My first ht [3500 grafts] [25 years old]

SoSoz

I am 25 years old. Finally after lurking around on the forum for two years I decided to restore my hair. One day I was with a girl outside during windy day I kept turning my head all the time because I was afraid that the wind will ruin my hair, and it did. I said enough is enough and I decided to get this done. I wanna live rest of my 20s without worrying about my hair.

Medication: Oral finasteride 1mg, 3 times a week for 3 months and not planning to stop, will add oral minoxidil soon.

This is my first procedure of 3500 grafts to restore the frontal third of my hair. I went to a Turkish clinic, my budget was limited. I done my research and I went to clinic that accepts 2 patients a day where doctor does the incisions. For my hairline I went for conservative approach, without any lowering.

Before during worst shedding phase on finasteride

image.png.5d6ae18fbf672bdd96bcec676fdf8082.pngimage.png.53a0dbc0ed36f6f394b438c14b7044f1.pngimage.png

After the surgery

image.png.acea0b2046cecca6b10c173e7444b5d8.png

6 days post surgery

image.thumb.png.0da6ce40d53aff8ac54cf8a7e9769bd9.png

Edited by SoSoz

• SoSoz changed the title to My first ht [3500 grafts] [25 years old]
  • Administrators

Who’s the surgeon? You mentioned Turkish clinic. There are some good Turkish clinics that are affordable, and then there’s hair mills

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Moderators

The work looks pretty good.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

19 hours ago, Melvin- Admin said:

Who’s the surgeon? You mentioned Turkish clinic. There are some good Turkish clinics that are affordable, and then there’s hair mills

2 hours ago, baddecisions said:

All the best in your journey

My bet would be Hair of Istambul or Aisha, let me know if I am right

Ahmed Altan, clinic Aestepool

Edited by SoSoz
  • Like 1

I think 3500 grafts is a great foundation and will transform your look completely. 

Your hair and case is very similar to mine. I had 3,332 grafts and it changed my life.

Your work looks super clean and I’m excited to see future update.

Congrats! Also, try not to obsess every day over your hair and just let time pass. It’ll be 6-8 months before we start seeing some real results.

• Like 1

1st Procedure: 3332 FUE Grafts | Shapiro Medical Group | 10.29.20
2nd Procedure: 1908 FUE Grafts | Shapiro Medical Group | 11.13.23

Donor day after surgery, I also had 50-100 grafts implanted in crown area.
image.thumb.png.39c85da695990dee7874170cfe97acf8.png

10th day updates

IMG_4927.thumb.jpg.e6ae2d75d406c2525e3b824563e8479d.jpg

image.thumb.png.6913b31bc88f004e0addab47c369658f.png

Some minimal redness with flashcam, in real life light the redness is not visible at all. I have a lot of dry flaking skin for some reason, Im trying to get rid of it for past 2 days

Edited by SoSoz
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am 1 month and 8 days post HT, shedding seems to kicked in hard. After shedding I am having visible hair stubble - is this normal? Shouldn't entire folicle go out? I am having a lot of 'J' or 'L' hair on my hands when washing.

image.png.4f1f39c33a68b38e7a021e2c83c6d136.png

Edited by SoSoz

• 4 weeks later...

As for your shedding question:

How much you shed is really unpredictable.

Some shed all the hair + even some of the native hair, others don't shed at all. Most are somewhere in between.

There is nothing unusual about some hair not shedding during that phase. As long as the grafts weren't damaged during harvesting or implantation they should all start growing at some point. 

The clinic you went to isn't a place that would normally be recommended, but it looks like you received decent work by whoever those techs were. Should turn out well. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Exactly 3 months, im in shock how fast it started to grow. Pic is under harsh light too. One more month and I belive everything will blend in nicely

image.thumb.png.1ecf94c46400629c5452d8c6345ba041.pngimage.thumb.png.35cc3ed7795e6d8c5bf231c34041c22d.png

Edited by SoSoz
  • Like 2

On 1/12/2024 at 2:15 PM, Anon94 said:

As for your shedding question:

How much you shed is really unpredictable.

Some shed all the hair + even some of the native hair, others don't shed at all. Most are somewhere in between.

There is nothing unusual about some hair not shedding during that phase. As long as the grafts weren't damaged during harvesting or implantation they should all start growing at some point. 

The clinic you went to isn't a place that would normally be recommended, but it looks like you received decent work by whoever those techs were. Should turn out well. 

I dont see this clinic be any different than example Dr.Yaman. The doctor is involved in the surgery and does the incision and also only two patients a day

5 hours ago, SoSoz said:

Exactly 3 months, im in shock how fast it started to grow. Pic is under harsh light too. One more month and I belive everything will blend in nicely

image.thumb.png.1ecf94c46400629c5452d8c6345ba041.pngimage.thumb.png.35cc3ed7795e6d8c5bf231c34041c22d.png

This look good for only three months. The growth usually starts now so I would expect good result here :) 

• Moderators

That's some good early growth for only 3 months. Looks good so far.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

No fibres, no product. 3 months 6 days. Donor looks untouched. tbh I am so happy with this and wouldn't mind it being end result lol

r/HairTransplants - 1-3 months hair transplant update, 25 & 3500 grafts

Edited by SoSoz

• 2 weeks later...

There are quite a few multis at the hairline however you've achieved excellent growth for 4 months and the shape of your hairline looks good. Are you happy with how things are developing? 

I am sorry to say this, but...

Not only doubles, but also hair caliber for the hairline is way too thick. Moreover, directions/angles from implanted hair does not match the native.

9 hours ago, Myles23 said:

There are quite a few multis at the hairline however you've achieved excellent growth for 4 months and the shape of your hairline looks good. Are you happy with how things are developing? 

I am not concerned about the multis in hairline, they are not really visible irl, no one ever has said anything, all I heard is that it looks great. Best decision of my life

• Well Done 1

• 3 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

6 month of propecia and 4 months post ht, ht was only on frontal third and around 100 grafts into the crown

image.png.7c4cf7cea0480fb6c560e242c9a9689b.pngimage.thumb.png.bad803e63700e9edd76ebe12a9fb04c1.png

Hairline might not be perfect, but the result I got for the price (2400 eur) I feel it's great, no one ever said to me irl that there's something wrong with hairline. I am so happy with the result tbh. 

image.thumb.png.67070971f5d3592edb70ef17a04a0839.pngimage.png.0d3a33ab919bb4042196ce5c4f68c4f0.png

Edited by SoSoz