mention many other doctors but not say anything about Dr. Yaman.

Although he's still on the form recommended list, in all of your personal opinions, is Dr. Yaman still one of the top surgeons in Turkey or recommended surgeons to go to?

I'm wondering why I've seen more replies lately recommending against him, has the quality of his work gone down or something?

Edited by Patrick_Joyce

• Patrick_Joyce changed the title to Thoughts on Dr. Yaman?
  • Moderators

I believe he is still a very low cost option. I haven't checked his prices lately, but if that hasn't changed then he is a much better low cost choice than any of the hundreds of hair mills in Turkey, so if you are trying to get a HT done in Turkey cheaply without getting botched, Dr Yaman may be who you want.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

Just now, BeHappy said:

I believe he is still a very low cost option. I haven't checked his prices lately, but if that hasn't changed then he is a much better low cost choice than any of the hundreds of hair mills in Turkey, so if you are trying to get a HT done in Turkey cheaply without getting botched, Dr Yaman may be who you want.

So he's not a hair mill then? I mean I know he's on the list of recommended surgeons here but I have seen several not so good reviews or comments about him here. And comments indicating that he has minimal involvement and techs do most of the work.

1 hour ago, Patrick_Joyce said:

So he's not a hair mill then? I mean I know he's on the list of recommended surgeons here but I have seen several not so good reviews or comments about him here. And comments indicating that he has minimal involvement and techs do most of the work.

you can divide hairs mills into different categories on who is the least risk, but his clinic has the same characteristic features as a hair mill.

3-5 patients daily and technicians do the most of the work where he mostly only draw the hairline. 
his technician is most likely unskilled and a bunch of unprofessional butchers with no experience

Anyways it reminds me of Serkan aygin clinic. you have no control over which of them that is good or bad, so you play a Roulette game therefore it is best not to take a chance on him 
when you see his recent results on reddit. Go to a clinic where you have control over the team that produces good results and the doctor only focuses on you. then it is more likely that you will get a good result :)

also use the list as a guide and not a manual. The best doctor in Turkey is not in the recommended list, Dr. Pekiner. or the best doctors in the world like Dr.Cuto and Dr.Pinto

Edited by Ajamilo
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Patrick_Joyce said:

Dr yaman is a great doctor and s afe budget solution. Dr Yaman does a few patient per day 2-3 max and participates in all of his procedures. He is doing the plan, design, and incisions in each of his patients. He has the same involevement with other well known clinics. For Example in Eugenix clinic the doctors do the same parts like dr Yaman and they have the same doctor incovlement. So in every clinic techs do some parts of the procedure. Thats completely normal.

You can find many great reviews from his patiens on this forum. Dont focus on words of some members which have never done a procedure with him to judge him. Just focus on real patient reviews. Dr Yaman has many great results and satisfied patients on this forum which you can check.

Edited by Divinehair

• Administrators
11 hours ago, Ajamilo said:

you can divide hairs mills into different categories on who is the least risk, but his clinic has the same characteristic features as a hair mill.

3-5 patients daily and technicians do the most of the work where he mostly only draw the hairline. 
his technician is most likely unskilled and a bunch of unprofessional butchers with no experience

Anyways it reminds me of Serkan aygin clinic. you have no control over which of them that is good or bad, so you play a Roulette game therefore it is best not to take a chance on him 
when you see his recent results on reddit. Go to a clinic where you have control over the team that produces good results and the doctor only focuses on you. then it is more likely that you will get a good result :)

also use the list as a guide and not a manual. The best doctor in Turkey is not in the recommended list, Dr. Pekiner. or the best doctors in the world like Dr.Cuto and Dr.Pinto

I don’t believe that’s a fair assessment. Last I spoke with Dr. Yaman, he assured me he was involved in every surgery and only one technician was doing extractions and he has been there for a long time. Are you basing this off what anonymous people say on Reddit? I will reach out to his patients here to verify.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

20 hours ago, Melvin- Admin said:

I don’t believe that’s a fair assessment. Last I spoke with Dr. Yaman, he assured me he was involved in every surgery and only one technician was doing extractions and he has been there for a long time. Are you basing this off what anonymous people say on Reddit? I will reach out to his patients here to verify.

Yes could you please!? I've also seen some of those comments on Reddit. 

You verifying with some of his former patients would help to clarify if some of these comments are just rumors or not and if the quality of his work has declined or not.

On 2/6/2024 at 1:37 PM, Patrick_Joyce said:

I know that Dr. Yaman in Turkey is one of the forum recommended surgeons and from looking he has many many good reviews and cases that include before and after pictures.

