Kintor announced phase II results

FUEtile

12 minutes ago, FUEtile said:

Theres been a bunch of hype on cosmeRNA but I think pyrilutamide is gonna be a safer bet

https://en.kintor.com.cn/news/245.html

isnt pyrilutamide allready avaliable through compounding. I dont know what is so earth shattering about using an anti androgen to treat male pattern baldness. Obviously it will work, but brings all the risks on blocking androgen with it. 

Please correct me if i am wrong

4 minutes ago, shiba1985 said:

isnt pyrilutamide allready avaliable through compounding. I dont know what is so earth shattering about using an anti androgen to treat male pattern baldness. Obviously it will work, but brings all the risks on blocking androgen with it. 

It’s supposed to not cause the same sides cuz it’s not stopping DHT it’s blocking the androgen receptors 

19 minutes ago, FUEtile said:

It’s supposed to not cause the same sides cuz it’s not stopping DHT it’s blocking the androgen receptors 

You can stop the formation of DHT or you can block the DHT binding to the receptor. The end result and the sides will be the same. It is not like it will only block the androgen receptor in the hair follicle. Any little bit of it that gets absorbed and becomes systemic will block the androgen receptor in your genitourinary system as well.

Edited by shiba1985

6 hours ago, FUEtile said:

Theres been a bunch of hype on cosmeRNA but I think pyrilutamide is gonna be a safer bet

In theory the mechanism for cosmerna is way stronger acting, as will be GT20029. Because an antiandrogen will always have to compete with androgens, such as the super potent DHT, and not many antiandrogens can outcompete DHT. However if you knock out the androgen receptor altogether (through stopping its creation aka cosmerna, or through destroying it aka GT20029), there is no competition.

It's a bit like if there was a battle and there were an army of 100 tanks, an antiandrogen would be like bringing your own 100 tanks to fight them. They still have to fight it out.  COSMERNA would be like stoping the enemy tanks from being there in the first place. I guess GT20029 would be like a precision guided attack by some A10 warthogs from above 🙂

Of course this is just the theory. How well these drugs work on the population at large remains to be seen. It is extremely doubtful cosme will knock out all the androgen receptors on the scalp or I think we would see some kind of amazing transformations in the study. But even if it knocks out maybe 40 to 60 % of ARs this may be comparable to finasteride perhaps. Which I think is the goal really. If it can do this without significant systemic spill over, and therefore without side effects, it will be a major win. I'm guessing the reason the dose chosen was indeed chosen was it was a balancing act of getting strongest effect with minimal to no side effects.

I think the consensus is GT20029 May be stronger...but perhaps there may be a higher risk of side effects therefore. But that's pure conjecture on my part.

In practice you may be right. The data for pyrilutamide looks very promising. Part of the problem I can see is a very small study sample size for cosmerna. 

Combining the two products may give very good results I'm guessing.

I'm just glad we may finally be leaving the age where finasteride is a must.

🙂

Edited by Follicle1984

Winlev/CB-03-01  is also a DHT receptor blocker. I had high hopes in it because they claimed that when it goes systemic it turns into a inactive metabolite.

That was a bunch of horse crap. I used prescription winlevi 1% fo 3 days and had the worst testicle pain I have ever felt from any of these drugs.

And this was made in America, prescribed legit product.

Of course, I probably used more than the pea-sized amount they recommended for acne, so I probably overdosed, but the claim that it turns into an inactive metabolite is false; whatever it does when it becomes systemic beyond the scalp is still blocking androgen receptors.

I am saying this to say, I am very skeptical of any drug company that says their drug will only target dht receptors or enzymes only in the scalp. 

• Administrators

For what its worth, Dr. Vaño believes cosmeRNA will be more effective than pyrilutamide. Although, the studies seem to be better for pyrilutamide. CosmeRNA had a loophole being a cosmetic. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 1 month later...
On 5/16/2023 at 4:54 AM, shiba1985 said:

No, the grey market. Also, it is generally well-tolerated, with the most common adverse events being localised, such as contact dermatitis.