2600 grafts FUE with Dr.Couto

Youth_Again

4 minutes ago, Youth_Again said:

I’m not super satisfied with the density yet. I still have more than 6 months to go still tho, will see 

I'm not an expert on transplants, and it could be part of the "illusion" talked about in the forum, because it's really difficult to cover such an area with 2600 grafts.
I'm writing because I'm also before a hair transplant and I'm interested in how it should look. I didn't get to see a hair transplant from a premium clinic, only Turkey...

18 minutes ago, Son Guko said:

I'm not an expert on transplants, and it could be part of the "illusion" talked about in the forum, because it's really difficult to cover such an area with 2600 grafts.
I'm writing because I'm also before a hair transplant and I'm interested in how it should look. I didn't get to see a hair transplant from a premium clinic, only Turkey...

I guess the fact that I have longer hair behind the transplanted hair doesn’t help first of all. 
also most hair are multiple and I feel like some still need to thicken and grow. 
I still need to wait more before giving a final judgement. 

Could you please show us some photos with high quality / flash / zoom in.

Zoomed out photos are never a good sign. Your design looks fantastic, but If you’ll let us see better photos we could share our honest opinions 

7 minutes ago, TonTon said:

Could you please show us some photos with high quality / flash / zoom in.

Zoomed out photos are never a good sign. Your design looks fantastic, but If you’ll let us see better photos we could share our honest opinions 

I will cut my hair shorter on the top and take some zoomed pictures for the 6 months update. 

• Like 2

I don't know if it's just the lighting, but the density in the 5 month pics already looks incredibly strong, and growth is definitely still on its way. Can you see the disconnect between transplanted and native hairs yourself?

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, HHH said:

I don't know if it's just the lighting, but the density in the 5 month pics already looks incredibly strong, and growth is definitely still on its way. Can you see the disconnect between transplanted and native hairs yourself?

I can see a disconnect. My native hair are just so much thicker and denser. 
I feel like the transplanted hair are starting to blend in slowly tho. 
will keep waiting and see..

i will be uploading pictures tomorrow 

Edited by Youth_Again

• Valued Contributor
On 3/5/2024 at 11:06 PM, Youth_Again said:

I’m not super satisfied with the density yet. I still have more than 6 months to go still tho, will see 

The initial 6 to 8 months is a phase of hair growth, that is the new hairs will continuously keep on sprouting. The density of your hairs starts to increase in the later half, from 8 to 18 months. Therefore, you are just beginning the phase where your hairs will start to mature and become denser. 

• Like 1

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

19 hours ago, Youth_Again said:

I can see a disconnect. My native hair are just so much thicker and denser. 
I feel like the transplanted hair are starting to blend in slowly tho. 
will keep waiting and see..

i will be uploading pictures tomorrow 

Ok buddy, guess it looks different to the pics then because you have that 'wall of hair' look in the ones you posted.

• 5 weeks later...

You'll need a second pass to achieve your desired density. 2,600 grafts for that area was never going to visually match your native density in the area behind your newly established hairline.

• Sad 1

2500 FUE by Dr. Victor Hasson, June 2023

14 minutes ago, Chrisno said:

You'll need a second pass to achieve your desired density. 2,600 grafts for that area was never going to visually match your native density in the area behind your newly established hairline.

That’s some bad news… I voiced my concerns to Dr.Couto. Let’s see what he answers 

Posted (edited)

I think it looks pretty good…. Maybe a tad “pluggy”…? But you’re still only 7 months. Could it be the lack of singles? I know you were worried about that early on. You’ve dark hair and pale skin, too. More difficult to get soft results, from what I understand… 🤷🏻‍♂️

Edited by Otis james

20 minutes ago, Otis james said:

I think it looks pretty good…. Maybe a tad “pluggy”…? But you’re still only 7 months. Could it be the lack of singles? I know you were worried about that early on. You’ve dark hair and pale skin, too. More difficult to get soft results, from what I understand… 🤷🏻‍♂️

I believe a problem I had is that my donor didn’t have many single soft hair… 

he mentioned most my donor was thick double to multiple follicules. Maybe it does impact on the hairline? Might not allow dense packing? 

let’s wait 5 more months and see but if it stays the same I definitely would want a touch up

1 hour ago, Youth_Again said:

I believe a problem I had is that my donor didn’t have many single soft hair… 

he mentioned most my donor was thick double to multiple follicules. Maybe it does impact on the hairline? Might not allow dense packing? 

let’s wait 5 more months and see but if it stays the same I definitely would want a touch up

Hey Youth_Again, Dr couto made similar comments regarding me, not many soft hairs for the hairline, so he had to go lower into the donor, just wondering if you have spoken to anyone at the clinic yet, and if so, what they have advised? 

20 minutes ago, Diff-thinner said:

Hey Youth_Again, Dr couto made similar comments regarding me, not many soft hairs for the hairline, so he had to go lower into the donor, just wondering if you have spoken to anyone at the clinic yet, and if so, what they have advised? 

He called me this morning.

he wants me to provide more pictures when hair are wet and combed back. Also he said that it is too early to say, need to wait until month 10 before any conclusion.

he mentioned very high contrast between my hair color and skin color. And mentioned that worst case scenario I may need a touch up of 200-300 grafts. 
also mentioned that I had a lot of quadruple that sometimes take time to mature. 

patience will tell… 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, Youth_Again said:

Thanks, I’m just bit concerned on the hairline density, I can’t have my hair backwards because of that…

Can you show a clear photo of your hairline right after the scabs removal, before shedding? It helps predict how things will turn out

Edited by TonTon

8 minutes ago, TonTon said:

Can you show a clear photo of your hairline right after the scabs removal, before shedding? It helps predict how things will turn out

I don’t even think I have any 

1 hour ago, Youth_Again said:

Thanks, I’m just bit concerned on the hairline density, I can’t have my hair backwards because of that…

Just curious, does it sit normally otherwise? Like if you wanted to wear it down in a fringe it'd do that? Just know a few people who've had HTs and reckon the transplanted hair always has kinda a wave or kink in it, so they basically have to wear it up

2 minutes ago, 4Godot said:

Just curious, does it sit normally otherwise? Like if you wanted to wear it down in a fringe it'd do that? Just know a few people who've had HTs and reckon the transplanted hair always has kinda a wave or kink in it, so they basically have to wear it up

I can wear them down like a French crop or fringe no problem. Density looks excellent 

doctor told me to brush my hair twice a day to fix that wavy kink look and train them. I apparently missed that 😅

2 minutes ago, Youth_Again said:

I can wear them down like a French crop or fringe no problem. Density looks excellent 

doctor told me to brush my hair twice a day to fix that wavy kink look and train them. I apparently missed that 😅

Huh interesting, very good to know! Are you pretty happy with the rest of the transplant (apart from hairline)?