26 months

Hello everyone! Some of you might remember me from a couple years ago. My claim to fame is being the one whose proposal of "Hair Force One" as the name of Pat's land yacht was selected! I still brag about it. Anyway, it has been 2 yrs since my transplant with Dr. Hasson and I could not be happier and wanted to post some pics. The pics suck because I cannot figure out this damn expensive ass camera; flash on / flash off is hidden in a menu somewhere. If they suck too much once I see them on here I will try again. I wanted to just add them to my original album but I can't find it.

Now, I am growing it out longer and yes, I KNOW it looks silly right now! Its in an "in between state" and just looks kind of goofy. Also I was wearing a hat all day so that doesn't help.

I am very satisfied with it though; still not back on the meds but maybe soon just to be safe.

773108282_F91920CF1194031AA35A993FC932616E.jpg.thumb 673108282_811E905A3701FF9E4F4E2029E3C89767.jpg.thumb 573108282_D6890927C79FAB5D1F93205B15165B64.jpg.thumb 473108282_AE49E4D9A7A2787D3810EFB08C739313.jpg.thumb 373108282_1570A06A0E5EC7E177A397BD757B9A3C.jpg.thumb 273108282_CC5118588B8C0D3A962DD185FCD15B84.jpg.thumb 173108282_F2BBAB4702F74F8BFA0BE8B299B8A835.jpg.thumb

Touche student jay! Touche! icon_biggrin.gif Nicely done! I don't recall what our previous disagreement was actually about and I'm far too lazy to read all those old posts. I will admit however, I am still too dreadfully unarmed to engage in a "battle of the wits" and, as I recall, you won the last one single handedly. One must, often regardless of the passage of time, be held accountable for his indiscretions; consider me humbled and in countenance. You have my sincere apologies for the 2007 episode.

Just wanted to say hello to everyone and post an update.

Pushing40,

Uh, wow. Really happy for you. Dr. Hasson says to get back on Proscar unless you want to come back to Vancouver!

Btw, here is your old page documenting your surgery...

Pushing40 Documentation

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Dude! That is awesome! I would love to have that sort of look again. Don't see it happening with my hairline design and degree of thinning though. Keep us up to date as it gets longer.

Cheers

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Pushing40,

Wow, it's great to see you back on the forum. I remember when you first had your hair transplant and I had the privilege of following your journey and transformation. Your hair still looks great :-). I hope you'll stick around and share your experience and acquired expertise with others seeking hair restoration solutions.

studentjay,

I hope you're joking since we don't tolerate personal insults on this forum. Read "Keeping Personal Insults Off This forum - Respect is Required" for more information.

Best wishes,

Bill

Hey Joe! Hey Bill! Feels like I'm in the company of old friends! I will hang around this time for a while and try not to be the excess "cook in the kitchen ruining the stew". I am really really enjoying my hair! All those years of shaving it and now it billows in the wind and hangs in my eyes! It actually gets tangled if I don't condition it!! Is that crazy or what?

Tell Dr. Hasson I will start the meds this summer! But then again, I did enjoy Vancouver. And thanks for finding that link for me Joe!

Don't worry about studentjay; he was just returning a poke in the eye he owed me from long ago. Just joking around; not an issue.

Bill, I see you took another plunge. Greedy, greedy, greedy....

Holy crap! That's a great result, pushing 40!

It's also great to see grown-out HT results posted by somebody who hasn't spiked their hair but, rather, allows the bangs to grow out naturally. In my opinion, we don't get the opportunity to see how this looks in regards to 'matured' HT results often enough. But I must say Dr. Hasson's work on you certainly does this appearance justice.

Seems like you had just the right amount of grafts for your age and hair loss level too. Wise choices!

Thanks for the compliments guys! Dr. Hasson deserves the credit though! He made it; I just wear it. Kind of like when people say to me "hey, nice car man". I didn't build it; I just bought it, you know? But thanks, none the less!

I had originally tried to let it grow longer after the surgery, but the hair does grow in kind of shaken and stirred initially (frizzy). So it didn't work. After a few trims and a few more months, it relaxed and straightened out and here I am with it longer. By the way, the scar is almost impossible to find, let alone see. I'm sure if I buzzed it down VERY short, it would be perceptible but it would have to be buzzed VERY short.

I never realized just HOW MUCH I hated going bald until I got all this hair back. Very happy!

P40,

soo glad you came back w/an update. Your hair is astounding. The density you have doesn't even look like an illusion, but the real deal. Would you say it feels & styles close to original density? I can't imagine that pelo looking thin under any circumstances. Now you look like your pushing 30!

Congrats.

Delicately helping those fragile souls who suffer from hair loss, w/motherly nourishment & care.

Thanks Ron. I wouldn't say its as dense as when I was 15, no. It is kind of hard for me to really say:

1) I've always had very fine, thinner hair, even as a child.

2) I entered the military at 18 with no visible hair loss so 18 is the last time I had longer hair; very short buzz for 20yrs.

When I retired, it looked ridiculous longer; I mean really sad...that's when I decided on the HT. I wanted to wear longer hair again.

I would say there's no way its as dense as when I was 15 or 18 or whatever; but it doesn't look see through or like I'm "going bald", you know?

Wait! I just realized an easy way to figure this out!

If I scrunch a handful of hair from the back or sides, it feels more dense/thicker than if I scrunch a handful from the top!

Now, assuming my hair at 18 yrs old was equal density all over the scalp (should be right?), then I can say a definite "no", its not nearly as dense as it was before balding.

So, I'm standing in the mirror, lifting it up, spreading it around / apart, and I can see the difference in density. When its just laying on my head on any given day, the density difference between the back / sides and the top is really not noticeable. Does that make sense?

Dr Hanson (Hanson and Wong) has had some really great results!!! Thanks for the pictures. Maybe you can change your name from pushing 40 to pushing 26!!! icon_smile.gif

4374 grafts-7/2/2008-Dr Rahal

485 singles

2336 doubles

1526 triples

16 quads

9809 total hairs

Comb, I believe I got 4300? or 4600? I cannot recall exactly. I'm sure I could write Jotronic and get the exact number. I do remember the bill though as it made a nasty dent in my bank account!

Thanks wantego; those guys definitely know what they're doing. As far as the name change goes, I pushed 40 hard and fast and should now have to change it to "pushed past 40 and sadly kept going".....

I am going to have my wife take some really good shots with maybe outdoor lighting this weekend to give a really good idea to everyone of the density, angles, etc.

Hey Lagrange! Good to hear from you! Yeah, I'm playing long haired hippy for a while. Man, its hard to believe we're this far along isn't it? But then other times it seems like it was ten yrs ago too.....