Hello, I have seen some signs of recession with my hairline at the age of 18. It matured really quickly thus made me look much older than I am. My forehead is now pretty large plus have minor recession on my temples.

I am struggling with deciding to go to a hair transplant or not. It's hard for me to do activities without bringing a hat because I just feel so self conscious about it. If I have my hair down it'll either blow back or you can see my forehead through hair strands.

It's just a tough decision. I have been doing som research and came to a deciding factor to choose Dr Yaman if I went through with the transplant, as any other hair transplant place in turkey is either a hair mil or a place that won't take me because of my age. I just wanted a boost in the right direction.

Should I do the hair transplant? Should I wait? Is Dr Yaman a good choice if I went with a hair transplant? Please help me if anyone could. Here is some pictures of my hair, wet and dry. Thank you for whoever helps me :)

Dry:

24F0AE78-5610-4A60-849F-464D83DB8E10.thumb.jpeg.caf20961bdf350b859f683c597577279.jpeg456C51D5-798C-4216-A2C3-BFB70CCA41EB.thumb.jpeg.3bd5d0e10f586f84d52cfdd3dea5cdec.jpeg2F619584-C6E3-43EA-B052-8951CC90C5D9.thumb.jpeg.03bc35ecd3f4d098e646b78b8f0fea23.jpegE2533574-8D5E-45B4-A0E6-48E1BF395333.thumb.jpeg.4e2b1eb5a84b2f374532bd1c2b5bb78e.jpegF9D2ABC4-077C-49FD-947C-22DEAA8F9369.thumb.jpeg.e35e96bcf1a589cac92120e40f8e8b7e.jpeg

Wet:

463282A7-DA61-41AB-9FA2-101F0A3322BC.thumb.jpeg.013ab020c65b49a6a871595956b3c640.jpegE857985E-BE90-483F-85EA-42773641EF38.thumb.jpeg.590c242776fd2107e1f56023cca2a3f6.jpegDD4D3D49-B04B-4E3F-BF96-98A61F83F8C5.thumb.jpeg.4010910947dadcb7d9ccf33db68c13d5.jpeg

Wait till you'll be near 30, HT right now will only cause damages and grief

Doron Harati - Patient coordinator for HDC Hair Clinic, HT procedures are done by MD Doctors with Microscope FUE.

For consultation contact me: WhatsApp +972526542654

Mail:doronhdc@gmail.com

HDC Instegram: https://instagram.com/doronhairadvisor_hdc?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

* All comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice, all comments are only the personal opinions of the poster.

It’s an awkward one, isn’t it. This lad is young and wants to look his best at an important age. I agree with people that you are too young, but can’t help wish there was more help for younger lads….. 

however, I think it’s really important that you ask a very experienced and well regarded doctor their opinion. They will be honest with you and, ultimately, know a lot more than us on here….

Edited by Otis james

• Valued Contributor
5 hours ago, vinixee said:

Hello, I have seen some signs of recession with my hairline at the age of 18. It matured really quickly thus made me look much older than I am. My forehead is now pretty large plus have minor recession on my temples.

I am struggling with deciding to go to a hair transplant or not. It's hard for me to do activities without bringing a hat because I just feel so self conscious about it. If I have my hair down it'll either blow back or you can see my forehead through hair strands.

It's just a tough decision. I have been doing som research and came to a deciding factor to choose Dr Yaman if I went through with the transplant, as any other hair transplant place in turkey is either a hair mil or a place that won't take me because of my age. I just wanted a boost in the right direction.

Should I do the hair transplant? Should I wait? Is Dr Yaman a good choice if I went with a hair transplant? Please help me if anyone could. Here is some pictures of my hair, wet and dry. Thank you for whoever helps me :)

Dry:

24F0AE78-5610-4A60-849F-464D83DB8E10.thumb.jpeg.caf20961bdf350b859f683c597577279.jpeg456C51D5-798C-4216-A2C3-BFB70CCA41EB.thumb.jpeg.3bd5d0e10f586f84d52cfdd3dea5cdec.jpeg2F619584-C6E3-43EA-B052-8951CC90C5D9.thumb.jpeg.03bc35ecd3f4d098e646b78b8f0fea23.jpegE2533574-8D5E-45B4-A0E6-48E1BF395333.thumb.jpeg.4e2b1eb5a84b2f374532bd1c2b5bb78e.jpegF9D2ABC4-077C-49FD-947C-22DEAA8F9369.thumb.jpeg.e35e96bcf1a589cac92120e40f8e8b7e.jpeg

Wet:

463282A7-DA61-41AB-9FA2-101F0A3322BC.thumb.jpeg.013ab020c65b49a6a871595956b3c640.jpegE857985E-BE90-483F-85EA-42773641EF38.thumb.jpeg.590c242776fd2107e1f56023cca2a3f6.jpegDD4D3D49-B04B-4E3F-BF96-98A61F83F8C5.thumb.jpeg.4010910947dadcb7d9ccf33db68c13d5.jpeg

