Input Requested Regarding The Potential Recommendation of Dr. Mani Mittal London, UK

Melvin- Admin

• Administrators
As most of you know, we request input from our community and our recommended physicians before we approve any physician for a recommendation. We invite you to review the below information about Dr. Mani Mittal and his results and to post a reply with your opinion. You can also message us privately if you prefer. 

Dr. Mani has many admirers on this forum, mainly because of his results and positive patient reviews. His quality, case presentation, and results have been top-notch.  

We are now considering him for a potential recommendation- this requires that he meet our strict community standards of performing ultra-refined follicular unit grafting with consistently high yields and excellent results. We expect our surgeons to be able to not only dense-pack quality follicular unit grafting but also have the capacity and staffing to transplant thousands of follicular units daily. 

Our recommended physicians must operate transparently and be held publicly accountable, knowing that their patients may come to our forum and review them right after surgery. Transparency builds trust and accountability, which is the foundation for credibility. That is why our list of recommendations is unlike any other on the internet. We use the collective wisdom and input of the entire community.

Why we Feel Dr. Mani Mittal is worthy of recommendation. 

Dr. Manish Mittal has become a sought-after surgeon, being at the forefront for celebrities, Ultra High Net-worth individuals, and those seeking natural, long-lasting results done discreetly.

Known to his patients as Dr. Mani, he focuses on one patient per day. He feels this gives him total control over the procedure in a non-rushed format. He prides himself on participating in every aspect of the procedure, from extracting the grafts, the incisions, and the implanting. He is hands-on throughout.

Dr. Mittal's philosophy is simple: All patients should have a surgeon-led treatment plan, and the surgery should be performed by the surgeons and not delegated to technicians. He tailors his treatment plans for each patient, so no patient is put on a cookie-cutter treatment plan, and he rejects 70-80% of patients who enquire initially for a hair transplant surgery. This can be because they are too young and have yet to try any stabilizing medication, their hair loss is too aggressive, or they have unrealistic expectations of what a single surgery can yield in terms of outcomes. He will always conduct a detailed medical consultation and, where possible, recommends visiting him in person before surgery to properly evaluate donors and mark treatment areas so that patients and the surgeon's vision of what can be achieved are congruent.

Coming from a surgical background, although seemingly counter-intuitive, he truly believes surgery should only be considered a last resort. He will ensure all other non-surgical options have been discussed and trialed in appropriate patients before patients embark on the hair transplant journey.

Dr. Mittal has become one of the most consistent surgeons, particularly in the U.K., where low-cost hair mills pop up daily. He has performed over 2000 procedures, has considerable experience in FUE, and does less FUT now.

His work is conservative where needed and more aggressive in select cases.

On average, he does procedures over a day, a maximum of 2200-2500 grafts in a single session. This leaves patient parachutes and plenty of grafts in the bank should they need further surgery.

He is noticing a trend as more females want a transplant, which has become 10% of his caseload, from eyebrows to lowering hairlines.

For eyebrows, he offers completely unshaven FUE and can do a maximum of 1000 grafts of unshaven fue in a session.

There has been a surge in poor outcomes in the U.K. and a spike in repair cases from some of the more budget clinics springing up all over the U.K.

He has attended several hair transplant conferences and uses the best technology in class.

As always, we learn through our collective knowledge and experiences. I look forward to hearing your input and feedback.

View Dr. Mani's Instagram HERE, which contains several high-quality videos of his work. Also, check out his website HERE.

Patient Reviews 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Valued Contributor

The work I've seen looks really nice, it must be said.

Personally I think the admissions system would benefit from a forum Q&A with a Dr who has applied, so we can ask them specific questions in advance of making a decision, especially where some information isn't yet known about the Dr & his work.

Some Q's I'd personally want to find out before giving a thumbs up would be:

1. What is the largest FUE case you have performed on a single patient (over multiple surgeries)? We're now seeing a number of surgeons hitting upwards (and sometimes more than!) 10,000 grafts from scalp, and often in combination with beard grafts where additional donor resources are needed. Do you also use beard hair where needed?

2. What sort of repair work are you coming across and do you have many cases where you've had to take a hairline back up to a more appropriate height for a patient? What techniques/approach do you use to minimise visible scarring in such cases? With the boom of HT's, there inevitably going to be a boom of bad ones, so repair work is going to be on the rise and become an area of specialty.

3. Hair type and hair loss notwithstanding, what sort of density per cm2 do you ideally like to aim for in the frontal third if possible?

4. What is your standard protocol where a patient's results haven't turned out as expected? Every top clinic will have cases that haven't quite turned out as well as hoped; in such circumstances, what is your philosophy/approach?

