Podcast with Dr. Bruno Pinto Tomorrow

• Administrators

Tomorrow i’ll be interviewing none other than Dr. Bruno Pinto of Portugal. It will be pre-recorded. But I will make sure to ask him all the questions you guys have for him here.

January 11, 2023=4.png

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Thanks for the effort Melvin. I'm really excited. Could you ask him about his approach to medical therapy in conjunction with hair transplants? What does he prescribe to his patients? Oral minox? Oral dut? fin ? 

• Like 2

• Administrators

Good questions, keep em coming.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• Administrators
14 minutes ago, Calihome1 said:

Haven’t seen many results from him lately.  Glad to see he’s still around.

I believe that’s for good reason. His wait lists get too long and since he does it all himself, it’s hard to keep up with the demand after he posts results.

View my thread

1 minute ago, Melvin- Admin said:

I believe that’s for good reason. His wait lists get too long and since he does it all himself, it’s hard to keep up with the demand after he posts results.

Ya I gotcha.  Would still like to see some recent cases 😁

• Administrators

Good questions, im not sure how he got the reputation of being conservative. A lot of his results look aggressive to me.

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CYfIQ_aqbUd/?igsh=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

View my thread

17 minutes ago, Melvin- Admin said:

Good questions, im not sure how he got the reputation of being conservative. A lot of his results look aggressive to me.

This is an insanely excellent HT. Wow

https://www.instagram.com/p/CSfrf6gKk-d/?igsh=NTYzOWQzNmJjMA==

• Like 1

9 hours ago, LaNada said:

What does he think about his reputation of being conservative?

What does he think about Dr. Zarev's unorthodox methods?

I would elaborate on that. 

Pitella and Zarev have cases above 10000 grafts in total. What does dr Pinto thinks about this expansion of the safezone, aka individual approach to the safezone? What stops him from doing this?

and related question : What punch size does he use? 

• Like 3

I would like to hear Dr. Pinto's opinion on the true growth timeline, is there such a concept as slow growers and how rare are they in his estimation, some say that by 6 months your transplant (especially the hairline and midscalp) will pretty much be what you get. 

• Like 1

Can you ask if there is any tests to see if any medication (Oral minox, Oral dut, fin ?) is not going to work for some of patients?  If these does not work, does not make sense to do the HT, right?

Also, are there any medical conditions (not nw level) stop people doing HT? Any test we need to do before the HT, like bloodwork?  I did my first HT, the redness and some inflammation is still there  at some spots after 2 years, and my dermatologist gave me more medication and ordered biopsy.      Why this happen after so long and can i still do a 2nd HT?

Thanks so much :) 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Pelange said:

Can you ask if there is any tests to see if any medication (Oral minox, Oral dut, fin ?) is not going to work for some of patients?  If these does not work, does not make sense to do the HT, right?

Also, are there any medical conditions (not nw level) stop people doing HT? Any test we need to do before the HT, like bloodwork?  I did my first HT, the redness and some inflammation is still there  at some spots after 2 years, and my dermatologist gave me more medication and ordered biopsy.      Why this happen after so long and can i still do a 2nd HT?

Thanks so much :) 

I’ve had to have quite a few blood tests done before my procedure with him on Monday…. Some ask for it, some don’t…. 

• Like 1

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Otis james said:

When can we expect to hear this @Melvin- Admin

I'm recording it today, should have it edited and posted by next week.

• Like 1
  • Well Done 1

View my thread

• Administrators
2 hours ago, asterix0 said:

I would like to hear Dr. Pinto's opinion on the true growth timeline, is there such a concept as slow growers and how rare are they in his estimation, some say that by 6 months your transplant (especially the hairline and midscalp) will pretty much be what you get. 

Good question 🙌 

View my thread

13 hours ago, Melvin- Admin said:

I think it’s still an important question notwithstanding some of his results.

I literally would’ve gone with him if the consult / design wasn’t so conservative.  

2 minutes ago, Calihome1 said:

I think it’s still an important question notwithstanding some of his results.

I literally would’ve gone with him if the consult / design wasn’t so conservative.  

What was his proposal? Hairline too high? You didn’t trust his judgement? 

Edited by Otis james

5 minutes ago, Otis james said:

What was his proposal? Hairline too high? You didn’t trust his judgement? 

Temple corners brought in.  They didn’t want to.

Others top tier docs I consulted with said I was a good candidate for that.

coincidentally, one of the best temple corner and point results I’ve seen was from Pinto and what I wanted replicated.