Kiwi log. Eugenix 4333 grafts

• 3 months later...

9.25 months 

Hi team HT. You all know the story, I’ve been busy with life. Trying to push on through. Chin up. 

I feel like the temples and crown are doing alright.

Im terribly anxious about the frontal area and top. No matter how I style my hair I can always see scalp. Example attached.

It doesn’t look like I’ve had 3000 grafts from Cooley AND a Eugenix HT 😅

IMG_4862.png

IMG_4863.png

IMG_4864.png

IMG_4864.jpeg

Edited by kiwidan
  • Like 1

-------------------------------------
700 graphs is never enough! 

Collection of useful links (profiles etc): https://bit.ly/3JC2xwS

• Administrators

Im not seeing scalp in the frontal third. I think it looks great. Are you on any meds?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

17 hours ago, Melvin- Admin said:

Im not seeing scalp in the frontal third. I think it looks great. Are you on any meds?

Yep. 1mg propecia 3x week. Any more and my nuts hurt terribly AND stop working.

Zoomed in for you. You can see my scalp under a thin fringe and behind that a combed over flap of hair. 

IMG_4864.jpeg

• 1 month later...
Posted (edited)

10.5 Months - Different angles 

I'm very anxious right now. I feel like I'm going to need another transplant, hide under my cap, or need to shave it down to a number that obscures my FUT scar. Fingers crossed my 10.5 - 12.5 months make a big enoiugh of a difference (frontal) where I don't need to worry about that. 

Note my graft positioning was as follows:

Frontal - 1680
Temples - 360
Mid - 720 
Crown - 1572

Considering that I already had 3000 grafts in the frontal region from Jerry Cooley... I'm nervous. 

WhatsApp Image 2024-03-31 at 12.54.27.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2024-03-31 at 12.54.30.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2024-03-31 at 12.54.31.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2024-03-31 at 12.54.32.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2024-03-31 at 12.54.33 (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2024-03-31 at 12.54.34 (1).jpeg

Edited by kiwidan
textual reasons

• Administrators

How did it look before? Do you have similar angles.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

42 minutes ago, Melvin- Admin said:

How did it look before? Do you have similar angles.

Here you go.  

These are indicative but unfortunately we don’t have good before pics showing us the hollow in the middle. 

Either way I don’t feel like my journey is complete. 

1693dde3-b6d6-4f3e-9fa8-7e8c356790b3.jpeg

fd413d9b-c177-4230-afc6-f41804dce707.jpeg

523b2198-f060-445f-ab09-98dd3f69cd94.jpeg

75baeabf-6afd-4cd1-9b83-d4d94e86af50.jpeg

d8a6a0c5-f24a-41f2-a8ce-d829986ea820.jpeg

Posted (edited)

You'll probably have to max out your donor to get fuller coverage.  Simple as.  I'm in the same boat but older (57) and doing another 2K to fill in behind hairline into middle of scalp (after 8.8K grafts).  You could take dutasteride & oral minox to keep your donor strong.  You probably need higher DHT protection.  Good luck.

Edited by jjsrader

55 minutes ago, jjsrader said:

You'll probably have to max out your donor to get fuller coverage.  Simple as.  I'm in the same boat but older (57) and doing another 2K to fill in behind hairline into middle of scalp (after 8.8K grafts).  You could take dutasteride & oral minox to keep your donor strong.  You probably need higher DHT protection.  Good luck.

Got a link to your profile.

And if you’re in the same boat how do you style your hair. I live in the windiest city in the world and it’s killing me!!! 

I’d kill for topical Dusteride. And maybe I’ll just have to suck eggs and do a low dose of oral min and deal with puffy eyes? 🤷‍♂️

• Administrators

Looks like it’s definitely improving. I would suggest combing it to the side, to provide maximum illusion of density.

• Like 1

View my thread

It seems to me the longer hair coming from the less dense area is pulling the hair away from where it needs to be to create illusion. As Melvin said styling to side might improve that.

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, kiwidan said:

Got a link to your profile.

And if you’re in the same boat how do you style your hair. I live in the windiest city in the world and it’s killing me!!! 

I’d kill for topical Dusteride. And maybe I’ll just have to suck eggs and do a low dose of oral min and deal with puffy eyes? 🤷‍♂️

Find the optimal hair length for illusion of density - use the shingling effect of combing to the side.  Use protein-enhanced shampoo & try some hair volumizing powder or something similar.  I found that dyeing my hair a bit darker than my normal brown/auburn color (dyed now to very dark brown or espresso) helps.

Finally, I had my entire balding zone & scars filled in w/by Mark Weston (a form of scalp tattoo that is deeper and more permanent than regular light SMP).  Mark's retired now.

I'm doing another 2K later this month for behind hairline & center midscalp.  That'll take me up to 10.5K and I have not ruled out another final FUE of hopefully 1K from scalp.  Might do FIT farming w/beard hair into scalp hair & place the scalp hair donor into recipient area.  If not I may scatter 1K up to 2K beard hair over mid scalp and towards the crown.

I've used dutasteride since 2003 and before that finasteride since 1998.  Worked my way up to 30% rogaine lotion over 25 years before switching to oral minox about 5 years ago. 

