FUT Mega Seesions/Suggestions Wong/Bloxham

I have a question for everyone and excuse my ignorance if there is any, but after looking through this amazing forum it appears Hasson & Wong do some amazing work on Norwood 6's like myself and do it in 1 single session of sometimes more than 5,000 - 7,000m grafts via their website. I was leaning to Bloxham to go to because they are literally 20minutes from me but it appears they may not be on the H&W level due to not performing that many grafts in one single session? Why can't they is it due to techs? Skill level? Also, Reading on their (H&W) website they also state they feel it is better to do that many grafts in one session which contradicts many things I have read in this forum as that you want at least 2 sessions/surgeries due to many factors. Would it best for me to focus on H&W and get on a flight based on these skills, or could Bloxham also achieve these results? If any have had Mega sessions of 4k or more with any of these Surgeons I would appreciate any opinions, input, advice, knowledge HRN gang. Blessings!

I have never heard of a case with Bloxham doing more than about 4k in a single day. Perhaps they’re out there, but not in prior posts here or his YouTube channel to best of my knowledge. I think he is solid and as a prior patient of his, I’m very happy with my results.  That said, HW have been doing this longer. 

I am curious to know how they can get such a big strip, 5k plus, without more significant risk of scar stretching. 

Edited by JoeD

4 minutes ago, JoeD said:

I have never heard of a case with Bloxham doing more than about 4k in a single day. Perhaps they’re out there, but not in prior posts here or his YouTube channel to best of my knowledge. I think he is solid and as a prior patient of his, I’m very happy with my results.  That said, HW have been doing this longer. 

I am curious to know how they can get such a big strip, 5k plus, without more significant risk of scar stretching. 

I knw Joe have you seen their site. Some over 5k in a single session. It's unreal. Since Bloxham is so close to me I may just go with them and break up for 2 sessions but H&W look really impressive.

1 hour ago, manutd4545 said:

H&W are masters at strip and their FUE is equally impressive. ,  if your looking at high end that is the place to go. Bloxham learned under Feller and compared to the experience of H&W they win every day of the week.

Thanks manutd I really can't ignore H&W skills. I may have to bite the bullet and hop on a flight to Vancouver even though Bloxham is  just 15 minutes from me. Thank you!

• Valued Contributor

If it’s large FUT sessions you’re after, another option is Hattigen Hair in Switzerland. I’m guessing they might be cheaper than H&W, which could offset the cost of the flights to Europe. 

Between H&W and Hattigen you can’t really go wrong. Both excellent choices. 

• Administrators

H&W and Hattingen are excellent mega session FUT clinics.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

2 hours ago, baddecisions said:

Dr. Wong as long as you are content with row implantation.

He has explained his concept about row implantation in this forum in another thread. If the patient doesnt want that he doesnt do this either.

H&W are much better than Bloxham don’t waste your time with Bloxham and just focus on going to Vancouver instead.
All their work is great on any type of balding regardless if your a NW3 or 7