Reality check

I remember reading everywhere that 'a cure was just 5 years away' back when I started researching hair loss in 2008. Finally got my transplant in '22 and set my mind at ease :D 

Act today, miracle cures are nice to dream about, but you've only got now. 

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor
2 hours ago, StillAlive said:

I remember reading everywhere that 'a cure was just 5 years away' back when I started researching hair loss in 2008. Finally got my transplant in '22 and set my mind at ease :D 

Act today, miracle cures are nice to dream about, but you've only got now. 

Five years seems to be the magic number. I first heard this since 1985 and every five years there after. 😂

• Haha 2

• Valued Contributor
44 minutes ago, Gatsby said:

Five years seems to be the magic number. I first heard this since 1985 and every five years there after. 😂

This is what the magic is all about ...those 5 years magically can take 50 years to complete 

Or as we both often say to other patients "its a long waiting game my friend and patience is the key

😂😂

Edited by A_4_Archan
  • Haha 2

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

@Turkhair,

To be honest, I’ve been hearing that a hair loss cure is about 3 to 5 years away for about 40 years. They’re still saying the same thing. As close as the researchers say they are getting, there still doesn’t seem to be a light at the end of the tunnel so to speak. That said, thankfully today’s top surgeons have advanced surgical hair restoration, especially FUE and can provide men suffering from hair loss with exceptionally dense and natural looking results.

Now, your statement about having to go to Turkey to obtain a top-notch hair transplant… I’m not sure where you’re thinking on that one originates but be careful. While there may be some decent hair transplant surgeons in Turkey, Turkey is a hotspot for botched hair transplants and other cosmetic procedures.  The inexpensive price is typically what lures individuals there, but please just be careful and do your due diligence in researching all surgeons you are considering.

Best wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant

Edited by Rahal Hair Transplant

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

There's no hope for a cure until we have more than a tentative grasp on what actually causes balding. How exactly is it that DHT effects that hair follicle? No one knows. How does inflamation effect the hair follicle? No one really knows. How exactly does blood flood effect the hair follicle? No one really knows. 

• Administrators

The only real cure is medication and surgery. You look at guys like @Zoomster and @HugoX these basically cured their hair loss. But it’s with surgery. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

2 hours ago, Rahal Hair Transplant said:

@Turkhair,

To be honest, I’ve been hearing that a hair loss cure is about 3 to 5 years away for about 40 years. They’re still saying the same thing. As close as the researchers say they are getting, there still doesn’t seem to be a light at the end of the tunnel so to speak. That said, thankfully today’s top surgeons have advanced surgical hair restoration, especially FUE and can provide men suffering from hair loss with exceptionally dense and natural looking results.

Now, your statement about having to go to Turkey to obtain a top-notch hair transplant… I’m not sure where you’re thinking on that one originates but be careful. While there may be some decent hair transplant surgeons in Turkey, Turkey is a hotspot for botched hair transplants and other cosmetic procedures.  The inexpensive price is typically what lures individuals there, but please just be careful and do your due diligence in researching all surgeons you are considering.

Best wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant

Uhmm I don’t need hair transplants anymore THANK GOD for that! 

This topic is a joke about how we all hoped a cure is right around the corner and then wake up and find yourself on the surgeon’s table getting operated on for a HT 😂

Thanks for the heads up though