Lately however, I've been seeing more posts or replies in different threads recommending against him or advising not to go to him... Or on the flip side, if someone asks for recommendations on hair transplant surgeons in Turkey, I've noticed lately that some people will mention many other doctors but not say anything about Dr. Yaman.

Although he's still on the form recommended list, in all of your personal opinions, is Dr. Yaman still one of the top surgeons in Turkey or recommended surgeons to go to?

I'm wondering why I've seen more replies lately recommending against him, has the quality of his work gone down or something?

Dig deeper all I can say man. 

On 2/7/2024 at 5:54 PM, Melvin- Admin said:

Dr Yaman is a great doctor and he cares about his patients as i have see from his reviews on that forum.
If you read @Dr Resul Yaman patient reviews of this community you will see that his patients say that there were 1,2 or at maximum 3 patients in total. Most of the times are 2 patients in total and Some patients even say they were the only patient on that day. In addition all of dr yaman's patients on this forum say that the doctor was involved in the hair transplant by doing hairine design, plan, design and incisions.So what random people say is just unreal rumors..

Edited by Reina

Yes 

Just now, Patrick_Joyce said:

In other words, if I search harder it'll reveal more negative stuff about him?

Imo, yes. I been on this journey and finally just booked a Dr after 6 months of digging. Spoke to drY. Didn't like how it was alot of hit or misses. Id steer away from turkey and take the time to research more options. Even if you've gotta save $

• Like 1

On 2/8/2024 at 12:02 PM, Patrick_Joyce said:

Yes could you please!? I've also seen some of those comments on Reddit. 

You verifying with some of his former patients would help to clarify if some of these comments are just rumors or not and if the quality of his work has declined or not.

Similar to Ajamilos point..

Whilst I am happy in general with what I received at the clinic, the reason for this forum is to alert others to help make their decision.

I was there in December. On my transplant day, there was definitely 5 of us that day, I had lunch with one and shared the taxi back with three others. This probably is the reason why the cost of his procedure is low and his availability is high compared to others.

My only slight issue, halfway through the day there was a different technician who joined and was very rough. I was sore on that side alone for over a week

Edited by Steverino80
spelling mistake
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, beanzzzz said:

Yes 

Imo, yes. I been on this journey and finally just booked a Dr after 6 months of digging. Spoke to drY. Didn't like how it was alot of hit or misses. Id steer away from turkey and take the time to research more options. Even if you've gotta save $

Thanks for the reply! So I thought Turkey had some of the best hair transplant surgeons around (obviously minus the hair mills) but you are suggesting to avoid turkey all together?

11 hours ago, Steverino80 said:

Similar to Ajamilos point..

Whilst I am happy in general with what I received at the clinic, the reason for this forum is to alert others to help make their decision.

I was there in December. On my transplant day, there was definitely 5 of us that day, I had lunch with one and shared the taxi back with three others. This probably is the reason why the cost of his procedure is low and his availability is high compared to others.

My only slight issue, halfway through the day there was a different technician who joined and was very rough. I was sore on that side alone for over a week

Thank you for the reply. Do you know anything about Dr Pekiner? I reached out to his clinic and submitted all the photos and information but never heard back. It's been almost 2 weeks.

1 hour ago, beanzzzz said:

Keep in mind do what's best for you .

There are some good docs there. Just hit or miss even with them. Check my last post. Left some tips 

I did read it that's why I was asking you, why are you advising to stay away from turkey as a whole. I thought that they had some of the best there?

17 minutes ago, beanzzzz said:

If budget isnt an issue, I'm sure you can find them. Absolutely some skill to be found. Look into fuecapilar 

Ok so again, why did you make a blanket statement against turkey in general? You made a statement and now are giving the run around when asked about it... What places do you recommend?

IMO Bicer didn't check all MY boxes.

Maybe good for you ?

Thailand, Belgium, Portugal, Brussels, Mexico. These are a few outside the US I came across which hosted ethical and professional Drs. Only my opinion. 

4 minutes ago, beanzzzz said:

Maybe good for you ?

Thailand, Belgium, Portugal, Brussels, Mexico. These are a few outside the US I came across which hosted ethical and professional Drs. Only my opinion. 

Ok so basically you are saying without actually saying it that you only really recommend doctors in the United States.

5 minutes ago, beanzzzz said:

Maybe good for you ?

Where do you go for yours? maybe what's good for you would be good for me too.