Not sure if you'd be open to putting those Q's to Dr Mani @Melvin- Moderator, but would be great to know these sorts of things first. He looks an exciting addition to the UK HT market!

• Like 3

• Administrators
13 minutes ago, Berba11 said:

The work I've seen looks really nice, it must be said.

Personally I think the admissions system would benefit from a forum Q&A with a Dr who has applied, so we can ask them specific questions in advance of making a decision, especially where some information isn't yet known about the Dr & his work.

Some Q's I'd personally want to find out before giving a thumbs up would be:

1. What is the largest FUE case you have performed on a single patient (over multiple surgeries)? We're now seeing a number of surgeons hitting upwards (and sometimes more than!) 10,000 grafts from scalp, and often in combination with beard grafts where additional donor resources are needed. Do you also use beard hair where needed?

2. What sort of repair work are you coming across and do you have many cases where you've had to take a hairline back up to a more appropriate height for a patient? What techniques/approach do you use to minimise visible scarring in such cases? With the boom of HT's, there inevitably going to be a boom of bad ones, so repair work is going to be on the rise and become an area of specialty.

3. Hair type and hair loss notwithstanding, what sort of density per cm2 do you ideally like to aim for in the frontal third if possible?

4. What is your standard protocol where a patient's results haven't turned out as expected? Every top clinic will have cases that haven't quite turned out as well as hoped; in such circumstances, what is your philosophy/approach?

Not sure if you'd be open to putting those Q's to Dr Mani @Melvin- Moderator, but would be great to know these sorts of things first. He looks an exciting addition to the UK HT market!

Great suggestion, I’ll ask Dr. Mani to post a reply. I believe he’s got an account here. Either way, I’ll get the answers to these good questions.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• Valued Contributor

They're actually excellent questions to ask @Berba11. I think repairs and female cases are an important ability for an elite surgeon to have under their belt. I really like how Dr Mani rejects a good number of cases for good reason. The industry needs more of this along with surgeons who frequent many educational conferences like Dr Bicer, etc. I'd just like to see Norwood 6 results.

• Like 3

• Administrators

Dr. Mani Mittal’s response to the questions you posed @Berba11

”1. To Answer these questions, I’m extremely selective on who I take on as a patient, where patients have unrealistic expectations of what a ht can truly achieve. I educate and politely decline.  I tend to limit my grafts to 2200-2500 grafts per session. The emphasis should be on graft uptake. I try to mitigate ongoing hair loss by continued use of medication. I’ve only ever done 6000 grafts through 3 sessions. I’m dabbling with beard and chest hair in more advanced norwoods. Currently we have 5 patients who have volunteered to allow me to test longevity of beard and chest hair as they are more advanced norwoods which would be appropriate to gauge long term survival. I expect to have an answer in the next 5 years. Please note the texture of beard, chest and body hair is often different to scalp hair. Studies have also sited the importance of dht in body hair, so if you are on meds like finasteride there is a chance that dht levels reduce and thus viability of of body hair transplant. 

Often to achieve “higher graft numbers” doctors will ask their team to split grafts. We trim our grafts for a more refined follicular unit but I don’t split grafts to increase graft count. 

We have also dabbled in unshaven FUE currently offering a maximum of 1000 grafts in a single session. It is a long drawn out process for both the patient and my team. 

2. In terms of repair work, absolutely you are right there is a massive rise, and often it’s in patients who are advanced Norwood’s with decimated donor areas. Where hair lines are more pluggy, I tend to use electrophoresis which is time consuming and usually requires more than one session to remove the bulkier grafts placed in hair lines. This limits scarring from doing FUE to a hair line. I would also suggest at this point it is imperative to assess donor areas. Although removing bulkier grafts is a possibility, if all the angles are ruined then sadly we decline patients, as the risk of high level scarring to areas which are visible to the scalp in plain site would be catastrophic. If a hair line has been positioned incorrectly and donor is sufficient generally electrophoresis followed by FUE to place refined hair follicles and if improvement to density required look for multiples in the donor area to place in areas of lighter density. 

3. This is a question I get asked a lot. What is your graft/sqcm. It varies but it varies from 30-50 per sq/cm depending on hair type, colour of skin, colour of hair, course/fine hair etc. 

With graft/sq/cm it’s about creating an illusion. In my practice the minimum expectation is to get patients to have an illusion of near natural density’s particularly if only frontal 1/3 areas required with conservative hair line approach. 

