Repair from Dr. Bisanga - Did adding density result in depleted area?

• Administrators
1 hour ago, patronovski said:

The price was never the problem for me Melvyn. If it was, i wouldnt plan a surgery for 2K euros just for 300 grafts in the first place. Their normal price is 4 euros per graft and they quoted me 2K for this surgery which i accepted it. I did not negotiate about it. In fact, I even offered the clinic 500 euros just for their honest opinion on whether the operation would ruin my appearance or not. I didn't want them to ruin my hair just to make some money like other clinics do. I was willing to give 500 euros as a thank you for their honesty without doing any surgery at all. (The advisor didnt respond to this offer).

As i can read your post, you re a bit defending the clinic, which is fine. Dr. Bisanga is your buddy and you have alot of video's with him. But every person is different and they threat every patient differently. I am pretty sure that if you were their patient, they would put a red carpet for you. My overall experience wasnt that great, not during the consultations and not during the surgery. For me, the doctor was different on video's then in reality. He was dominant, in a rush and not so caring. I also didnt even mentioned about the aftercare. But i will do this in a later post.

As for my concerns, the advisor herself said that the left side doesnt look like a shockloss. For me this is very worrying. The density is lost as you can see below:

Left side after surgery with Bisanga:

image.jpeg.d8a34fafd5099a9b65588fa70029dd91.jpeg

Left side before surgery with Bisanga:

image.jpeg.b343cba0bd91f6dddc764d31392390fb.jpeg

Overal donor before 2nd surgery with Bisanga:
image.jpeg.c00c502eda67a836897d7e731232dcbb.jpeg

Hairline before second surgery (not a big problem at all as you can see)
image.jpeg.c1d1f89f47c5f96000a4d5e94375d942.jpeg

Btw, this morning i saw the clinic contacted me via WhatsApp and asked me if they could respond to my thread. In whatsapp they called it accusing. What they call accusing, is what I call sharing experience. I don't know why I should talk negatively about a clinic if I haven't experienced it that way. They ask me if they can reply on this thread, but they post their message anyways without waiting for my actual response as i can see from the timestamp of their post. I mean, whats the point of asking then? But its ok.

I am now at 6 weeks and didnt see any improvement. In fact, things get even worse and the patchiness is getting more visible as my hair grows around it. The difference in contrast is more visible. The clinic adviced me to wait 3 months, that means i need to wait for a miracle to happen in the next 6 weeks.

I’m not defending anyone. There’s nothing to defend. You had surgery a month ago. There’s no results good or bad to review. My point is that you’ve now damaged your relationship with the clinic by posting this thread preemptively. At one month, two months no one is happy. This sets a bad precedent for repair patients moving forward.

Your comparisons are with long hair vs. short hair with different lighting and angles. 

Closer angle, better resolution, brighter lighting, no tilt.

image.jpeg

Picture is far away, poor resolution, head is tilted down at an angle, which causes a shadow effect. 

image.jpeg

These are facts. End of the day, you can feel however you want. But under no circumstances should patients be encouraged to post negative threads about their procedures one-month after surgery. If that were the case no one would be happy and everyone would be saying they were botched. It’s not correct. 

I even made a video about this over a year ago.

• Like 4

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators

@patronovski I’ve asked you twice to give the clinic permission to discuss your case here publicly. If you share concerns publicly, they should be allowed to share their responses publicly. If I don’t receive an authorization from you, I will be forced to remove this thread out of public view. We have to maintain a fair environment for both patients and physicians. Please allow them to discuss your case.

• Like 4

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

3 hours ago, Melvin- Admin said:

@patronovski I’ve asked you twice to give the clinic permission to discuss your case here publicly. If you share concerns publicly, they should be allowed to share their responses publicly. If I don’t receive an authorization from you, I will be forced to remove this thread out of public view. We have to maintain a fair environment for both patients and physicians. Please allow them to discuss your case.

I think i missed that. Sure they can, no problem with that at all. I didn't even know that my "permission" was required for them to reply. However, i do not allow them to post my personal information and photo's in public.

Btw, it suprise me that some guy from BHR already replied yesterday without my "permission". There is a security leak.

