After so many days of research I'm so frustrated

I really want to do hair transplant  and I'm willing to spend good money.  If read so many horror stories here in the forum and I really couldn't find 1 clinc without bad reviews 

So let's start from the country  is turkey that bad ? Is Korea or Thailand better ?

Can anyone recommend something (with good customer service)?

Thank you

If you really read this forum and still wondering if Turkey is bad and your other choices are Korea and Thailand i'm not so sure you really made proper research 😅

Most bulk of reputable results we have on this forum is from EU and USA doctors. Turkey is highly unrecommended in general.

1 hour ago, haplo said:

I really want to do hair transplant  and I'm willing to spend good money.  If read so many horror stories here in the forum and I really couldn't find 1 clinc without bad reviews 

So let's start from the country  is turkey that bad ? Is Korea or Thailand better ?

Thank you

Even the best hotels, restaurants and cars in the world get bad reviews…. It’s the way it is, nothing is certain 

Take a break from it all for several weeks and clear your mind…then start looking at individual patients that have the same hair loss pattern as yourself and had surgery with outstanding results…who was the surgeon and how many similar patients with great results are there?…look for consistent patterns of results over the long term.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

• Administrators

There is no perfect surgeon. Surgery is a gamble. Even with the best surgeon, the results are not guaranteed. If you're unwilling to accept this, I suggest not getting surgery. Remember doing nothing is never a bad choice.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Konior, Couto and Zarev are as near guaranties of a successful case. Pick based on Norwood level and needs.

Turkey has some good doctors, but like America, also has some trash doctors. Don't worry so much about country (unless there is a budget or time constraint) as about the skill of the surgeon himself. Don't "research" using YouTube or Instagram or Doctor websites - all manipulated. Real patient results are all that matters, really.

Its natural to be frustrated by all of this. I'd say you are going about it wrong if all the researching/consulting was super easy. 

You may be spending tens of thousands of dollars, maybe traveling internationally, having surgery, the disruption to your work and social life, months of ugly duckling phase, many many months of waiting for results.

AND to top it all off - even if you go to an elite surgeon, you may be unhappy with the final result or worse end up botched.

So naturally, this can lead to a lot of stress. 

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor
12 hours ago, haplo said:

Thank you

You need to spend a year doing your research. I always recommend this. You will find that over time a lot of your questions find their own answers. All the best.

• Like 4

I would personally recommend against a hair transplant. You could end up disfigured for life with permanent nerve damage. Furthermore, you stand to lose a lot of money. Doctors rarely if EVER refund a surgery no matter how bad they butcher you. Many hair transplant doctors got their certification at a weekend seminar and simply do not know what they are doing. 

18 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

There is no perfect surgeon. Surgery is a gamble. Even with the best surgeon, the results are not guaranteed. If you're unwilling to accept this, I suggest not getting surgery. Remember doing nothing is never a bad choice.

Can a reputable dr. deny or confirm this in this thread? 

If a dermatological underlying problem can be ruled out, would this still be the case I'm wondering..

@haplo,

While every clinic has the occasional case of a less than optimal result, the key is to select a clinic with a proven track record of producing outstanding results consistently. There are many recommended by this community. Below, I presented steps that I suggest perspective patients take on ensuring they select the best surgeon for them.

——

How to Select an outstanding hair transplant surgeon. 

1.  Start by looking at the surgeons recommended by this community, in particular the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.  Surgeons recommended by this community have met a demanding set of standards and are approved based on meeting those high standards.  Many online hair surgeon memberships don’t have any criteria other than to pay a membership fee.  Furthermore, physician members of the coalition have met an even higher and more demanding set of standards and have proven to be amongst the best of the best in the profession.

2. Now even amongst a list of outstanding surgeons, not all surgeons are created equally. Therefore, while it’s tempting to select a surgeon based on price or location, try to avoid this as many individuals travel great distances to undergo surgery with an elite surgeon they are most impressed with. Thus choose a surgeon based on their proven ability to produce outstanding results rather than because of cost or location.

3. Narrow your selection down to 3 to 5 surgeons you are most impressed with.  You can do this by using this discussion forum and others to view examples of patient results posted by both the clinic and their patients.  Speak with and meet with real patients in person if possible. If not, video chat works pretty well.

4. Come up with a list of consult questions to ask each surgeon/clinic you are considering. I’ve created several different posts on this forum with good questions to ask doctors.  If you need help coming up with a list of good questions, please let me know.

5. Consult with each doctor you are considering and ultimately, choose the surgeon you feel can best meet your goals.

I hope this helps  

Rahal Hair Transplant 

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

While it’s fair to point out risks (as with anything in life) this thread is pretty negative!! The best of the best surgeons often discussed on the forum have a very very high success rate - and they are often so confident from that consistency that they offer a guarantee of a high % growth or they would do something about it to fix it! Like any big decision it’s just important to take time to research (more than “days” 😛), avoid deliberate misinformation from bad sources (such as hair mill Instagram pages) and make a good choice of surgeon. 

Edited by New_Barnet_Please

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Cory said:

Can a reputable dr. deny or confirm this in this thread? 

If a dermatological underlying problem can be ruled out, would this still be the case I'm wondering..

There is no ethical surgeon that would guarantee success. There are no guarantees, its that simple. If you can’t accept the risk, don’t get surgery. Going to a quality surgeon puts the odds in your favor, but its not a guarantee. Furthermore, no one can guarantee your expectations or your happiness. The results may be good, but you might still be unhappy. So for multiple reasons, there are no guarantees.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

25 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

There is no ethical surgeon that would guarantee success. There are no guarantees, its that simple. If you can’t accept the risk, don’t get surgery. Going to a quality surgeon puts the odds in your favor, but its not a guarantee. Furthermore, no one can guarantee your expectations or your happiness. The results may be good, but you might still be unhappy. So for multiple reasons, there are no guarantees.

I get what you say. Succes is a subjective concept.