Opinions on these surgeons

ScottyM

Hi everyone looking for opinions on who is the best surgeon to go to for my first hair transplant.

1. Bisangw

2. Manish Mittal

3. Mwamba

4. Lupanzula

i have been hearing of Dr Kostis doing Bisangaa work now which I am now unsure of as I haven’t heard nor seen work with him.

Is Manish Mittal any good?

Thanks

S

• Administrators
2 hours ago, mrmane85 said:

Have you researched this forum and typed in each surgeons name? 

There will be a lot of information on each surgeon so you can compare. 

^ This, these are all good doctors with reviews. But researching them independently on this forum is critical.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

17 hours ago, mrmane85 said:

Have you researched this forum and typed in each surgeons name? 

There will be a lot of information on each surgeon so you can compare. 

Yeah but Mittal is a new name to me so was wondering how good he was.

Surgeon number 1  mentioned is quoting €6 per graft if Dr Kostis is not present which is a bit excessive in cost I have no idea why his prices are so high as opposed to before.

Edited by ScottyM
Spelling

On 9/30/2023 at 1:38 AM, ScottyM said:

Yeah but Mittal is a new name to me so was wondering how good he was.

Surgeon number 1  mentioned is quoting €6 per graft if Dr Kostis is not present which is a bit excessive in cost I have no idea why his prices are so high as opposed to before.

I don't personally know much about him either.

Do you have any pictures of your situation? 

There are some great surgeons available who are charging 4 euros per graft or less such as Pinto, Ferreira, Couto and Pekiner. You could look into these surgeons of you wanted more options. 

• Thanks 1

Bisanga is a surgeon that made it to the top of my initial list, he seems like a straight shooter from what people have said in their consultations and I like his results on Lower Norwoods / Surgeries with lower graft counts. 

No Opinion on Manish Mittal or Lupanzula. I have not read nearly enough cases to form a opinion worth anything

I originally really liked Mwambas work when I was first discovering picks for surgeons, but over the past year in my opinion the quality of his work and the communication between patient/doctor/clinic have been unacceptably poor. I've seen no growth, poor growth, shady behavior and poor communication associated with his name as of the past year/

12+ Months Finasteride + Minoxidil

3872 FUE w/ Dr Hasson | November 2022

26 minutes ago, mister_25 said:

Bisanga is a surgeon that made it to the top of my initial list, he seems like a straight shooter from what people have said in their consultations and I like his results on Lower Norwoods / Surgeries with lower graft counts. 

No Opinion on Manish Mittal or Lupanzula. I have not read nearly enough cases to form a opinion worth anything

I originally really liked Mwambas work when I was first discovering picks for surgeons, but over the past year in my opinion the quality of his work and the communication between patient/doctor/clinic have been unacceptably poor. I've seen no growth, poor growth, shady behavior and poor communication associated with his name as of the past year/

Yeah I am seriously considering Bisanga but I have been hearing a lot that it’s mostly tech and Dr Kostis that doesn’t it now so I’m now really sure why his clinic is so expensive if he isn’t really Doing much hence it might not be as good a result.

I am looking at Feriduni also who gets decent reviews.

Not sure of anyone in the U.K. or Turkey as good as Bisanga or Feriduni

I have heard techs do all the work for Ferdiduni as well and he only does the planning and incisions. But from what I read the techs have been with him for a long time and he seems to have good record and seems to genuinely care for the patients and results.

10 hours ago, ScottyM said:

Yeah I am seriously considering Bisanga but I have been hearing a lot that it’s mostly tech and Dr Kostis that doesn’t it now so I’m now really sure why his clinic is so expensive if he isn’t really Doing much hence it might not be as good a result.

I am looking at Feriduni also who gets decent reviews.

Not sure of anyone in the U.K. or Turkey as good as Bisanga or Feriduni

I don't believe that the introduction of Dr Kostis and these Techs is a rather recent/new thing for Bisanga and his team, what I am trying to say is if their results and their team were the one that delivered the results that ultimately impressed you and swayed you towards considering Bisanga as a top option, then its worth still considering him. Ultimately, having trust in the doctor you select is a extremely important thing to get you through your ugly duckling phase, if this is a deal breaker there are other surgeons that will fit your criteria.

In the UK I would say no one is on the level of Bisanga or Feriduni. In Turkey I would say Pekiner is a name that gets thrown around as a "equal" to Bisanga or Feriduni but whilst I find his results impressive, I wouldn't say he is as consistent as these two.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, mister_25 said:

I don't believe that the introduction of Dr Kostis and these Techs is a rather recent/new thing for Bisanga and his team, what I am trying to say is if their results and their team were the one that delivered the results that ultimately impressed you and swayed you towards considering Bisanga as a top option, then its worth still considering him. Ultimately, having trust in the doctor you select is a extremely important thing to get you through your ugly duckling phase, if this is a deal breaker there are other surgeons that will fit your criteria.