Edited by patronovski

3 hours ago, Melvin- Admin said:

I’m not defending anyone. There’s nothing to defend. You had surgery a month ago. There’s no results good or bad to review. My point is that you’ve now damaged your relationship with the clinic by posting this thread preemptively. At one month, two months no one is happy. This sets a bad precedent for repair patients moving forward.

Your comparisons are with long hair vs. short hair with different lighting and angles. 

Closer angle, better resolution, brighter lighting, no tilt.

image.jpeg

Picture is far away, poor resolution, head is tilted down at an angle, which causes a shadow effect. 

image.jpeg

These are facts. End of the day, you can feel however you want. But under no circumstances should patients be encouraged to post negative threads about their procedures one-month after surgery. If that were the case no one would be happy and everyone would be saying they were botched. It’s not correct. 

I even made a video about this over a year ago.

Thanks for the video man, i appreciate it. But my concern is not the recipient area (hairline), but the donor (sides), which should recover within 2-3 months according to the clinic. But shouldn't I see a little improvement already? I mean i am on week 6 now.

I  didnt take a good photo of the sides before the operation. Because my plan was not to touch that area, but extract hairs from the back only. I wanted to homogonize the donor and add density, so like killing two birds with one stone. But things went differently. 
What affects me most is that I told the doctor that I didn't think it was a good idea to extract hairs from the (weak and less dense) sides because I was afraid this would happen.

Btw, i am not attacking the clinic nor the doctor. Like many of you, I try to share my experience openly on this forum. I have read many good stories about this clinic and that was the reason why I went here. However, I just did not have the same good experience. I try to be upfront and honest about that. The overall experience, from consult to surgery, doctors attitude, aftercare and the diffculties to get in touch via phone, no, not what i had expected. So i am not just talking about results here. And if sharing my honest opinion will damage the relation, then so be it. And if the sides will not get better over time and they will refuse to fix it, then i will find another doctor to get this fixed and will create a new topic on this forum about "repairing a repair case".

Edited by patronovski

3 hours ago, patronovski said:

But my concern is not the recipient area (hairline), but the donor (sides), which should recover within 2-3 months according to the clinic. But shouldn't I see a little improvement already? I mean i am on week 6 now.

To be honest. No. 

6 weeks is nothing. You should wait 5-6  months since the surgery and then start to take the conclusions. 

And now. Why sides are looking so sparse when growing? My guess is that is because of the first surgery. You mentioned that during first HT they overharvested the donor. This is how the overharvested donor looks at this lenght of hair. When hair grow longer it is not noticible and it looks like on the pictures with longer hair that  you presented. 

Did taking 100 grafts from one side and 50 grafts from another would change anything in your donor situation? No, it's such small number and extraction was spread, it won't make difference. Just wait 4 months, hair will grow longer and everything will be fine. 

Just look at 1 month pictures after your first HT. I don't think donor looked nice then. 

• Like 4
  • Well Done 1

It looks like mine did at 6-8 weeks.  Shock loss is real.  It looks worse when the hair is medium length because it highlights the weak spots.  You need to wait 4-6 months for the hair to start growing again. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, GeneralNorwood said:

To be honest. No. 

6 weeks is nothing. You should wait 5-6  months since the surgery and then start to take the conclusions. 

And now. Why sides are looking so sparse when growing? My guess is that is because of the first surgery. You mentioned that during first HT they overharvested the donor. This is how the overharvested donor looks at this lenght of hair. When hair grow longer it is not noticible and it looks like on the pictures with longer hair that  you presented. 

Did taking 100 grafts from one side and 50 grafts from another would change anything in your donor situation? No, it's such small number and extraction was spread, it won't make difference. Just wait 4 months, hair will grow longer and everything will be fine. 

Just look at 1 month pictures after your first HT. I don't think donor looked nice then. 

