Perez Hilton with 3 Transplants.. Yet Losing Hair.. Someone Explain?

Perez Hilton has had 3 transplants. His result from his 1st transplant looked very damn good. The surgeries involved the front scalp by my understanding. But now after his 2nd and 3rd transplants, he's been losing hair in the front as he admits on youtube. But if he's had 3 surgeries, he shouldn't be losing hair at all.

Why did he lose hair given 3 transplants?? If anything the surgeries shouldve been a locked solution at least for many, many years to come.

I dont understand this phenomenon. Would someone explain this strangeness?

Do most patients go through this hair loss even after a transplant? If so, whats the point to getting a transplant?

Edited by wprevil

2 hours ago, wprevil said:

Perez Hilton has had 3 transplants. His result from his 1st transplant looked very damn good. The surgeries involved the front scalp by my understanding. But now after his 2nd and 3rd transplants, he's been losing hair in the front as he admits on youtube. But if he's had 3 surgeries, he shouldn't be losing hair at all.

Why did he lose hair given 3 transplants?? If anything the surgeries shouldve been a locked solution at least for many, many years to come.

Do most patients go through this hair loss even after a transplant? If so, whats the point to getting a transplant?

Stress to find new gossip can cause hairloss

• Haha 1

• Administrators

Hair transplants do not stop hair loss. If he isn't on medication, than he will continue to lose hair despite having multiple surgeries.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

9 hours ago, Nawaba said:

Stress to find new gossip can cause hairloss

I dont know if youre trolling or not. But if you are I ask to be polite and not violate the forum rules

Edited by wprevil

10 hours ago, manutd4545 said:

You can do, in my case most of my hair from my first 2 HT thinned/ went.

So youre saying that your transplant made your hair thin??

But then whats the point to a transplant? This is getting me sick since I'm scheduled for a transplant myself and I really dont know what to do now.

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, wprevil said:

He was taking his meds

How do you know?

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

2 hours ago, Melvin- Admin said:

Hair transplants do not stop hair loss.

So let me get this right. If youre saying that transplants can cause thinning hair, I dont see the point to getting a transplant.

In 3 weeks I'm scheduled for a transplant with a good doc. But now I'm heavily worried that the transplant will force the good hairs on my scalp to go away for good.

If you have thoughts on this let me know because I'm very confused.

Edited by wprevil

• Administrators
1 hour ago, wprevil said:

So let me get this right. If youre saying that transplants can cause thinning hair, I dont see the point to getting a transplant.

In 3 weeks I'm scheduled for a transplant with a good doc. But now I'm heavily worried that the transplant will force the good hairs on my scalp to go away for good.

If you have thoughts on this let me know because I'm very confused.

Where did I say that hair transplants cause thinning hair? I said they don't stop hair loss. DHT causes hair loss. If you're not on a medication that blocks DHT you will continue to go bald, despite getting multiple HTs.

• Like 1

View my thread

35 minutes ago, Melvin- Admin said:

If you're not on a medication that blocks DHT you will continue to go bald, despite getting multiple HTs.

But what about someone in my case who cant take meds because of an existing medical condition? I'm really scared now cuz I really dont know if I should get the surgery.

You don't need to be scared mate.

All @Melvin- Admin is saying is completely fair and reasonable.

It is always best to take medication if you're considering a hair transplant. A hair transplant is not a miracle cure for hair loss, but a good way to make the areas in which you have lost hair look more dense. But, if you are losing hair and are receding, a hair transplant will not stop you from continuing to lose hair on other parts of your head. That's why it is advisable to be on Finasteride & Minoxidil, so that we can limit the hair loss in other areas where transplanted hair does not exist. It really depends for you though, if you are in a position where you're not really losing hair at a rapid rate and your recession is controlled, then you may be okay without medication, but it's not the better of the two options imo.

14 hours ago, wprevil said:

Commented on your previous comment but it's also almost certain that the hair he's losing at the front is not previously transplanted hair but native hair. Regarding hair lost from hair transplant, hair goes in cycles, so it's not unusual to experience thinning and regrowth even for transplanted hairs in 18-24 ish month cycles.

