2700 Grafts FUT led by Doctor Damkerng Pathomvanich (March 17, 2023)

Henry

I just finished an online consultation with Dr Path, and am now torn between FUE alone or combined FUE/FUT. The combined technique will reduce the thinning on the donor area but I'm concerned on the scar, and pain during recovery.

Dear Henry, do you mind to show the picture of the scar as you are probably 8-9 months post surgery. Can you shed some light during the recovery, do you suffer much from pain and discomfort?

3 hours ago, romeo_gent said:

I just finished an online consultation with Dr Path, and am now torn between FUE alone or combined FUE/FUT. The combined technique will reduce the thinning on the donor area but I'm concerned on the scar, and pain during recovery.

Dear Henry, do you mind to show the picture of the scar as you are probably 8-9 months post surgery. Can you shed some light during the recovery, do you suffer much from pain and discomfort?

The scar completely eliminates the flexibility of choosing a shorter hair style, but it's basically a non issue if you choose to wear your hair longer. My scar didn't turn out great, i think it's a little to thick but Ill go Fut still if i had to do it all over again. I'll attach one very noticeable pic of it with my hair short and one now where i couldn't even find where it is

I chose Fut because one, i could still have a lot more donor hair in the future if i needed an ht, and two, dr. Path and his team specializes in the FUT technique. 

In terms of recovery, the first month really is the worst of it. There was a little bit of pain in the first 2 days but nothing i couldn't handle, i didn't even take the pain killers he gave me after the first day. I can walk around no problem, but the worst of it is the anxiety of thinking about too much of the scar, not bending down too much, not lifting heavy or, after maybe 2 months i just didn't care. 

20231110_224556.jpg

20230703_100758.jpg

Thank you Henry for your swift response and being so helpful.

I wish my hair is as thick as you. Mine is quite fine and I don't know I can cover it even with longer hair.

I'm my age is a lot older than you (I'm late 40s), I think I will most likely going for FUE. Did you use any of your beards for donor? I'm considering that but heard some commented that beards has shorter lifecycle than hair and may not grow as long.

Besides Dr Path, I also consulted Eugenix which their main selling point is FUE-DHI and Dr Ratchathorn from Absolute. 

The other factor confused me is that Dr Path thinks that I need 2 sessions and both eugenix and Dr Ratchathorn think I'm good with only 1 session. (although all 3 clinics are aiming for 4000+ grafts). 

I was told that I'm NW4/5 so I'm more coverage than you.

46 minutes ago, romeo_gent said:

Thank you Henry for your swift response and being so helpful.

I wish my hair is as thick as you. Mine is quite fine and I don't know I can cover it even with longer hair.

I'm my age is a lot older than you (I'm late 40s), I think I will most likely going for FUE. Did you use any of your beards for donor? I'm considering that but heard some commented that beards has shorter lifecycle than hair and may not grow as long.

Besides Dr Path, I also consulted Eugenix which their main selling point is FUE-DHI and Dr Ratchathorn from Absolute. 

The other factor confused me is that Dr Path thinks that I need 2 sessions and both eugenix and Dr Ratchathorn think I'm good with only 1 session. (although all 3 clinics are aiming for 4000+ grafts). 

I was told that I'm NW4/5 so I'm more coverage than you.

People should just use beard donor as a last resort. If the doctors say you still have enough donor hair in your scalp, use that first.  

I didn't use beard hair in my transplant though, and regarding Dr Path saying you needed 2 sessions. I don't know the exact reasons and I'm just guessing here, but he might have just been going for the conservative approach, or it could also be that hes not as good with higher norwoods. I've seen people make that statement before in here. 

I think it really just depends on the hair type and the when it comes to results with this proven doctors.

An FUE at your age is a little bit more favorable though since you are probably done balding, but i wouldn't be 100 percent sure about this, I've heard accounts of some people progressing in their 60s and 70s to higher norwoods.

It's important to note too that I'm maintining this hair with propecia and oral min. Medication is equally as important.

4 hours ago, Rawkerboi said:

I hope this is not your last update coz I am pretty excited to check how your hair looks after 12 months 

I can now reasonably pull off different hairstyles that i could only dream of 1 to 5 years before. I'm trying to grow my hair out like really long to see of it looks good. 20231019_050851.thumb.jpg.c31c45e3bd31c9447382e24b32e1fb09.jpg

20231031_221944_resized.thumb.jpg.25871963bc303c35ea7e519605873267.jpg

Edited by Henry

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators
4 hours ago, Henry said:

Here's the hairstyle that I'm trying to pull off at the moment, 9 months post HT.

20231230_062852.jpg

Wow incredible 🤯

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 3 months later...

1 year, I tell you, these transplanted hairs are very wiry, and are much thicker than my native hairs at top, would probably have a second pass in the years to come just because of hair greed but over all pretty happy.

20240425_015712.jpg

20240425_020810.jpg

20240425_021046.jpg

• Like 1