Thanks. During the first surgery they overharvested my donor at the back, not the sides. They didnt touch the sides that close to my temples and face. They took hairs starting from my ear all the way to the back, see photo below:

Before first surgery:

image.jpeg.c63e7402b5c21bb5734953145eef5dde.jpeg

Around one month after first surgery (left before, right after). I was shedding here:

image.thumb.jpeg.b1a72770fdbe2dc48e801a40869892f1.jpeg

"Just look at 1 month pictures after your first HT. I don't think donor looked nice then."  Well, here it is, no big patchy places on the sides.

image.jpeg.d40d09e6bec7699b7a35ab8aa9e6ce91.jpeg

image.jpeg.4d5a0d6e67fb07c397b604fbdc52fce9.jpeg

Edited by patronovski

2 hours ago, patronovski said:

"Just look at 1 month pictures after your first HT. I don't think donor looked nice then."  Well, here it is, no big patchy places on the sides.

image.jpeg.d40d09e6bec7699b7a35ab8aa9e6ce91.jpeg

image.jpeg.4d5a0d6e67fb07c397b604fbdc52fce9.jpeg

Isn't it obvious that after 1st HT they shaved your donor differently and this is how it looked? Look how short your hair at the back is on this pictures. 

You can go to barber and ask to cut your sides and back like this and you will have more homogenous hairstyle. 

• Like 1

• Administrators
17 hours ago, patronovski said:

I think i missed that. Sure they can, no problem with that at all. I didn't even know that my "permission" was required for them to reply. However, i do not allow them to post my personal information and photo's in public.

Btw, it suprise me that some guy from BHR already replied yesterday without my "permission". There is a security leak.

The permission is to allow them to share your photos taken at the clinic, and to discuss the details of your case. They won’t divulge your personal details. But they would share the photos taken at the clinic. You’re sharing photos its only fair they be allowed too as well. But fair enough. If you don’t want to allow them. I can’t in good faith host a discussion where you’re able to share photos and they’re not. 

It’s obvious in these photos that this patchiness was evident already after your first surgery, except it’s harder to see because the hair is short. There is no taper fade. There’s no way 150 grafts would cause this depletion. You’re donor was already depleted and unfortunately, that’s not going to change unless you place grafts there. 

IMG_2158.jpeg

I’m locking this thread and I will be removing it out of public view. I will re-open it if OP decides to allow the clinic full permission to discuss the details of the case. That includes sharing photos. 

• Like 1

View my thread

• Administrators

This member sent me a pm yesterday why I removed the thread. After I clearly stated the reason why, and I left this thread up for over 9 hours. So the community could see the reason why.

But now the patient has agreed to allow them full permission to discuss the details of his case and share the photos taken at the clinic.

This was his previous response:

I think i missed that. Sure they can, no problem with that at all. I didn't even know that my "permission" was required for them to reply. However, i do not allow them to post my personal information and photo's in public.

• Like 2

View my thread

21 minutes ago, Melvin- Admin said:

This member sent me a pm yesterday why I removed the thread. After I clearly stated the reason why, and I left this thread up for over 9 hours. So the community could see the reason why.

But now the patient has agreed to allow them full permission to discuss the details of his case and share the photos taken at the clinic.

This was his previous response:

I think i missed that. Sure they can, no problem with that at all. I didn't even know that my "permission" was required for them to reply. However, i do not allow them to post my personal information and photo's in public.

I dont know what you mean by "full permission", but yes they can share photo's without my face and details about the surgery without exposing my personal information. Anyways, I feel like this has gotten a bit out of hand. That was not the intention. For now, i will try to contact the clinic about the progress and update you guys.

• Administrators

@patronovski

I asked you three times to give the clinic permission to discuss the details of your case. You told me that you DO NOT permit them to share your photos here publicly.  Why would I censor a procedure that occurred six weeks ago? This doesn't make any sense at all. There's nothing to censor. 

Now I feel accused of censorship when I made it clear what would happen if you don't give the clinic full permission to discuss the details of your case, including sharing photos that won't divulge your personal information: 

On 1/30/2024 at 2:01 PM, Melvin- Admin said:

I’ve asked you twice to give the clinic permission to discuss your case here publicly. If you share concerns publicly, they should be allowed to share their responses publicly. If I don’t receive an authorization from you, I will be forced to remove this thread out of public view. We have to maintain a fair environment for both patients and physicians. Please allow them to discuss your case.

These are the facts. You had surgery six weeks ago. Your donor was already depleted, which is evident in your photo. It is clear as day. It's patchy and moth-eaten.