1 hour ago, DomTransplant said:

You don't need to be scared mate.

All @Melvin- Admin is saying is completely fair and reasonable.

It is always best to take medication if you're considering a hair transplant. A hair transplant is not a miracle cure for hair loss, but a good way to make the areas in which you have lost hair look more dense. But, if you are losing hair and are receding, a hair transplant will not stop you from continuing to lose hair on other parts of your head. That's why it is advisable to be on Finasteride & Minoxidil, so that we can limit the hair loss in other areas where transplanted hair does not exist. It really depends for you though, if you are in a position where you're not really losing hair at a rapid rate and your recession is controlled, then you may be okay without medication, but it's not the better of the two options imo.

Its very strange how mentioning a medical condition doctors personally advise to avoid taking meds for, that some people take it upon themselves to override doctors' advice like they went to medical school and dont even know your medical condition. Its extremely strange.

Edited by wprevil

1 hour ago, DomTransplant said:

Commented on your previous comment but it's also almost certain that the hair he's losing at the front is not previously transplanted hair but native hair.

Correct, I've never had a hair transplant.

Im sorry you feel that way. You said you were scared and I'm literally just making broad points. It is true that for results, as a broad point that for HTs its better if you can be on medication as to keep the native hair. That isn't possible for everyone as you've mentioned in your personal instance and fibres and further transplants can help depending on the aggression of the hair loss. I have no interest in arguing so wish you luck on your hair transplant and hope it goes great!

Edited by DomTransplant
Added text.

2 hours ago, wprevil said:

Correct, I've never had a hair transplant.

Based on all of your threads and posts you should most likely not get one. The risk you assess, the medical limitations and the stress seem to really outweigh the positives. You seem to work a comb over well.  If that is too much to lose then why consider this as an option. This is a great community of people that have made the risk reward decision or are realistically weighing it. You clearly have made up your mind it is too risky. 

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor
1 hour ago, Cooper48 said:

Based on all of your threads and posts you should most likely not get one. The risk you assess, the medical limitations and the stress seem to really outweigh the positives. You seem to work a comb over well.  If that is too much to lose then why consider this as an option. This is a great community of people that have made the risk reward decision or are realistically weighing it. You clearly have made up your mind it is too risky. 

This^    I mean this in the spirit that it is intended @wprevil as I also feel that from reading your threads, questions and concerns that a hair transplant at the moment will be something that will not make you happy. Keep researching and just put it on the shelf for a while. Remember you can always have a hair transplant 'tomorrow.' 👍

4 hours ago, DomTransplant said:

I have no interest in arguing so wish you luck on your hair transplant and hope it goes great!

Theres no argument. But with all due respect, I shouldn't have to repeat myself about not being able to take meds due to my medical issue after posting it. Then insisting its still a good idea to, defeats the purpose of my health.

Youre more than welcome to contribute but seriously, understand that everyone has circumstances beyond their control. Some babies are born with leukemia, people have unexplainable bouts of seizures and others are born with incurable diseases. As such you cannot prescribe the same remedy to each sufferer. It'll make things worse.

2 hours ago, Cooper48 said:

You seem to work a comb over well.  If that is too much to lose then why consider this as an option. This is a great community of people that have made the risk reward decision or are realistically weighing it. You clearly have made up your mind it is too risky. 

So youre right to an extent. But 2 things to consider... with a comb over, the hairstyle looks good bu doesnt stay in place with wind involved. Add to that, if I had a bit more density in the temple area, it would help with styling it consistently and making it stay in place and now warp out to the side.

The 2nd thing is, I already paid the clinic a lot of money and they wont refund it no matter what. I also bought a plane ticket and airbnb that also costs $$$. So I'm stuck.

But I hear you loud and clear. I also apologize for dragging this. Its that I'm very much indecisive about this given the money already spent and being nonrefundable. So hope you understand.

56 minutes ago, Gatsby said:

Keep researching and just put it on the shelf for a while. Remember you can always have a hair transplant 'tomorrow.' 👍

Yeah thanks boss, I greatly appreciate that. But what about the $$$$ I already sent the clinic? It aint peanuts ya know.