BaldingBosnian's Story: 2500-2600 grafts with Dr. Dogan Turan (FUECAPILLAR)

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, BeardedArbor said:

Sorry to see this, Bosnian. Nothing you can do right now other than see how it develops over the next 6 months, but it's not likely you will be pleased with the results. 

Maybe try getting back in touch with @FUECAPILAR to see what, if anything, they can do for you. If you're amenable to it, maybe a repair surgery by Dr. Gur since you likely don't want to go back to Dr. Turan. Despite your legitimately poor experience, FUE Capilar generally seems to want to provide good results and stand by the quality of their doctors, so maybe they can offer a corrective surgery in a show of good will.

I’m most definitely not going to Dr. Tur.

Initially out of this mess I would just need to my right temple and fill in the crown more, but now it looks like I have to have a lot more done because the angles of the hair are just going every which way. So it’s going to suck to have my planted hair replaced to add an additional headache to this equation. I wouldn’t even mind I could style with some gel so it looks normal but the hair just goes in weird directions and curls at the top because when I gel it up or even to the side.

Ill do one last update in a month and then take my losses. Hope you have a much better result.

thanks. 

Edited by baldingbosnian
  • Like 1

From a pragmatic perspective, let your hair grow long: the longer the easier to conceal when there are issues regarding angles/directions.

What I can't understand is that, in the post op pictures, implanted hair seemed on point when it comes to angles and directions (I can be obviously mistaken). It is definitely a very tricky thing and probably, at the same time, the most difficult for doctors and unknown for the majority of people.

• Administrators
14 hours ago, baldingbosnian said:

Here is the update with growth. The hair just looks terribly transplanted to me, the angles just don’t match my natural hair pattern. Like, it just looks so out of place. Even when I wet my head in the shower the frontal hairs stick upwards. I even tried using gel and pomeade to style it, but it still sticks up in a weird way.  You can even tell by looking at the top of my head that the hair is going the wrong way. Right side still looks the same, like I said he did a very weak job on the side. 

and honestly, I would have preferred my receded hairline then this weird unnatural hairline, it just looks so awful. It’s psychologically damaging.

IMG_4141.thumb.jpeg.d6595501b8e0c0551cf4cf69f7a56b7b.jpeg

IMG_4137.jpeg

IMG_4138.jpeg

IMG_4139.jpeg

IMG_4143.jpeg

Hair in the beginning can grow coarse and wiry. I wouldn’t cast final judgement yet. Give it time.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

4 hours ago, Callum998 said:

What a god awful sad affair, please do an update in a few months? I’ve been comparing yours to mine as I went with turan at a similar time and have concerns 

Will do, I’ll keep everyone updated. I don’t want anyone to suffer the same fate as I did.

1 hour ago, baddecisions said:

From a pragmatic perspective, let your hair grow long: the longer the easier to conceal when there are issues regarding angles/directions.

What I can't understand is that, in the post op pictures, implanted hair seemed on point when it comes to angles and directions (I can be obviously mistaken). It is definitely a very tricky thing and probably, at the same time, the most difficult for doctors and unknown for the majority of people.

yeah, that is my only option, really. Because fixing a badly angled hair transplant is very difficult according to my research. 

I’ll give you guys another update when my hair is longer.

• Like 1

So is Dr. Turan a bust then? I'm not sure what to make of him now as there was this review by the Balding Bosnian plus several others here where they seemed to indicate Dr. Turan rushed through the procedure. 

I want to do a hair transplant this fall and was giving strong consideration to Dr. Turan, but now I'm not so sure.

The result is no where physiological damaging.

You need to grow your hair and then conclude anything. I am quite sure, with long hair you will be able to style it better.

15 hours ago, BeardedArbor said:

So is Dr. Turan a bust then? I'm not sure what to make of him now as there was this review by the Balding Bosnian plus several others here where they seemed to indicate Dr. Turan rushed through the procedure. 

I want to do a hair transplant this fall and was giving strong consideration to Dr. Turan, but now I'm not so sure.

I'm not currently in the market for a HT, but personally, Turan would have been high on my list for a 2nd HT before a week or two ago. But after reading the recent reviews on him I would say that yes he is a bust in the sense that I would no longer consider going to him.