After 1st surgery. Potch marks and moth-eaten donor evident.

image.png

Your hairline is not good. "Hairline before second surgery (not a big problem at all, as you can see)." This is not genuine in your situation. This is a BIG problem, severe ridging and multis in the hairline. It does NOT look natural, and it's not an easy fix.

image.jpeg

Posting photos like this is disingenuous to the reality of your situation. If you were happy about your procedure, you wouldn't seek repair. You haven't named the clinic that did this to you, but you're now attacking the clinic that tried to help you six weeks ago.

image.png

Now, let's examine the harvested area. Look at the extraction pattern. There's a lot of hairs in between the extractions. However, there are also a lot of FUE scars that show areas void of hair from your previous surgery. That is not going to change. The depletion will remain unless you place hair in those areas that are void of hair. The best clinic to do that is coincidentally BHR. But I don't think that's going to happen anymore. 

Untitled design copy 2.png

In closing, I want to remind the community of our duty as an open forum to be fair and transparent about our process. We must allow clinics to respond to a patient's concerns, including sharing photos taken at the clinic. This permission has to be granted by the patient. If the forum member does not want to allow the clinic to share their photos publicly. We cannot, in good faith, host a one-way discussion where the patient can share any picture they want and the clinic can't. 

We have been involved in several lawsuits and spent thousands of dollars protecting patient's free speech. But that does not mean that there are no rules. We are a professional forum. We're not Reddit or the comment section on YouTube. 

Onwards,

• Like 3

View my thread

Dear All, 

This poster asked the forum with the concern of shock loss. We advised him this was the case and the photos he himself posted show a very well spread extraction pattern with 50 grafts taken over an area of approx 10cm2. If these had been plucked then you would see no deficit in density. The clinic assured him of this and further more we would put any grafts needed in the small chance he had any ongoing shock. He was assured of this also. 

Despite this, and at 4 weeks he posted to the forum. The photos were looked at and he was advised by approx 8 different people on this forum that this is shock and to wait it out, the moderator also said same and provided a video on this. 

That for most people would have probably underlined it but sadly here it was not the case. The attack grows with character assassination and clear hatred being spewed. The irony is the clinic who caused him ridges, over-harvesting and an extremely pluggy hair line is not once mentioned and also now he says the hair line is perfectly good. No anger, no mention of who they are but we are attacked relentlessly for shock loss at 4 weeks. 

image.jpeg.f96a1411639be011c599472c176d4f6e.jpeg

The photo clearly shows there has been no over-harvesting and that the donor has scars from previous work, with no extraction pattern at all, but that is all okay, we are the bad people. If you see any case on this forum with less concentrated FUE then please share. 

Furthermore on his post there was no mention of over double the grafts given that he alluded to and the fact that our consultation, phone calls, whatsapp messages have not once failed to reply to his concerns. The consultation advised of ridging, need for SMP and possible shock loss. 

If this patient’s sole concern was shock then this would have been abated but no, it is ramped up to even now attack and name calling and insult on other platforms. 

This is not the action of someone who has concern for shock loss, there is something else at play here. As said, it is a shame he does not have any of this against the people who put him in the repair position. 

We were not given permission to address his post, we have right to reply on the things he mentioned and our forum rep did reply. This was clear and without any ambiguity or attack and this was met with more insult to us and more accusation.  

Then permission was half given it with no permission for photos, despite the fact the patient was able to use what he wanted with donor hair pulled apart when it suits and nicely combed up when he wants to portray his narrative, and after 3 days the thread was pulled. 

If taking 50 grafts from one side and 100 from the other means he has been over harvested then and warrants the attacks on us, then clearly he is not a candidate for any surgery. Any sane person can clearly see the photo he provided shows the contrary. 

We cannot go back and forth and be subject to this for temporary shock loss and it does make us re-consider our repair work. Sadly there are few who do it and who open their op room for the low price we did. So, we will unfortunately need as significant change in policy if this is deemed okay to subject a clinic to.

We will inform our legal team of this ongoing subject as we said, has really nothing to do with shock loss, that is abundantly clear.

We have really nothing more to add and can see the poster craves the attention and there is no reason to debate shock loss at 4 weeks and more so in the light of the donor photos. The poster is not clearly interested in hearing he has shock loss and so resorts to inflammatory language now against us.

