Touching up my hairline

Hello,

I had some work done and am going to get an additional procedure. I am super happy with the results and how quickly my hair grew back.

However, I feel like the hairline seems a little too unnatural. My friend mentioned it and sort of bothers me.

Any suggestions on how to make it seem more natural?

Thanks!

hairline3.thumb.jpg.a61796682f0cbafb27f88a730be67de3.jpg

The photo above is dry hair. The one below is wet. Thanks!hairline2.thumb.jpg.c0d33c72f11b2e520754ce71d5eefb2d.jpg

Edited by Needadviceplease

1 hour ago, Gatsby said:

I can see doubles appearing in the hairline. This is something that you do not want. Also as @BaldV stated you want more micro irregularities in the hairline design. All the best.

Can you point out the doubles? It was always planned for me to go back for a touch up. Thanks.

4 hours ago, Needadviceplease said:

Can you point out the doubles? It was always planned for me to go back for a touch up. Thanks.

If you want to go for a touch up select a different clinic this time. I had a similar issue. I had low density, poor hairline designing. When I contacted that particular clinic they told me that visit the clinic we'll do touchup. But didn't make the mistake twice. Putting doubles on the hairline, no micro irregularities certainly not acceptable.

1 hour ago, baddecisions said:

It's hard to understand how can you say 'I'm super happy with the results" while acknowledging that the hairline looks unnatural.

All the best with the repair!

I don't know if this fits OPs situation, but I imagine there is some catharsis from going from bald/heavily thinned/receded to a decent amount of hair like he has now, regardless if it looks right or not. 

• Like 1

12+ Months Finasteride + Minoxidil

3872 FUE w/ Dr Hasson | November 2022

2 hours ago, mister_25 said:

I don't know if this fits OPs situation, but I imagine there is some catharsis from going from bald/heavily thinned/receded to a decent amount of hair like he has now, regardless if it looks right or not. 

Actually it makes sense to some extent, but since I consider "having a natural result" and not "having some (or a lof of) hair in places you didn't have before" the key, makes it difficult to me to understand the previous statement.

But obviously, it's all about expectations and stuff.

You could get it finalised with a top up and make it look more random on the hairline to finish off. Looks fairly good though one more pass should do the job nicely. Just make sure you choose a surgery with a proven track record in refined hairline work. 

• Moderators

It's too much of a hard line of hair. You need some staggered hairs along the hairline. Something like this:

ScreenShot2023-10-15at6_38_51AM.png.1ee597d65f4c15f36de909404d870de3.png

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

• 4 weeks later...

Im not an expert but I would say, move the non single hair grafts in the front further back to fill in the density and replace it with thinner single hair grafts spread out across the front.

I don’t imagine many people wanting to do this.. so you can also add some thin single hairs to the front and use toppik to fill in density