Does masturbation affect hair grafts after surgery

• Sunset Dune changed the title to Does masturbation affect hair grafts after surgery

we do not recommend sexual intercourse or masturbation for the first 10 to 15 days after hair transplantation. There are multiple reasons for this. First, because both sex and masturbation are physical activities. That’s why our body gets tired and we sweat along with it. Especially in the first weeks, it is necessary to take great care not to sweat the hair roots. The newly planted roots cannot fully adhere, and this negatively affects the recovery process of our candidates after the operation. For this reason, we recommend for a successful result that all kinds of sexual activities should be avoided especially in the first 10 to 15 days.

In addition to sweating, the hormones that are secreted by our body during sexual activities and the effort we spend are also among the factors that negatively affect the results of hair transplantation.

2 minutes ago, Sunset Dune said:

we do not recommend sexual intercourse or masturbation for the first 10 to 15 days after hair transplantation. There are multiple reasons for this. First, because both sex and masturbation are physical activities. That’s why our body gets tired and we sweat along with it. Especially in the first weeks, it is necessary to take great care not to sweat the hair roots. The newly planted roots cannot fully adhere, and this negatively affects the recovery process of our candidates after the operation. For this reason, we recommend for a successful result that all kinds of sexual activities should be avoided especially in the first 10 to 15 days.

In addition to sweating, the hormones that are secreted by our body during sexual activities and the effort we spend are also among the factors that negatively affect the results of hair transplantation.

That sounds like a general internet post, you’re own clinic would have its own guidelines for “sexual activity” etc after a transplant.

It’s always been 7-14 days on average, even the above says first 10 days, well you was day 9 which isn’t going to make any difference.

I mean, its a genuine question and I fully understand his concearn since some clinics require you X days without sexual activity. Since he is 9 days post op I doubt it would even influence a tiny bit of it as usually the period for the grafts to be anchored go from 7 to 10 days. 

That being said, even if he did it imediatly post transplant unless in the "proccess" he touched the grafts on to anything it would have 0 impact. 

• Administrators

Alright guys,

I don’t want to be a party pooper but lets try and be professional. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Valued Contributor
22 hours ago, Sunset Dune said:

Need advise please someone respond Im 9 days post op and I masturbated on the 9th day after my surgery did I compromise my grafts and final result 

Your hair will be fine but you're almost certainly going to hell now.

• Like 1