Does reputation really matter for certain type of procedures? (Unbiased opinions only pls)

Posted (edited)

Hey all,

While I understand the concern here that its best to avoid clinics that have a high chance of overharvesting, etc. I also think its important to go to a clinic who has that artistic touch, especially when it involves your hairline, which is primarily why I chose Eugenix for my first sitting.

But now that's done, I'm trying to plan my second sitting which is crown and a little more density in the mid scalp. 

So my question is.. now that the most important part (arguably) is done, and Im very happy with the results, what possible complications would there be if I decided to go to turkey for the crown and a little density on the mid-scalp?

TIA!

Edited by BaldingEagle1

Follow my Hair Transplant experience with Eugenix!

Nov 16, 2022

• Administrators

It depends on the clinic. There are good clinics in Turkey. But if you’re insinuating that it would be okay to go to a cheap hair mill because you got the most important thing out of the way, then I would have to strongly disagree.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

8 minutes ago, Melvin- Admin said:

It depends on the clinic. There are good clinics in Turkey. But if you’re insinuating that it would be okay to go to a cheap hair mill because you got the most important thing out of the way, then I would have to strongly disagree.

which clinics out of the top of your head would you recommend in turkey?

Nov 16, 2022

• Administrators
29 minutes ago, BaldingEagle1 said:

which clinics out of the top of your head would you recommend in turkey?

Dr. Bicer, FUECapilar, Yaman for a tight budget. Keser and Pekiner are good but they’re more expensive. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

1 minute ago, Melvin- Admin said:

Dr. Bicer, FUECapilar, Yaman for a tight budget. Keser and Pekiner are good but they’re more expensive. 

ok thank you, thank you.

One more question though.. do you agree with my line of thinking in terms of skill set required for crown vs front? I just want to make a good informed decision, and not think one way only to be wrong..

Nov 16, 2022

• Administrators
33 minutes ago, BaldingEagle1 said:

ok thank you, thank you.

One more question though.. do you agree with my line of thinking in terms of skill set required for crown vs front? I just want to make a good informed decision, and not think one way only to be wrong..

In many ways, the crown is more complex than the hairline. Some clinics get good growth with the hairline and low yield with the crown. It is less critical, in my opinion, but equally as difficult, if not more difficult skill-wise.

View my thread

And that's if you go with a motorized punch. If you choose manual, she charges 4 euros/graft, that is to say, over 1 euro more than Pekiner.

4 minutes ago, Eli_Avdikian said:

Bicer is as expensive as Pekiner ...

Just now, Eli_Avdikian said:

And that's if you go with a motorized punch. If you choose manual, she charges 4 euros/graft, that is to say, over 1 euro more than Pekiner.

Crown work is sometimes more difficult as hairline work, i havent seen many examples for succesful work in the crown from turkish clinics. If i were you i would search to find doctors who are proven to give good results with crown work.

• Moderators
On 1/9/2024 at 12:11 PM, BaldingEagle1 said:

Your first sentence in your original post already stated one of the problems going to a cheap clinic which is the possibility of donor over harvesting which could be worse on a 2nd transplant since you already have a lot of donor removed from the 1st transplant.

Then there's the higher chance that a lot of the grafts won't grow. You could also get bad angles which may not be as noticeable on the crown, but it could still make styling your hair harder if the hair doesn't lay the right way. Crowns should have a whirl to be natural looking and you may not get that either.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/9/2024 at 1:04 PM, MildSeven said:

Why aren't you going to eugenix again ?

I was trying to avoid because

1. Distance

2. Wanted to do my BW there since its cheaper since i cant get that many PTOs in a row

Nov 16, 2022

• Administrators
On 1/9/2024 at 1:26 PM, Eli_Avdikian said:

I meant more expensive than Eugenix low packages. 

View my thread

On 1/9/2024 at 12:45 PM, Melvin- Admin said:

In many ways, the crown is more complex than the hairline. Some clinics get good growth with the hairline and low yield with the crown. It is less critical, in my opinion, but equally as difficult, if not more difficult skill-wise.

Just curious, why is that? Just grows better/easier in the hairline due to the better blood supply? What would some do in the crown that others don’t, to have it grow better back there?

On 1/19/2024 at 6:03 PM, Melvin- Admin said:

I meant more expensive than Eugenix low packages. 

Yeah but I was just saying that we can't consider Bicer as a budget option anymore. Her motorized punch rate is almost as expensive as De Freitas, Pinto, Ximena Vila, and Pekiner, and her manual FUE option is more expensive than all of the aforementioned surgeons, bearing in mind that manual FUE extractions are performed at Pekiner's and Vila's clinic...

Edited by Eli_Avdikian