Should I worry before in person consultation?

Hi,

I have completed Dr. Bisanga's questionnaire in order to hear his opinion and start consultation.

I heard back from his clinic that I have diffuse thinning and he only takes in person consultations.

I read here people saying that diffuse thinning is the worst and usually clinics reject patients with it, since the chances for success are low.

Photos were also sent to Dr. Feriduni and he shared his uncertainty due to possible DUPA, but said an in person consultation is needed(though the first available slot is November 2024!).

My question is, should I even bother flying to Belgium for consultation with Dr. Bisanga? I do not take any meds.

20230306_233116.jpg

20230306_233244.jpg

No I would not bother.

Bisanga doesnt really do many potential high norwoods.

He will easily turn you down. Without meds he certaintly will.

Zarev & Pitella the 2 best for your situation.

Yeah it is true many clinics will turn down diffuse thinning. Bicer is another you could consider

• Valued Contributor

I would agree to hairman22 ...bisanga would most probably reject you....can we know what is the reason you are avoiding meds? And i this situation dr zarev and dr pittela will be your best bet imo....look no further than them...

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

• Administrators

I think seeing a surgeon in person is essential, whether Bisanga accepts you or not.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

@A_4_Archan i haven't taken any meds since I read the results are questionable, and I don't know if the side effects are worth the results who are not conclusive.
I thought about topical minoxi in the past, but I read that it is dangerous for pets which I owned. Sadly, I don't own a pet anymore so might start with topical minoxi but I don't know if it really helps regrowth.

• Valued Contributor
14 minutes ago, james blonde said:

@A_4_Archan i haven't taken any meds since I read the results are questionable, and I don't know if the side effects are worth the results who are not conclusive.
I thought about topical minoxi in the past, but I read that it is dangerous for pets which I owned. Sadly, I don't own a pet anymore so might start with topical minoxi but I don't know if it really helps regrowth.

Its not that results are questionable .people do get quite good results through meds...and its not that evryone will face side effects ...most of the people easily tolerate meds and evn if you face some issues than you have the option to stop it...side effects are not permanent ones...still thats just my opinion ..you can think about it and thn take your decision and you can consult a good surgeon as well..even if you have a surgey and will not be on meds than imo you will continue loosing ur native hair and you will be in the same situation soon...so keep that in mind..to make a surgery successful you need to stop your progressive hairloss 

As far as dr bisanga goes..he would most probably going to reject you..imo he is straight forward and honest surgeon and his opinion is always worth taking so am not sayin you should not do personal consultation with him..if you can afford it than you should but keeping in mind that he would most probably going to reject your candidature.....

Edited by A_4_Archan

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

You can get Finasteride quite cheap online. I’m in the UK and it’s less than £60 for 6 months supply on some sites. I’d recommend that you get it, take 1mg per day and see how it goes. Not everyone has side effects, but like @A_4_Archan said, if you sides you just stop and they go away. 

• Like 1

Hi James, not sure who you are in contact with at BHR or your age etc but you have fine hair and a lot of diffused thinning across the top of the scalp and also the crown is losing quality and lustre and signs of miniaturisation also that will lead to loss.

Donor cannot see DUPA from these photos so probably supplementary ones were sent via emails but for sure we need to be honest on what we see and ideally medication is the first port of call to stabilise loss and not be chasing it, and more so if you commit to a hair transplant. 

Please feel free to communicate with your advisor at BHR If you have any questions but certainly think you need to think twice before committing to any surgery based on these photos and as said I am not sure of your age. 

We don't reject due to challenge per se as we take on a lot of repair cases also but will be truthful if surgery is not the best option for you based on age, loss potential, donor capacity, meds etc. Just make sure you understand loss potential and what your donor will give once it is assessed for density and miniaturisation etc and if it will give enough to reach your goals.

Sincerely all the best in your research. 

• Like 3

I represent Dr. Bisanga.

Dr. Christian Bisanga is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network

Diffuse thinning is terrible in the donor, but if it’s in the regular Norwood balding area then it’s not necessarily worse than recession. The main challenge is in implanting hairs without killing native ones.

However, you have a large thinning area. If you’re not on meds, I wouldn’t bother with a transplant necessarily, as you may just end up right back where you started once the natives fall out