We have no option but to pass to our legal team from here on and will not be entering into more debate.

Kind regards

BHR Clinic

Edited by BHRClinic
  • Like 6
  • Confused 1

45 minutes ago, patronovski said:

I dont know what you mean by "full permission", but yes they can share photo's without my face and details about the surgery without exposing my personal information. Anyways, I feel like this has gotten a bit out of hand. That was not the intention. For now, i will try to contact the clinic about the progress and update you guys.

They need your permission to show online photos they took at the clinic, even without revealing your identity in these photos. Otherwise this is a violation of your personal data and it could have legal consequences for the clinic. If you were already informed about this and the reason why your thread was taken down i dont think its fair to call someone corrupted or that he did this to get free surgery from the clinic.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, BHRClinic said:

Dear All, 

This poster asked the forum with the concern of shock loss. We advised him this was the case and the photos he himself posted show a very well spread extraction pattern with 50 grafts taken over an area of approx 10cm2. If these had been plucked then you would see no deficit in density. The clinic assured him of this and further more we would put any grafts needed in the small chance he had any ongoing shock. He was assured of this also. 

Despite this, and at 4 weeks he posted to the forum. The photos were looked at and he was advised by approx 8 different people on this forum that this is shock and to wait it out, the moderator also said same and provided a video on this. 

That for most people would have probably underlined it but sadly here it was not the case. The attack grows with character assassination and clear hatred being spewed. The irony is the clinic who caused him ridges, over-harvesting and an extremely pluggy hair line is not once mentioned and also now he says the hair line is perfectly good. No anger, no mention of who they are but we are attacked relentlessly for shock loss at 4 weeks. 

The photo clearly shows there has been no over-harvesting and that the donor has scars from previous work, with no extraction pattern at all, but that is all okay, we are the bad people. If you see any case on this forum with less concentrated FUE then please share. 

Furthermore on his post there was no mention of over double the grafts given that he alluded to and the fact that our consultation, phone calls, whatsapp messages have not once failed to reply to his concerns. The consultation advised of ridging, need for SMP and possible shock loss. 

If this patient’s sole concern was shock then this would have been abated but no, it is ramped up to even now attack and name calling and insult on other platforms. 

This is not the action of someone who has concern for shock loss, there is something else at play here. As said, it is a shame he does not have any of this against the people who put him in the repair position. 

We were not given permission to address his post, we have right to reply on the things he mentioned and our forum rep did reply. This was clear and without any ambiguity or attack and this was met with more insult to us and more accusation.  

Then permission was half given it with no permission for photos, despite the fact the patient was able to use what he wanted with donor hair pulled apart when it suits and nicely combed up when he wants to portray his narrative, and after 3 days the thread was pulled. 

If taking 50 grafts from one side and 100 from the other means he has been over harvested then and warrants the attacks on us, then clearly he is not a candidate for any surgery. Any sane person can clearly see the photo he provided shows the contrary. 

We cannot go back and forth and be subject to this for temporary shock loss and it does make us re-consider our repair work. Sadly there are few who do it and who open their op room for the low price we did. So, we will unfortunately need as significant change in policy if this is deemed okay to subject a clinic to.

We will inform our legal team of this ongoing subject as we said, has really nothing to do with shock loss, that is abundantly clear.

We have really nothing more to add and can see the poster craves the attention and there is no reason to debate shock loss at 4 weeks and more so in the light of the donor photos. The poster is not clearly interested in hearing he has shock loss and so resorts to inflammatory language now against us.

We have no option but to pass to our legal team from here on and will not be entering into more debate.

Kind regards

BHR Clinic

I am still waiting to see these photos though... Regardless of what the poster thinks he has mostly attacked the moderator for this not the clinic. I dont think that threatening with legal actions for something like this makes you look nice either.

• Like 3

Hi Guys, i will do a detailed update later today. But i want to point out the following:

The clinic shows a picture where they say that some area was already overharvested on the left side. During the surgery i told dr. Bisanga, " doctor i think you took more hairs from the left side then from the right side". Because it took longer to finish, i was like counting the minutes. He answered that the left side had more grafts to offer and the right side did not. So he took 100. Oh btw, he also said that i should shut my mouth. What an attitude.
So as a doctor, you show us a picture of the left side pointing out the area of overharvesting, and you still take more from that area? Why?
Also, the doctor didnt want to take hair from my back, his reason was that it was overharvested. They didnt even trimmed the back of my head to check. So why you take more from an area if you think that that area was also already overharvested, like in the photo. Especially the left side where he took even more than the right side.

