Dr Bicer | 3610 Grafts | 2 October 2023

Jaz159

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone,

It’s been 4 months since my surgery with Dr Bicer.

I think it been a pretty good month. I can see hairs growing behind the hairline and in the crown which were troubled areas before. I also have the beginnings of small single hairs coming through in the hairline.

At the moment the density is lacking a bit but im hoping for a few strong months.

Also, I had a grade 1 haircut a week ago. Whilst it was noticeable that I’d had a hair transplant, the extraction pattern in the donor was so well homogenised (I think that the correct term 😉), that you wouldn’t really notice unless you knew I had a hair transplant beforehand.

I think I’m probably in a better position now than I was pre hair transplant, so it’s all positive from here!

Let me know what you think.

IMG_7306.jpeg

IMG_7305.jpeg

IMG_7308.jpeg

IMG_7307.jpeg

IMG_7302.jpeg

IMG_7301.jpeg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hey everyone,

5 month update since my surgery. Things are progressing well. There’s a good deal of coverage now, but still lacking density. Hoping that this improves over the coming months.

IMG_7482.jpeg

IMG_7484.jpeg

IMG_7487.jpeg

IMG_7483.jpeg

IMG_7485.jpeg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I am scheduled to get my transplant at Dr. Bicers clinic on August 21. They asked me to send $500 to initiate the booking which I did, but it went to Dr. Bicer and not the clinic. Is that how it works? The bank was like these normally go to a clinic and not a person so I was seeking some confirmation here from Dr. Bicer’s patients. Also, they asked me to send a passport copy, Is that normal too? 

• Administrators

Things are certainly progressing well for 5 months. Very exciting times 🙌A8A3F1D4-B485-4A67-80B3-20605B2198DC.jpeg

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 1 month later...

Hey everyone, it’s not coming up to 8 months since my surgery with Dr Bicer.

Quite happy with the result so far. In some areas at the front I hoped for more density but I’m hoping that this can be addressed alongside the crown in a second surgery, should I have sufficient donor.

Let me know your thoughts

IMG_7929.jpeg

IMG_7930.jpeg

IMG_7931.jpeg

IMG_7932.jpeg

IMG_7933.jpeg

IMG_7928.jpeg

IMG_7927.jpeg

IMG_7926.jpeg

5 hours ago, Jaz159 said:

Hey everyone, it’s not coming up to 8 months since my surgery with Dr Bicer.

Quite happy with the result so far. In some areas at the front I hoped for more density but I’m hoping that this can be addressed alongside the crown in a second surgery, should I have sufficient donor.

Let me know your thoughts

IMG_7929.jpeg

IMG_7930.jpeg

IMG_7931.jpeg

IMG_7932.jpeg

IMG_7933.jpeg

IMG_7928.jpeg

IMG_7927.jpeg

IMG_7926.jpeg

Wow, that's impressive. You seem to have a good donor for the crown intervention...

Posted (edited)

Would you be able to show some photos of your top with harsher lighting? It's hard to assess the result due to dim lighting in those shots.

Same light source as the crown shots would suffice (which appear to be under a natural light).

I certainly do think you have more donor hair left to do a 2nd procedure, but whether or not that will be enough for full coverage + address the low density in the front remains a question. I also noticed your crown dips quite low, even though it is not completely bald it is showing signs of miniaturization and this will unfortunately impact your available donor/safe zone.

image.thumb.png.369e72dfa9c8342aca5bf494858a0f5f.png

Edited by Ccd99
  • Consultation with Dr Bruno Ferreira - Nov 2023 - - link to thread documenting my pre-hair restoration journey
  • First surgery with Dr Bruno Ferreira - Sept 2024 -  - approx. 3500 grafts to frontal third - thread to be created
  • Second surgery with Dr Bruno Ferreira - TBD - - approx. 2500 grafts to mid-scalp and vertex - thread to be created

• Moderators

It's a big difference from where you were. I would probably do a small session for the crown just to get a bit of hair, so it's not so bald because it looks like your crown could really widen and dip a lot over the coming years. You don't want to end up with an island of hair in the middle of your crown with no donor left to fill in around it.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.