Dr. Wong 5800 grafts

hairshare

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

M1A1, not sure how long or wide the strip was but I will find out.

John2009, I actually have been following your case. I am currently taking proscar. I think your end result will be better than mine for three reasons; you had more grafts, you had more hair to begin with, and you didn't have as many singles as I had. I believe I had about 2100 singles or something like that which was supposed to be a record # of singles. So yeah, you're in for a ride icon_smile.gif

Phxind, I am very happy with the results. I live on the east coast in the states and after seeing the results that H&W produce every single time, distance was not an issue for me. I said to myself if I am going to go get something like this done, I am going to go to the best, period.

I am actually going in for some more work, about 1500 grafts or so to thicken up the front. Dr. Wong said I have great laxity so I should be ok if I need more work in the future. I told Dr. Wong that I would be ok with going into the "unsafe" zone as there are no NW 6+ in my families and I am on the proscar, but he said it isn't necessary. I will keep everyone posted.

Amazing transformation. Was wondering when you started to growth and when did it actually explode?

I don't see the need for additional work, maybe some pics of what your concerned about.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Wong

715 grafts at Bosley, 2004

3238 grafts by Dr.True, Mar 2008

3393 grafts by Dr. Wong, Jul 2009

Hi alwayswaiting1, thanks for the kind words! I don't need more work per se but would like a bit more density and if I have the grafts to use and still have enough for the future, I am willing to do it. I will try to provide some more pics to illustrate. I didn't have an explosion phase, for me it was actually very gradual. It wasn't until maybe the 8th month where things started to look really good. But hang in there, it'll come!

At a bare minimum, I am going back to have a section of my scar revised. Long story short, I had a hematoma develop and Dr. Wong is willing to fix the scar area free of charge! Talk about service, the folks at H&W have met and exceeded all of my expectations. I know it sounds corny but I don't think the clinic just restores hair, they change lives.

hairshare,

You should be able to add photos to your existing album by clicking on the "edit" icon and adding the photos. Just be sure each photo is less than 500K in size.

Your strip was actually quite long and quite wide. In fact, it had to be in order to get the large number of grafts that were harvested. Given the number of grafts you received, your average donor hair density was approximately 69 FU/cm2, a little below average.

Best wishes,

Bill

Thanks Bill, looks like my pics are now up. I took them about 30 min after washing my hair so let me know what all of you think.

As for being belw average on the density, that's odd, Dr. Wong and the techs told my I had amazing donor density. Oh well. I wonder how many more grafts I have available if I need it..........Let me know your thoughts on the pics everyone. Thanks!

hairshare - fantastic results. This is very impressive and I appreciate the shots from multiple angles. What a great transformation!

M&M

1662 with Dr. Ron Shapiro - Spring 2006

1105 with Dr. Ron Shapiro - Fall 2009

M&M Weblog

hairshare... I'd be ecstatic if I were you. Truly incredible. Don't rush into another procedure.... enjoy what you got now!

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

Thanks Aaron1234! I am scheduled to see Dr. Wong on Nov 2nd. At bare minimum, I am coming in to have an area of my scar revised which Dr. Wong has offered to do free of charge. I developed a hematoma in an area and the scar in that area is a bit wider than the rest so I would like that fixed. But when I see Dr. Wong I will ask him simply what improvements can be made without compromising the future. If he can do something for me to improve my hair without me being at risk than I am more than willing to do it icon_smile.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Hairshare, you look great! I bet people you haven't seen in a while hardly recognize you.

Can you post a before pic of the back of your head?

I am just curious of how much hairloss in the crown and also how far down the back of your head.

I bet you sing Dr Hassons name everyday!

I wish you the best, but then again you got it!

Johnny4hair