If your family history is strongly balding & your personal genetics are to lose all your hair on top and crown - all you can really do over 30-40 years is slow it down & keep the donor strong and healthy until you are out of donor.

My hair looks very normal now w/the permanent tattoo & darker hair color and I keep my hair length at 5.5 months of growth on top and front for maximum fullness appearance. 

Try and make peace that to most people you look like you have hair as you grow older - alot of people that are not hyper focused on hair see the framing effect of a frontal hairline and 'coverage' throughout scalp without a noticeable bald spot and say to themselves - oh, he's a guy w/hair.  Simple as.  It's like 95% of people.

The other 5% will be hyper critical - but nothing you can do about them.  It's just their nature. 

I wore hats/caps/bandanas alot w/a full head of hair & after my 1st hair restoration surgery at age 23 - I still do. 

Personally, I did all this just for me so I didn't see a 'bald' head in the mirror each day. 

Coverage is a good thing - it's never enough for us, but at a certain point you accept thinning (but w/hair) or you max out your donor & then you concede that you have done everything you could do & make peace with it.

Personally if I were you I would finish off your limited donor w/a very skilled surgeon in the U.S. or in Europe because if you decide to have another 1-2 surgeries you'll really need a low transection rate & a surgeon w/a good eye for giving you most visual coverage w/limited donor grafts.   Sure it will cost more, but it's towards the end of the road - make a wise choice if you go that route & then live w/the outcome.

Just my 2 cents.

Edited by jjsrader
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, OleBaldy said:

It seems to me the longer hair coming from the less dense area is pulling the hair away from where it needs to be to create illusion. As Melvin said styling to side might improve that.

19 hours ago, Melvin- Admin said:

Looks like it’s definitely improving. I would suggest combing it to the side, to provide maximum illusion of density.

Yes agree with both of you. These pics aren’t how I style my hair but to illustrate the density of over 4000 grafts (mixture Cooley + Eugenix). 

I definitely see improvements from my Eugenix surgery. I look better from all angles - except maybe above 😂

12 hours ago, jjsrader said:

Find the optimal hair length for illusion of density - use the shingling effect of combing to the side.  Use protein-enhanced shampoo & try some hair volumizing powder or something similar.  I found that dyeing my hair a bit darker than my normal brown/auburn color (dyed now to very dark brown or espresso) helps.

Finally, I had my entire balding zone & scars filled in w/by Mark Weston (a form of scalp tattoo that is deeper and more permanent than regular light SMP).  Mark's retired now.

I'm doing another 2K later this month for behind hairline & center midscalp.  That'll take me up to 10.5K and I have not ruled out another final FUE of hopefully 1K from scalp.  Might do FIT farming w/beard hair into scalp hair & place the scalp hair donor into recipient area.  If not I may scatter 1K up to 2K beard hair over mid scalp and towards the crown.

I've used dutasteride since 2003 and before that finasteride since 1998.  Worked my way up to 30% rogaine lotion over 25 years before switching to oral minox about 5 years ago. 

If your family history is strongly balding & your personal genetics are to lose all your hair on top and crown - all you can really do over 30-40 years is slow it down & keep the donor strong and healthy until you are out of donor.

My hair looks very normal now w/the permanent tattoo & darker hair color and I keep my hair length at 5.5 months of growth on top and front for maximum fullness appearance. 

Try and make peace that to most people you look like you have hair as you grow older - alot of people that are not hyper focused on hair see the framing effect of a frontal hairline and 'coverage' throughout scalp without a noticeable bald spot and say to themselves - oh, he's a guy w/hair.  Simple as.  It's like 95% of people.

The other 5% will be hyper critical - but nothing you can do about them.  It's just their nature. 

I wore hats/caps/bandanas alot w/a full head of hair & after my 1st hair restoration surgery at age 23 - I still do. 

Personally, I did all this just for me so I didn't see a 'bald' head in the mirror each day. 

Coverage is a good thing - it's never enough for us, but at a certain point you accept thinning (but w/hair) or you max out your donor & then you concede that you have done everything you could do & make peace with it.

Personally if I were you I would finish off your limited donor w/a very skilled surgeon in the U.S. or in Europe because if you decide to have another 1-2 surgeries you'll really need a low transection rate & a surgeon w/a good eye for giving you most visual coverage w/limited donor grafts.   Sure it will cost more, but it's towards the end of the road - make a wise choice if you go that route & then live w/the outcome.

Just my 2 cents.

Appreciate this. I’ve always considered my self to be a slow balder - especially compared to some of the other chaps here.

What I can do immediately is go from 1mg Fin 3x a week to daily. I’ll give it a whirl. 

In terms of your HT surgeon suggestions, why would you personally not choose Eugenix given their recent track record. 

Aside from graft survival in frontal (I’ll reserve full judgement at 12 months) I only wonder if some grafts were placed at interesting angles - I feel like there’s a cluster of fringe hairs facing the wrong angle. I’m not picking but if I can’t talk about it here where can I.

3 hours ago, kiwidan said:

I look better from all angles - except maybe above 

I also think that from the top view wise it looks like that area can be improved. Give it two more months, there can be some more improvements. Do you've any plans for touchup ?