In the UK I would say no one is on the level of Bisanga or Feriduni. In Turkey I would say Pekiner is a name that gets thrown around as a "equal" to Bisanga or Feriduni but whilst I find his results impressive, I wouldn't say he is as consistent as these two.

I havent actually seen any poor Pekiner results yet, seems very consistent for the hairline

1 hour ago, HHH said:

I havent actually seen any poor Pekiner results yet, seems very consistent for the hairline

I’ve stumbled across a few (about two or three) cases of no-little growth on other forums dating back about a year or two. Still a solid choice as I said but this shakes my confidence in selecting him as a potential surgeon. For other surgeons like Bisanga and Ahmad I’ve actually had to really search for the poorer cases. 

I will say that I like him enough to consider him the only “good” option in Turkey.

@ScottyM Good to read that you are doing your due diligence and research and are covering all bases before making any final decision.

Just to clarify and to clear up any confusion regarding BHR, and this has been discussed on many previous threads also.
Dr. Kostis has been working alongside Dr. Bisanga every day for over 3 years now. For surgery that is performed by both Dr. Bisanga and Dr. Kostis, this will see the punching of grafts shared between both doctors. The making of all recipient sites that are responsible for design, density and direction, is performed solely by Dr. Bisanga. 

In terms of the role and responsibility of technicians, this has not changed since the clinic opened almost 20 years ago.
Technicians do not punch and technicians do not make recipient sites.

Protocols are in place with technicians having specific responsibilities to ensure that the team remain fresh and extremely focused creating the best environment to deliver consistently excellent results which includes two placing technicians to place simultaneously to ensure that your grafts are out of the body for as short a time as possible which is one key element of the results that the clinic achieve.

I wish you the very best with your onward research and eventual surgery.

All the best.

Edited by Raphael84
  • Like 2

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

On 10/2/2023 at 11:23 PM, mister_25 said:

I’ve stumbled across a few (about two or three) cases of no-little growth on other forums dating back about a year or two. Still a solid choice as I said but this shakes my confidence in selecting him as a potential surgeon. For other surgeons like Bisanga and Ahmad I’ve actually had to really search for the poorer cases. 

I will say that I like him enough to consider him the only “good” option in Turkey.

Fair enough, I haven't personally seen any bad ones yet. Have seen a few for Dr Bisanga and Ahmad, but that's in between absolutely loads of world class ones so wouldnt let it put me off personally... no surgeon has a 100% success rate as we know.

26 minutes ago, HHH said:

Fair enough, I haven't personally seen any bad ones yet. Have seen a few for Dr Bisanga and Ahmad, but that's in between absolutely loads of world class ones so wouldnt let it put me off personally... no surgeon has a 100% success rate as we know.

I have been looking for these cases for Bisanga and Ahmad. Can you message them to me?

2 hours ago, HHH said:

I've yet to see a poor result from Dr Ahmad.

22 hours ago, mister_25 said:

I have been looking for these cases for Bisanga and Ahmad. Can you message them to me?

This was one but it's been deleted or removed. This has happened a few times now when someone has posted a worse than expected result, very suspicious if you ask me😏

When I say a few I meant for both- 1 each over the last few years so definitely wouldn't let that deter you, I'd say they are about as safe as it gets.

Screenshot (39).png

19 hours ago, mrmane85 said:

I've yet to see a poor result from Dr Ahmad.

The one I've seen is from the guy with a birth mark, can't find it now. Was definitely posted on this forum though.

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor

@ScottyM

If budget isn't an issue than look at dr munib ahmad who is producing excellent results consistently and he does all the steps himself.

If budget is around 3 to 5 euros per graft than look at dr Ferreira ,dr couto ,dr de freitas ,dr pinto , dr heinicke , 

• Like 2

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

8 hours ago, A_4_Archan said:

@ScottyM

If budget isn't an issue than look at dr munib ahmad who is producing excellent results consistently and he does all the steps himself.

If budget is around 3 to 5 euros per graft than look at dr Ferreira ,dr couto ,dr de freitas ,dr pinto , dr heinicke , 

I have never heard of him but I will give him a look thanks. What does he charge?

• Valued Contributor
15 minutes ago, ScottyM said:

I have never heard of him but I will give him a look thanks. What does he charge?

His charges are based on individual's condition and the number of grafts required...but i think he charges somewhere around 30k euros 

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

16 hours ago, A_4_Archan said:

@ScottyM

Great suggestion here by @A_4_Archan
Also, from your list I would pick Dr Lupanzula.

• Like 2