Could this be considered DUPA (Diffused Unpatterned Alopecia)

sonicqwe

Seems i have thinning hair on donor area. Could this be considered DUPA?? If yes, is there any treatment i can make?

I was considering going for an hair transplant, but after seing thin hairs on this area think its not the best idea.

IMG_20230414_014858.jpg

Not sure if it's DUPA but it's definitely diffuse thinning. Need a picture from the back. If it's the same as the sides then it's definitely not a good good idea to get a transplant. My sides are also diffused and my actual donor area in the back is also thinning although much less than the sides. I went to see Bisanga who said my donor area is a little below average and he recommended that I take oral minoxidil to help strengthen the donor as well as the hair in general before he'd consider me for surgery.

You could try taking both oral min and finasteride if you aren't already to strengthen your hair then consider surgery in six months. How is your father's and other relatives' hairloss? If they still have the donor then I think you can still consider a transplant. If their donors gone then I'd definitely give medication a couple of years. 

Edited by TheDarkHour

I was thinking on hair transplant, but after seing miniuatirized hair on donor area, think not the best time to avance for an hair transplant right and bet on meds like fin and minoxidil. I already was on meds before, but after a while i stop. I see i really cant stop and have to be commited if i wanna see the full efect of meds on my hair.

About relatives, from my father sides no cases. But from my mother side, one uncle has alopecia. Dont know about grand father since he died young.

Will send a few more photos.

Thanks for the opinion.IMG_20230118_191754.thumb.jpg.551fa13ed60f54e5c20484bc5d868358.jpgIMG_20220926_184700.thumb.jpg.fb9aadbebc28cf9cf8b2d2d845fa1d41.jpgIMG_20230415_192430.thumb.jpg.b6dda059dfe434f0bd9fe95a9a26e714.jpg

IMG_20221031_163639.jpg

Edited by sonicqwe

• Administrators

It looks like DPA to me. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Humm... then same as you @Melvin- Moderator isnt it?? i Will go on meds to see how it goes and then see if hair transplant is needed.

Im following Dr Pitella cases, since he has really good results on high Norwood cases. Think i maybe reached 6 or 7, but with thin hair on donor area think Im not suitable for hair transplant at this moment.

After seing so many sucessful results like yours and others like @Zoomster, i have to give another try.

Your donor's definitely thinning, though towards the top and centre it looks better.  I'd probably give meds a go for at least a year. Also does your uncle still have the donor area? If he does I doubt you'd lose your entire donor region. How old are you?

I think you have a NW7 pattern, and the thinning you are seeing in your donor area is retrograde alopecia starting to become more aggressive - creeping up towards leaving you with the small strip across the middle of the occipital region of your head, as seen in a classic NW7 pattern. 

• 4 weeks later...