My 3rd FUT and very happy so far :)

3 days post op with Dr. Scott Alexander out of Phoenix. My initial plan was to fill in my crown but…… the Doc and my wife convinced me to wait on the crown.

Reasoning to do this made sense as my frontal third and mid section( even after 2 previous FUT’s) was still thin!

There were many things that impressed me with Dr Alexander and his team, from the professional environment to the rotation of new techs each hour ( techs transplanted the grafts to the sites).

Previous centers had the same 2 techs implanting all the grafts which  in my opinion can lead to fatigue thus inhibiting the process.

Im excited to see the growth!

Well done Biltmore Hair Surgical!

IMG_5303.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Betterhair said:

Countless hours of research:)

The countless hours of research, you spent looking for a surgeon in that area or a good surgeon? Because if that’s the first answer, it’s wrong.

Sutures removed , grafts are nice and cozy in their new home. Can’t wait to see my new hair blossom beyond belief in a few months.

My Doctor ( Scott Alexander) called me yesterday for an update. I informed him that my swelling this time was not as extreme as the previous go around. He further instructed me on additional post op care and wants pics 6 months from now. 
So the waiting game begins……

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, Turkhair said:

How many grafts was this and how much did it cost?

2500 grafts at $4.50 per graft. This clinic also utilizes Acell which ensures two things: follicular growth and enhanced healing. I’m already seeing some new growth which is impressive for 2 months out which I attest to the use of Acell.

• 4 weeks later...
8 hours ago, niteynite said:

You chose a great doctor. Someone I can attest to, twice. Month six will be mind-blowing.

For sure… I’m coming up on month 3 and  new hairs are coming in all over the place. My strip scar is virtually non existent too. I will most definitely go back to this doctor and his team was phenomenal…. Very professional:)

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators
On 10/12/2023 at 5:35 AM, Betterhair said:

Here are a few pics. I’m 11 weeks post op. Lighting not the best. 

IMG_5457.jpeg

IMG_5456.jpeg

Did you get a lot of shock loss? Can you post a picture of how you looked after your 2nd FUT?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I will have to get the pre op pic( 3rd FUT) from the clinic. Shock loss very minimal.

Regarding my 3rd FUT , I initially went in to have my crown done but upon further review and suggestions per the doc and my wife, they convinced me to add density to the front, especially since my right side after my 2nd FUT did not take very well and the hairline could use additional grafts.

I also opted to go with a different surgeon on the 3rd FUT since there were a few issues with one of the techs on my 2nd FUT

$35,000 later after 3 surgeries, I am at the point to enjoy having my hair back.

Its been very frustrating at times :(

I have also been on oral finasteride for 1 year now and believe it is stabilizing my crown. If this 3rd FUT comes through nicely ( from what I can tell, its on track), then I would consider one final surgery on the crown.

This last clinic was very professional, as they should be, considering the expense.

Will try to get that pic.

• 3 weeks later...

More pics under bright lighting. I’m 5 months and 1 week post op. Just had first haircut to blend new hair. I normally don’t wear short hair but this had to be done.

So at 5 months the rule of thumb is 50% left to come in and then one has to factor in the maturity timeline of the hair shaft itself.

Im pleased with the progression thus far and looking forward to additional growth and maturing :)

IMG_5682.jpeg

IMG_5685.jpeg

IMG_5683.jpeg

IMG_5688.jpeg

• Like 1