4. I really like this question. I think doctors should be transparent. And one of the reasons I limit the number of grafts is because things can go wrong. I’ll give an example, I did a patient in April, and after he left the clinic he got into a cab and when arriving to his destination he grazed his head along the surface of the taxi whilst leaving. Although I had mentioned to be cautious of this. He sadly developed an infection on one side. This chap is in and out of the country constantly. He had to come back and see me weekly so could clean and wash the wound that had developed. 5 months post op he has good growth at present, but things can go wrong. In terms of my surgical cases I have less than a handful of cases where patients have needed a couple hundred grafts where uptake was not as expected. This is done on a complimentary basis but subject to their truely being lighter density. Hence the importance of a consultation in setting expectations with patients realistically.”

• Like 7

View my thread

• Valued Contributor
6 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Dr. Mani Mittal’s response to the questions you posed @Berba11

”1. To Answer these questions, I’m extremely selective on who I take on as a patient, where patients have unrealistic expectations of what a ht can truly achieve. I educate and politely decline.  I tend to limit my grafts to 2200-2500 grafts per session. The emphasis should be on graft uptake. I try to mitigate ongoing hair loss by continued use of medication. I’ve only ever done 6000 grafts through 3 sessions. I’m dabbling with beard and chest hair in more advanced norwoods. Currently we have 5 patients who have volunteered to allow me to test longevity of beard and chest hair as they are more advanced norwoods which would be appropriate to gauge long term survival. I expect to have an answer in the next 5 years. Please note the texture of beard, chest and body hair is often different to scalp hair. Studies have also sited the importance of dht in body hair, so if you are on meds like finasteride there is a chance that dht levels reduce and thus viability of of body hair transplant. 

Often to achieve “higher graft numbers” doctors will ask their team to split grafts. We trim our grafts for a more refined follicular unit but I don’t split grafts to increase graft count. 

We have also dabbled in unshaven FUE currently offering a maximum of 1000 grafts in a single session. It is a long drawn out process for both the patient and my team. 

2. In terms of repair work, absolutely you are right there is a massive rise, and often it’s in patients who are advanced Norwood’s with decimated donor areas. Where hair lines are more pluggy, I tend to use electrophoresis which is time consuming and usually requires more than one session to remove the bulkier grafts placed in hair lines. This limits scarring from doing FUE to a hair line. I would also suggest at this point it is imperative to assess donor areas. Although removing bulkier grafts is a possibility, if all the angles are ruined then sadly we decline patients, as the risk of high level scarring to areas which are visible to the scalp in plain site would be catastrophic. If a hair line has been positioned incorrectly and donor is sufficient generally electrophoresis followed by FUE to place refined hair follicles and if improvement to density required look for multiples in the donor area to place in areas of lighter density. 

3. This is a question I get asked a lot. What is your graft/sqcm. It varies but it varies from 30-50 per sq/cm depending on hair type, colour of skin, colour of hair, course/fine hair etc. 

With graft/sq/cm it’s about creating an illusion. In my practice the minimum expectation is to get patients to have an illusion of near natural density’s particularly if only frontal 1/3 areas required with conservative hair line approach. 

4. I really like this question. I think doctors should be transparent. And one of the reasons I limit the number of grafts is because things can go wrong. I’ll give an example, I did a patient in April, and after he left the clinic he got into a cab and when arriving to his destination he grazed his head along the surface of the taxi whilst leaving. Although I had mentioned to be cautious of this. He sadly developed an infection on one side. This chap is in and out of the country constantly. He had to come back and see me weekly so could clean and wash the wound that had developed. 5 months post op he has good growth at present, but things can go wrong. In terms of my surgical cases I have less than a handful of cases where patients have needed a couple hundred grafts where uptake was not as expected. This is done on a complimentary basis but subject to their truely being lighter density. Hence the importance of a consultation in setting expectations with patients realistically.”

Thanks Melvin. I like that Dr Mani seems to have quite stringent standards for who he will take on as a patient & the extent of the work he will do in single sessions. 

His approach to repair work differs from other Doctors (such as Feriduni), which is interesting and gives an alternative approach for patients to consider & I like his answer to my last question about standing by a patient if things haven’t quite worked as well as hoped. 

Seems like he’d be a good addition to the Recommended list & would be good to get to follow his work more closely through the forum. 

Cheers!

• Like 1

• Administrators
4 hours ago, Shams said:

Some of the Pictures of Dr. Mani's patients it looks as if the temporal areas need more hair there.

Shams

Do you mean temple peaks? 

View my thread

• Administrators
4 hours ago, JC91 said:

This is really good to see, I had a consultation with Dr Mani last week and it was really informative and helpful.

Mulling over what to do. Interested to see what others think.

That’s good to hear, I was impressed by how thorough he is when I spoke with him.

View my thread

• Administrators

Dr. Mani prefers to use these grafts in the hairline. Patient selection is essential. He prefers a consecutive approach when it comes to temporal peaks. 