About the hairline, i never said the hairline was perfectly good. I said i had not a big problem with it, this operation for me was just a small unnecessary costmetic operation i wanted to do. The hairline didnt bother me too much, but i wanted to fix it. I said we fixed one problem but created another problem in an area which is even more visible and that bothers me.

Another point is, i dont know why people are pointing to the area behind my ear. I told several times that my concern is the area closer to my temples and face. During the first surgery they even didnt touch those areas so stop pointing to that area. 

i am upsest an disappointed because i did warn the doctor and said that i dont think its good idea to touch the sides. He said it wont be noticeable. Also the fact that i came to implant 300 hairs, but during the surgery day i was told that there was just a small chance for success. It just didn feel so well.

As for aftercare, there is a lady i wont give the name, i asked her several times if we could do a 1 min phone call about my concerns. There were moments where i asked 3-4 questions and she only replied to one of them. This happend multiple times. It took like 1-2 days for every reply and I thought its easier just to do a quick phone call so i can express myself better. She never did call me, even after i spoke to her colleague where she put a note for her to call me. I did called the general number and told the person that took the phone that i was not happy how the aftercare was. I felt ignored and not threated well. Coincidentally it was the same lady and she said oh yes i am sorry i know its because of me bla bla. 

About the reddit post, i did not post that topic. Not on reddit nor on other platforms. I was just informed that the discussion was continuing there. Somebody copied some screens and posted there. But hey, its the internet and everybody is free to share his experiences on any platform. I am AGAINST it if someone just posts something without being an actual patient themselves of that clinic. Because then you make bad name of the clinic without having an actual experience with the clinic. So its fake review then. But in my case, i was a patient and i have my own experience and story which i can share.  You cant do nothing about this, not you, not your boss. I even asked the dockter before the surgery if it was okay to take pictures and share my experience on the internet,  he answered yes. But i never shared my experience in any other platform, except here. So YOU are accusing.

Regardless of all these things, i started this topic because i wanted to know if anybody had experience with BHT on the donor. I wanted more information about chest hair and scarring. But this admin guy was constantly defending the clinic so it went to another direction. 
I even did post this question today in the questions section of this forum. I see that he also deleted that topic about the advice i was seeking about chest hair and scarring. I even wasn’t criticizing the clinic there.  @Melvin- Admin why i cant see this topic where i asked for advice about chest hair and scarring today? Why you keep deleting topics silenty? This website is run by clinics, not by patients.

About the shockloss, their own advisor told me via phone that the left side didnt look like a shockloss. You guys think i am here for attention or what? 

Lastly: this clinic and Melvyn constantly talks about permissions and the photos the clinic want to post. Dude, this clinic only took 2-3 photos pre and post op, and the advisor send me those. Here it is, you can cleary see that the doctor even didnt stick to that plan. He went way beyond the lines of the the left side. He took from areas where it was already overharvested (behind the ear).

Left side (see where the line is and compare this to the after photo, he went way beyond this. Even to the overharvested area around my ear. The little circle is where we put some beard grafts 50 in total):
image.jpeg.fe0890b23c09d8e483db246911743b79.jpeg

Right side: (look where he draw the line and look where he did the actual extraction, he took 50 and didnt spread this as on the drawing)
image.jpeg.4658229343c2fbb9a5d097ac2369b316.jpeg

This topic was my very first topic on this forum. I didnt know how things worked exactly here, like about direct messaging (dm) functionality and about giving permissions to clinics. I even dm'ed Melvyn and asked him if there is some sort of a button where i need to click on to give them the permission they want. Because i told him several times, yes i give them permission, but this guy still didnt restore the topic.

Edited by patronovski

1 hour ago, jjalay said:

I am still waiting to see these photos though... Regardless of what the poster thinks he has mostly attacked the moderator for this not the clinic. I dont think that threatening with legal actions for something like this makes you look nice either.

