BaldingBosnian's Story: 2500-2600 grafts with Dr. Dogan Turan (FUECAPILLAR)

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

here is an almost 6 month update. I’m not happy with his work, my right side looks awful. In fact so I awful I decided to get a buzz cut because it looks so bad. Like someone else pointed out the right side looks like it was done by a different person. Just look at all the bald areas on my right temple that were skipped over. And I mean it when I said he rushed my right side.

Right side:

IMG_3373.thumb.jpeg.c1738399e62f7278d9f9b86df021f4bb.jpeg

IMG_3371.jpeg

IMG_3369.jpeg

left side:

IMG_3374.jpeg

IMG_3375.jpeg

Edited by baldingbosnian

Man, you need to give this time and to also seriously grow your hair out. 

A transplant is always an ILLUSION of density, you will never have your OG density. And to pull off the illusion, you need a skilled surgeon as well as the right styling for your hair. I know that a lot of us go in expecting to magically turn the clock back but the truth of the situation is, it simply does not work that way.

Are you going to look a thousand times better than before, if successful? Hell yeah. 

Is it going to look like you never lost your hair in the first place? No.

Also, you had a very small frontal issue, so you essentially lowered your hairline at minimum viable density.

I think that it can still look good, but you'd need to grow your hair out, I don't think that ANY transplant holds up as a buzzcut without serious SMP.

• Like 2

• Moderators

If you let it grow out it probably won't be so noticeable. You also have some more time for it all to mature and thicken up and blend in better.

• Like 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

13 hours ago, patronovski said:

Disappointing result from Fue Capliar

13 hours ago, patronovski said:

Disappointing result from Fue Capliar

Yeap. I'm disappointed as well with my mine. Dr doesn't seem to care much and is all about the cash.

Actually It looks fine for so short hair. You should let your hair to grow...hair transplant is an illusion of density. If you let it grow it will look fine. Also keep in mind that you still have lots of time for more improvement and thickening.

24 minutes ago, Gramatik said:

Actually It looks fine for so short hair. You should let your hair to grow...hair transplant is an illusion of density. If you let it grow it will look fine. Also keep in mind that you still have lots of time for more improvement and thickening.

It's true that maybe with longer hair it kind of looks Ok. Nevertheless, the right temple is very weak regardless

Posted (edited)

This isn’t even about illusion of density, I understand my hair will never be what it was originally.  I understand coming into a hair transplant I would have density 50% of original hair. 

My problem is how poorly he placed the grafts on my right temple, it just looks silly. I did have my hair longer before buzzing, but it looked bad with the bald areas on my right side, so I buzzed it in hopes maybe I still have some more growth, but I highly doubt it since the clear bald areas have look the same since the beginning. Also, I don’t see any new follicles on my right side. I am happy with my left side, not happy with my crown and my right side. I know this surgeon is capable of doing amazing work, that’s why I chose him because of the results I saw from users on this forum,  but unfortunately he rushed my transplant toward the end and left before even doing my crown. A surgeon should always go 100% with his patient, that should be the minimum standard for any surgery cosmetic or not. They shouldn’t treat one patient different from another in terms of time and quality spend with patient.  And I understand each patient is different and will yield different results, but this is clearly bad graft placement on my right side with that terrible spacing.

I’ll update you guys in 1 month with a bit longer hair. Thanks for reading.

IMG_3391.jpeg

Edited by baldingbosnian
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Eli_Avdikian said:

It's true that maybe with longer hair it kind of looks Ok. Nevertheless, the right temple is very weak regardless

You cant judge with so short hair...any hair transplant will look weak with so short hair. Hair transplant is an illusion of density with long hair, because you cant achieve the native density.

Edited by Gramatik

Dr. Turan was on my list too, but this story helped me and I took it off my list. You went there for a hair transplant and paid the fee. You may not like your hairline, but their reaction shouldn't be like that!

1 hour ago, Gramatik said:

You cant judge with so short hair...any hair transplant will look weak with so short hair. Hair transplant is an illusion of density with long hair, because you cant achieve the native density.

You are missing the point, if the angulation and placement is wrong, growing the hair out will still be impossible to style and will look unnatural. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, asterix0 said:

You are missing the point, if the angulation and placement is wrong, growing the hair out will still be impossible to style and will look unnatural. 

I dont miss any point. The angulation and placement looks fine. He just need to be patient and grow up his hair. It is also known that hair transplant follicles sometimes need more time in order to comb them more easily (after 12 months period).

On 4/13/2024 at 8:26 AM, Gramatik said:

I dont miss any point. The angulation and placement looks fine. He just need to be patient and grow up his hair. It is also known that hair transplant follicles sometimes need more time in order to comb them more easily (after 12 months period).

It definitely does not look fine. 

I think you should let your hairs to grow now...we cant judge a result with such a short hair stryle. I have seen great work from dr Turan so i suppose you will be happy at the end. 

Short hair makes it look more dense, longer will make it look more stringy, my Turkish barber told me this and he was right , my weak side doesn’t look as pronounced when I get hair cut shorter , growing it out isn’t gonna fix it 

• Moderators

The pictures posted are at 5 and 1/2 months post op. Lets not make final decisions without seeing the final results. I'd like to see how this looks in another month or two before I say it looks bad. Right now I think it looks OK for less than 6 months. It also looks like the Dr tried to match the natural angles he previously had where the hairs sort of splits away from each other near the temples.

image.png

image.png

image.png

• Like 2

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

25 minutes ago, Al - Moderator said:

The pictures posted are at 5 and 1/2 months post op. Lets not make final decisions without seeing the final results. I'd like to see how this looks in another month or two before I say it looks bad. Right now I think it looks OK for less than 6 months. It also looks like the Dr tried to match the natural angles he previously had where the hairs sort of splits away from each other near the temples.

image.png

image.png

image.png

I agree. Like i said. I dont see anything wrong with the angulation as it matches his natural hair angles. Also its too early to judge a result, and especially with so short hair style.