temples/front line

Hi,
I had my first HT at HLC in Jen 2020.
I'm happy with the end result but...I could be happier!
I was very conservative when I got my first HT and now I would like to lower my HL/temples.
Was thinking something between 1000/1500 UF. 

Can you help me to choose  the best docs in the world. _Not a good doctors but real artists of the hairline.
My first choice is Couto, but the waiting list is too long. My second choice is Ferreira, same thing.
I saw some nice works from Custodio. what do you think about him?

PS Cyclically, I have  very strong telone effluvium, so my hair don't look always the same: they  look great at their best (usually during summer) and average at their worse  (usually autumn).
pics attached

at my best.jpeg

at my worse.jpeg

Most of the good doctors, artists, have a little bit of a long waiting list. In your place i would wait a little bit longer to go with dr. couto. Other options for great hairline work is dr. Konior in chicago and dr. munib ahmad in netherlnds, but they are both really priecey and i mean PRICEY. Othe roptions is bruno pinto in portugal, and Raphael de freitas in Spain.

As i said i think if you are planning to get another hairtransplant your first choice with couto is great and definitely worth it to wait in order to have surgery with him.

• Like 1

@Gatsby
@Melvin- Admin
how many FU do you think I do need to lower my HL?
It should be 1 cm.
This time I will pray the doc not to go among pre-existing hairs. From what I see, it is a waste of grafts because it doesn't make any big difference in terms of aestethic and the risk to damage pre-existing hair is very high.

WhatsApp Image 2023-11-07 at 03.22.00.jpeg

Edited by duchaine

Round shape hairline will be best, you'll may need to do the peaks a bit aggressive to achive homogenous result with 300+ grafts each side.

Doron Harati - Patient coordinator for HDC Hair Clinic, HT procedures are done by MD Doctors with Microscope FUE.

For consultation contact me: WhatsApp +972526542654

Mail:doronhdc@gmail.com

HDC Instegram: https://instagram.com/doronhairadvisor_hdc?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

* All comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice, all comments are only the personal opinions of the poster.

3 hours ago, Doron Harati said:

Round shape hairline will be best, you'll may need to do the peaks a bit aggressive to achive homogenous result with 300+ grafts each side.

I am just scared to go on temporal peaks, because the 90% of results are quite poor!
For the Hl (as I designed it) do you think that 100/1500 can be enough?

• Administrators
15 hours ago, duchaine said:

@Gatsby
@Melvin- Admin
how many FU do you think I do need to lower my HL?
It should be 1 cm.
This time I will pray the doc not to go among pre-existing hairs. From what I see, it is a waste of grafts because it doesn't make any big difference in terms of aestethic and the risk to damage pre-existing hair is very high.

WhatsApp Image 2023-11-07 at 03.22.00.jpeg

Looks like 2,000-2,500 grafts. You want high density.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

3 hours ago, duchaine said:

I am just scared to go on temporal peaks, because the 90% of results are quite poor!
For the Hl (as I designed it) do you think that 100/1500 can be enough?

You'll need for sure more than 1500 grafts, you need to create very high density to lower the current hairline, because you also need to add density to the current hairline (which is good btw), but you still need to add grafts so the new hairline result will be homogenous, more like 2000-2500 grafts job.

With peaks we are very selective which candidate is suitable, it depends on many properties, the bad results are usually done with multigrafts, but in peaks you place single grafts to give the best natural result as possible.

If you interested in round shape hairline you're welcome to contact my WhatsApp, you can see many results in our Instagram.

Edited by Doron Harati
  • Like 1

Doron Harati - Patient coordinator for HDC Hair Clinic, HT procedures are done by MD Doctors with Microscope FUE.

* All comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice, all comments are only the personal opinions of the poster.

6 hours ago, Doron Harati said:

You'll need for sure more than 1500 grafts, you need to create very high density to lower the current hairline, because you also need to add density to the current hairline (which is good btw), but you still need to add grafts so the new hairline result will be homogenous, more like 2000-2500 grafts job.

With peaks we are very selective which candidate is suitable, it depends on many properties, the bad results are usually done with multigrafts, but in peaks you place single grafts to give the best natural result as possible.

If you interested in round shape hairline you're welcome to contact my WhatsApp, you can see many results in our Instagram.

Thanks for your reply.
The peak are very hard for the surgeon. I think it is not only a matter of multi grafts. the real problems are the angles and the directions of the hair. To add hairs at the peak, you need to go perpendicular to the floor and with an angle almost =0°. 

I just saw your IG page and I have a question...maybe it is a stupid question so I apologize in advance.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Ckk41o4K-u5/

If this guy used only 3400 grafts to cover a such bald area....how is it possible that I need more than half of what he used just to lower HL?

Edited by duchaine

6 hours ago, duchaine said:

Thanks for your reply.
The peak are very hard for the surgeon. I think it is not only a matter of multi grafts. the real problems are the angles and the directions of the hair. To add hairs at the peak, you need to go perpendicular to the floor and with an angle almost =0°. 

I just saw your IG page and I have a question...maybe it is a stupid question so I apologize in advance.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Ckk41o4K-u5/

If this guy used only 3400 grafts to cover a such bald area....how is it possible that I need more than half of what he used just to lower HL?

Yes you're correct, besides the single grafts the doctor must create the correct hair angles, even by doing this all correct the growth appearance may look a but synthetic compare the top scalp, so we diagnose it carefully before suggesting peaks job, before the consultation we ask for measurements to see it's suitable.

The clinic is very experienced with temporal peaks jobs, one our staff teams had a procedure 10 years ago with a sustainable result.

This patient didn't needed more than 3200 grafts, he has very thick grafts more than average with combination of flat and very low hairline than the average, it's optimum result of both idealistic thick black hair donor and very low flat hairline with narrow scalp.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Doron Harati said:

Yes you're correct, besides the single grafts the doctor must create the correct hair angles, even by doing this all correct the growth appearance may look a but synthetic compare the top scalp, so we diagnose it carefully before suggesting peaks job, before the consultation we ask for measurements to see it's suitable.

The clinic is very experienced with temporal peaks jobs, one our staff teams had a procedure 10 years ago with a sustainable result.

This patient didn't needed more than 3200 grafts, he has very thick grafts more than average with combination of flat and very low hairline than the average, it's optimum result of both idealistic thick black hair donor and very low flat hairline with narrow scalp.

Thank you!

On 11/7/2023 at 6:46 PM, Melvin- Admin said:

Looks like 2,000-2,500 grafts. You want high density.

I tried some math.
Let say that surface is 38/40 cm2, so I need 2000 if I go for 50 FU/cm2.

Is a such high density needed?
And more important: what is the surviving rate at 50 FU?
At Hlc the sold me 50 FU/cm but I do not have more than 30 at the moment.

• Administrators
7 minutes ago, duchaine said:

I tried some math.
Let say that surface is 38/40 cm2, so I need 2000 if I go for 50 FU/cm2.

Is a such high density needed?
And more important: what is the surviving rate at 50 FU?
At Hlc the sold me 50 FU/cm but I do not have more than 30 at the moment.

Generally, you don’t want lower than 45 grafts per cm2 in the frontal hairline. Otherwise, it will be see through in harsh lighting. I would say 2,000 is a good number and will leave you with an excellent result. 1,500 is acceptable but may be see through in some lighting.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 1 month later...