Yeah, the clinic had the upper-hand but they are now ruining it with "legal team" messages. Also this topic on reddit was posted by user "Lopsided_Pair5727" who has account there since 3 years. I don't think it's same person as @patronovski

So i suggest both sides to take a big breath, stop the drama and just wait for photos in next months. The results will speak for themselves

• Like 10

4 hours ago, GeneralNorwood said:

Yeah, the clinic had the upper-hand but they are now ruining it with "legal team" messages. Also this topic on reddit was posted by user "Lopsided_Pair5727" who has account there since 3 years. I don't think it's same person as @patronovski

So i suggest both sides to take a big breath, stop the drama and just wait for photos in next months. The results will speak for themselves

Of course i wasnt.

I didn't know that it was possible to send a DM here. So i started a new topic here on this forum after Melvyn deleted my original topic to ask him why he did that and i tagged him. In the same topic some guy posted a link to Reddit and said that the discussion was continuing there. I think its somebody who had a problem with Melvyn before i guess.

After i discovered about the DM functionality on this forum, i sent Melvyn a dm and asked him to reopen the topic. I already gave the clinic permission to reply. I only didnt want them to share my photos, and by this i meant with my face visible to the public.

See the post below where some guy shared a reddit link. I didnt even know about that discussion on Reddit. This is the internet and news is shared everywhere so fast.

UPDATE: i just saw that the guy who posted the link to reddit removed his post, or maybe it was the admin again. The discussion on reddit is also removed by the moderators.

Edited by patronovski

Honest question Patronovski, how bad have you found the stress of the first op failing? I can understand your frustration when you think the same thing has happened again and you're in a worse place.

Like I said in your other thread, my experience so far with BHR has been brilliant, both from a HT perspective but also any clinic/business.

I will say if true that telling you about the 50% survival into non virgin areas just before the surgery is concerning however. 

That said, it'd be a lot easier for them to not take on any repair patients as it's got to be a far more arduous task from a surgical perspective, and I do respect that they're willing to do that for people who genuinely need their help.

50 minutes ago, Samson1 said:

Honest question Patronovski, how bad have you found the stress of the first op failing? I can understand your frustration when you think the same thing has happened again and you're in a worse place.

Like I said in your other thread, my experience so far with BHR has been brilliant, both from a HT perspective but also any clinic/business.

I will say if true that telling you about the 50% survival into non virgin areas just before the surgery is concerning however. 

That said, it'd be a lot easier for them to not take on any repair patients as it's got to be a far more arduous task from a surgical perspective, and I do respect that they're willing to do that for people who genuinely need their help.

I had alot of stress after my first HT because of the overharvested donor. It took months to get used to it and find a different hairstyle to cover it. Dont get me wrong, its overharvested yes, but i still have plenty of hair left in my back. With this 2nd operation, i wanted to homoginize it by taking hairs from areas with alot of dark contrast. My sides were always weak and not so good, so taking hair from the back wouldnt be noticed that much as taking hairs from the sides. The way the hair grows in the back, the direction and the amount of grafts, it was just a better option for me.

And yes, like i said several times, i didnt now about the 50% survival chance. The clinic claims that they have told me about this during the consultation before, but why should I lie about this? I prepared myself for this operation months ago, i did my research, saw others with similair problem. I had a plan how i wanted to achieve this by reading other repair cases. Just homogonize the donor and put those grafts in the hairline. Killing two birds with one stone. If i knew about the low survival chance before, i would have never considered a second surgery. Like i said, the hairline lacks density yes, but for me it was not a huge problem. If it was, then i wouldnt need 300 grafts, but more like maybe 1000.

I mean, like 30 minutes before my surgery the doctor told me about the 50% survival chance. He didnt forced me to do the operation. But i was prepared for this operation months ago, i traveled to belgium, booked the hotel, took days of from work, everything was prepared. So i decided to do it. We did less grafts then initally planned, because i didnt wanted to waste grafts because of the low growth chance. Instead of 300 grafts on the hairline, we did 150. We also took 150 beard grafts to fix some overharvested areas in the back. I came up with the beard grafts because i didnt like the idea of paying 2K euros just for 150 grafts after hearing about the low survival chance. So to clarify, i did not pay more or less, we just did 150 grafts from scalp to hairline and 150 grafts from beard to donor, so totall 300 grafts.