View my thread

I can’t recommend Dr Mani highly enough. I had a procedure done with him in November last year and am so pleased with the results so far. He was always very open and honest with me about what kind of result to expect and what could be achieved which has been mentioned a few times here and feel that’s so important for a procedure like this. This was one of the main reasons I chose him for my surgery. 

Great experience for me from Start to finish, definitely one of the best out there at what he does 

• Like 1

• Administrators
29 minutes ago, morro2235 said:

I can’t recommend Dr Mani highly enough. I had a procedure done with him in November last year and am so pleased with the results so far. He was always very open and honest with me about what kind of result to expect and what could be achieved which has been mentioned a few times here and feel that’s so important for a procedure like this. This was one of the main reasons I chose him for my surgery. 

Great experience for me from Start to finish, definitely one of the best out there at what he does 

Great results, mate. Would you mind updating us here? Would love to see how your hair is looking now. 

View my thread

How long has he been practising for, and where did he train? Quite a few of his cases do look pre-written/ have that advertisement feel to them.

Edited by HHH
Accuracy

10 hours ago, HHH said:

How long has he been practising for, and where did he train? Quite a few of his cases do look pre-written/ have that advertisement feel to them. I have seen a couple of failures (think they've been posted elsewhere) but I guess every surgery has them

To suggest there have been failures it is a very throw away remark. Please evidence this. As above he has already answered where density has not been obtained he does do complimentary top ups. I’m yet to see an outcome which would constitute a “failure”. 

Good evening,
In May of 2021, I visited Dr. Mani to undergo FUE hair transplant.
I have to say, from start to finish Dr. Mani was amazing.
He went through everything with me, and put me totally at ease.
In the build up to the day, I was getting a bit nervous, as you read some terrible reviews of this process, but this is mainly where a patient has gone to a below standard clinic.
As soon as I arrived at Dr. Mani’s clinic, it was clear, Dr. Mani, his team and the clinic were of the highest standards!!!
During the day, the mood was chilled and his team were constantly talking to me, checking I was ok and thoroughly looked after me.
Before leaving the clinic, Dr. Mani and his team went through the whole aftercare process, so I left feeling I had all the info I needed, including the doctors direct phone number, should I need him and to keep him posted with regular photos and updates.
After over 2 years since the procedure, I can say I am over the moon with the results and have already recommended to other people to go with Dr. Mani.
100% recommended!!!!

Thanks Dr. Mani. 👍

IMG_5857.png

IMG_7391.jpeg

IMG_6570.jpeg

IMG_7592.jpeg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Nelly said:

To suggest there have been failures it is a very throw away remark. Please evidence this. As above he has already answered where density has not been obtained he does do complimentary top ups. I’m yet to see an outcome which would constitute a “failure”. 

Yeah fair enough, probably could have phrased it better. I'll dig them out and will send them over to you tomorrow afternoon when I'm at my computer. 

If density is poor however, I would suggest that does constitute a failure, as that's the whole point of having the op!

1 minute ago, HHH said:

Yeah fair enough, probably could have phrased it better. I'll dig them out and will send them over to you tomorrow afternoon when I'm at my computer. 

If density is poor however, I would suggest that does constitute a failure, as that's the whole point of having the op!

“The whole point of having the op” are you serious?

Have you seen some of the before and afters that Dr Mani has produced?

If there was ever an issue with density after a procedure, I would take a guess that there Dr Mani was working with a severely affected area, where the density is never going to be 100%. 

Dr. Mani is the best, but he isn’t able to perform unrealistic miracles!

41 minutes ago, Barry Pirrie said:

“The whole point of having the op” are you serious?

Have you seen some of the before and afters that Dr Mani has produced?

If there was ever an issue with density after a procedure, I would take a guess that there Dr Mani was working with a severely affected area, where the density is never going to be 100%. 

Dr. Mani is the best, but he isn’t able to perform unrealistic miracles!

I'm not specifically talking about Dr Mani here, but yes, if you have very poor density after an op, which isn't sufficient to provide the illusion of hair, then I would say its been a failure. Don't think that's a controversial statement

• Administrators

Without evidence or proof, these remarks aren’t useful to the community. 

View my thread

20 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Great results, mate. Would you mind updating us here? Would love to see how your hair is looking now. 

Yeah sure, this is just shy of 10 months post op. Currently taking 2.5mg of finasteride every 3 days. 

F0416FA0-CB9E-451C-9773-820CF2213A57.jpeg

186C46B3-4418-4F23-8EAD-2D3BF2E2863E.jpeg

3504CE76-2D5D-4AB6-BC6B-3E3DDF7E0992.jpeg

2ED555F7-4E3A-4492-B91D-1FF358625D17.jpeg

62CC137B-1FDD-4384-9924-6859C2763547.jpeg

• Like 2