I feel your pain because I also began to recede along my hairline at 18 and it scared me into a panic. I had surgery and it was the biggest mistake in my life. The first thing to do is to see your doctor and try finasteride for at  least a year. I'm not a doctor but you want to halt the receding and if possible grow back any hair that you can. There is also over the counter minoxidil that I recommend you begin. Again I'm not a doctor. The problem you face (as I did at the time but was in denial) is that MPB is progressive. One surgery now at 18 is not going to stop hair loss. Medication can. You are at the peak of your life at 21 but one mistake here could end enjoying the rest of your life ahead of you that you can't see now. A transplant now may cover your hairline. But what about the hair behind the hairline? And the hair behind that? Surgery cannot stop this sadly. And the hair that will be used will make the hair in your donor less and less. You do not want to end up swapping one bald area for another and be left with life long scars. Honestly, if you start surgery now, in five years from now you will wish that you had done nothing. The other option is to shave your head. It will grow back. The good thing about a hair transplant is that it's permanent. The bad thing about a hair transplant is that it's permanent. Don't make my mistake and the mistake of thousands of others who have and will be having surgery at such an early stage. As painful as this is medication is always your first choice. All the best!

• Like 1

Too early. First begin with medications and after a few years, re-assess the situation. 

• Like 2

FUE 2400 Grafts (2023) - Dr. Panine; Chicago Hair Transplant Clinic

FUT 1400 Grafts (2019) - Dr. Steven Paul Holt; Holt Hair Restoration/Bella

Any reputable hair transplant surgeon would recommend you start medical therapy first and wait until at least your late 20’s before pursuing a hair transplant. In all honesty your hair looks good, and you are very fortunate to still have a solid crown. When I was 22 my crown was already completely destroyed and my biggest regret was not starting finasteride and minoxidil sooner. 

• Like 3

Ik it sucks but get on medication like finasteride and use minoxidil, not many doctors will do a transplant that young I’ve seen people get them at 23-24 at the youngest gives you a few years to take fin and stop the thing causing your hairloss 

• Thanks 1

Also, when taking finasteride. Is it possible to regain hair in places where there aren't any hair on the temples or hairline? Even though there was before. I know it's not guaranteed hair growth at all. Just wondering if that is a possibility.

It can be done in young patients, and it is the only way you can get back your original hairline. Otherwise you must settle for the receded look. Medicine will not bring back your hairline.

All in all, it simply depends on your priorities and how important this is to you. Get on finasteride or dutasteride. Then maybe in ten years you can get back your original hairline , in which case you’ve basically sacrificed ten years with a receded hairline when it could have been restored. Or you could wait ten years, and notice some thinning on top, and decide that’s more important than the front. Or you could do it now and enjoy ten years with a great hairline, and still have all your hair. Or perhaps you’ll lose some and want another transplant, which could be done.

It simply depends on your priorities.

2 minutes ago, vinixee said:

Also, when taking finasteride. Is it possible to regain hair in places where there aren't any hair on the temples or hairline? Even though there was before. I know it's not guaranteed hair growth at all. Just wondering if that is a possibility.

Medication is better in maintaining then regrowing, howeaver it is likely that you get some regrowth as part of taking it though. Everyone responds differently but I feel that you have enough of a hairline to rock it over for the rest of your life to be honest. If you start it early and commit to it forever you get hair for life, as simple as that. 

I would start Finasteride first though and if you still feel like you would like a little bit more add Minoxidil on the second. 

• Thanks 1

• Administrators

The short answer no. You should not get a hair transplant.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

7 hours ago, vinixee said:

Yea but unlikely I got my procedure at 23 but waited i too was your age when I joined this forum I took fin stoped the loss and got a HT a few months ago luckily the dr doesn’t see me having an advanced pattern from my microscopic camera 

Edited by Dillpickle123
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Rafael Manelli said:

It can be done in young patients, and it is the only way you can get back your original hairline. Otherwise you must settle for the receded look. Medicine will not bring back your hairline.

All in all, it simply depends on your priorities and how important this is to you. Get on finasteride or dutasteride. Then maybe in ten years you can get back your original hairline , in which case you’ve basically sacrificed ten years with a receded hairline when it could have been restored. Or you could wait ten years, and notice some thinning on top, and decide that’s more important than the front. Or you could do it now and enjoy ten years with a great hairline, and still have all your hair. Or perhaps you’ll lose some and want another transplant, which could be done.

It simply depends on your priorities.

ive seen one young guy who went with that yolo attitude towards ht and then got a ht very young WITHOUT BEING ON MEDS and 3 years later he had to wear a hairpiece simply bc  he went from norwood 2 to  full diffuse norwood 5 mode in those 3 years

its probably extreme case but can still show what can happen.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mr_peanutbutter said:

ive seen one young guy who went with that yolo attitude towards ht and then got a ht very young WITHOUT BEING ON MEDS and 3 years later he had to wear a hairpiece simply bc  he went from norwood 2 to  full diffuse norwood 5 mode in those 3 years

its probably extreme case but can still show what can happen.

In that case he was always going to be wearing a hairpiece. Should have been on meds