Edited by patronovski

• Moderators

@patronovski I'm also a repair patient, so understand your frustrations. However I think you could be in a much better place as far as how you hair will look once the recent procedure is grown out. You didn't want to take hair from the sides as those hairs were thinner, but as the Dr explained, the thinner hairs are what is needed to make the hairline look more realistic. I think you know this to be true, but you are just frustrated thinking you now have even more areas that are depleted than you had before. I get it. That reaction makes sense on its own, but if you think rationally about it, you wouldn't want the thicker hairs placed in the front and have it still look stalky like it does now. You went to get a minor fix for the hairline, so you can soften it up, so you need to let that happen. As far as the donor depletion, you did do a 150 graft body hair test, so you'll know how well that works soon enough. That will allow you to make a better decision on how many (if any) beard/body grafts you want to try placing into the donor at a later time. I think the procedure was probably the right way to go. You have to understand that in a repair it's nearly impossible to get everything you want in one session because the Dr has to work with what someone else ruined. It's not always easy even if it seems like it would be. My advice is to just let it grow for a while and see where you are and then you can think clearly about what your next move is.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Well Done 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

When clinics deal with "repair" cases, they have to work around what the previous clinic did and the priority is always on fixing the hairline and badly angled grafts on the temple recession area. There's only so much they can do to a destroyed donor area. You should have made it clear to the clinic that repairing the donor was more important than repairing the hairline. Instead of "Just homogonize the donor and put those grafts in the hairline. Killing two birds with one stone"

Also "Hairline before second surgery (not a big problem at all, as you can see)." If the hairline wasn't a big problem to you why mention it to BHR?

Did you come to accept the hairline of your first clinic (which you won't name) was okay after the second surgery or before? Or was it after experiencing the stress of the second transplant you thought to yourself "The hairline of the first clinic wasn't bad anyway" 

BHR clinic is among the top 3 best Hair transplant clinics in the world. We are lucky that they take repair cases because very few do and even fewer get it right.

And why don't you name the first clinic that made you have a repair?

8 hours ago, KSA91 said:

When clinics deal with "repair" cases, they have to work around what the previous clinic did and the priority is always on fixing the hairline and badly angled grafts on the temple recession area. There's only so much they can do to a destroyed donor area. You should have made it clear to the clinic that repairing the donor was more important than repairing the hairline. Instead of "Just homogonize the donor and put those grafts in the hairline. Killing two birds with one stone"

Also "Hairline before second surgery (not a big problem at all, as you can see)." If the hairline wasn't a big problem to you why mention it to BHR?

Did you come to accept the hairline of your first clinic (which you won't name) was okay after the second surgery or before? Or was it after experiencing the stress of the second transplant you thought to yourself "The hairline of the first clinic wasn't bad anyway" 

BHR clinic is among the top 3 best Hair transplant clinics in the world. We are lucky that they take repair cases because very few do and even fewer get it right.

And why don't you name the first clinic that made you have a repair?

Like i said, my experience wasnt that great with this clinic. Not only the result, but also the consults. I had the feeling that the doctor was always in a rush and i didnt felt that i was understood well. I find that the dr wasnt realy listening to my wishes.

The hairline was a problem yes, but not a bigger problem compared to my sides now. The patchy sides are very obvious and noticeable to people. I cant hide it. 

I did accepted the hairline for a long time, because it wasnt that noticeable with my hair style. I am not saying this because of the second surgery. 
If the hairline was a bigger problem, then i would stop looking at my sides and post updates here about my hairline instead.

7 hours ago, Odysseus said:

@patronovski What is the name of the clinic that did the bad work that you asked BHR to repair?

Well, its like most Tukish places. They are like factories. Its called Gold City and they offered a free touch up, but no way i go back to them. And no way i will go back to BHR again to fix this. 

For me, a clinic has only one chance, you do it first time right, or you dont touch my head. For this reason, i offered 500 euros to BHR (they didnt accepted it) via email for just telling me their honest opinion. Will you fu.. my hair or not with this operation ? If yes, keep the money and i will not do this surgery.

Edited by patronovski