2173 grafts Dr Konior

Beamerboy

I’m an occasional visitor to this forum but have enjoyed whatever I’ve read. I felt it was my responsibility to briefly share my experience. I had a 2173 graft FUE with Dr Konior this week  

A bit about myself - I’m probably a NW III with a partial vertex ( per Dr K). I have contemplated restoration for about 2 years after a friend commented on my hair loss and left me embarrassed. 
After a brief search I zeroed in on Dr K through some help from the forum. I never consulted any other surgeon. After a few initial email exchanges I could tell he’s a thorough professional who loves his art and not a businessman. I can also tell because I’m an MD Myself. We finally got a date in April after multiple delays. 
my experience with him was exactly as how others have described. He gives you his gestalt but then leans on you to make his final plan. Ultimately he puts you first. 
he was involved in every part of the procedure from start to finish including buzz cutting you. a thing I’ve not heard others mention in the forum was a comment he made that my donor area was exceptionally good (strong/dense/thick/heavy etc) and stated it is similar to a much high implant number then someone with thinner donor hair. I’m not sure if others hear this or could it be a thing he said to make me feel good about my future result. 
he also saw me post op day 1 even though he was on vacation. 
I will share pre and post soon. Keeping fingers crossed. Just need to get through the first 4 months of ugliness. 

• Like 2

Keep us posted on your progress.  "Spring15" asked about the cost per graft. I'm curious as well. 

• Like 1

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

He did not quote me a price based on no of grafts but I suspect it’s 15$ each for FUE and 10$ each for FUT. We were initially planning on FUT but he later said FUE can give you similar if not better results with fast recovery and no scar. I’m basing the above numbers based on the prices he quoted me for the 2 surgeries. 

• Administrators

You’re choosing one of the best in the business. He’s right about FUE healing faster and being on par with FUT.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I'll post pics soon. The reason I haven't yet is because I don't have them myself. Dr K took multiple pics with original hair, hair cut with guard finally with the 0 buzz cut - each with target area markings. I asked the staff and they said Dr K will email them to me. 

13 minutes ago, Beamerboy said:

There is no second procedure. It's one and done.

never think like that. People who were 10+ years or 20+ years on hair system after failed HT have come back here for 2nd procedure updates/queries. Anyways it is something way down the road as being a nw3 and getting a HT, means it should last you a good amount of years until you need 2nd procedure. ( if you are on meds/starting on meds that is).

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Beamerboy said:

I'll post pics soon. The reason I haven't yet is because I don't have them myself. Dr K took multiple pics with original hair, hair cut with guard finally with the 0 buzz cut - each with target area markings. I asked the staff and they said Dr K will email them to me. 

waiting for pics. its konior so its going to be good. But lets wait for pics to pass opinions.

1 minute ago, duckling said:

never think like that. People who were 10+ years or 20+ years on hair system after failed HT have come back here for 2nd procedure updates/queries. Anyways it is something way down the road as being a nw3 and getting a HT, means it should last you a good amount of years until you need 2nd procedure. ( if you are on meds/starting on meds that is).

Wise words. I believe the OP means “one and done” in the sense that this procedure should fill all he wants filled for now, and give him the desired appearance. But he can’t rule out the possibility of further thinning.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Beamerboy said:

He did not quote me a price based on no of grafts but I suspect it’s 15$ each for FUE and 10$ each for FUT. We were initially planning on FUT but he later said FUE can give you similar if not better results with fast recovery and no scar. I’m basing the above numbers based on the prices he quoted me for the 2 surgeries. 

I heard Konior's price is roughly a 35k flat fee regardless of FUT vs FUE and how mnay grafts! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, stephcurry30 said:

I heard Konior's price is roughly a 35k flat fee regardless of FUT vs FUE and how mnay grafts! 

Just send him an email and he can tell you. He is as professional as it gets and I’m sure he will reply back.  Just know he’s not in it for money. 

On 4/21/2023 at 6:13 PM, stephcurry30 said:

Just send him an email and he can tell you. He is as professional as it gets and I’m sure he will reply back.  Just know he’s not in it for money. 

Need some tips from fellow HT folks. I’ve been advised to sleep in a recliner/incline angle for 2 weeks (min 1 week). So far this has been the hardest part of recovery. I can barely sleep an hour or 2. Any tips or suggestions that others have done will be appreciated. 

4 hours ago, Beamerboy said:

Need some tips from fellow HT folks. I’ve been advised to sleep in a recliner/incline angle for 2 weeks (min 1 week). So far this has been the hardest part of recovery. I can barely sleep an hour or 2. Any tips or suggestions that others have done will be appreciated. 

wow that sounds rough. Maybe a wedge pillow? Do you have bad swelling or why do you have to do this?

13 hours ago, Beamerboy said:

Doesn't Konior prescribe you Diazepam

Melvin created a great video about how to sleep after transplant. 

• Like 2

On 4/22/2023 at 12:13 AM, stephcurry30 said:

He charges a day rate regardless of FUT or FUE. It also isn't based on number of grafts. My second surgery was more expensive than the first, but involved less grafts.

Can confirm it isn't always the 35k flat-fee, however. I think he will base the rate on the complexity of the case and the amount of work necessary for that day.